FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Permanent FPC Platinum for $2000 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1187642-permanent-fpc-platinum-2000-a.html)

ktremor Feb 24, 2011 6:55 am

Permanent FPC Platinum for $2000

Today's Living Social Deal in San Francisco is for the Fairmont San Francisco.

The offer is $2000 gets you one night in the Presidential Suite for two and $10000 get you one night in the Penthouse for four.

One of the things that either package gets you is permanent Platinum status in FPC.

Here's the link for more info....

Link

choptliva Feb 24, 2011 7:34 am

Originally Posted by ktremor (Post 15923616)
Today's Living Social Deal in San Francisco is for the Fairmont San Francisco.

The offer is $2000 gets you one night in the Presidential Suite for two and $10000 get you one night in the Penthouse for four.

One of the things that either package gets you is permanent Platinum status in FPC.

Here's the link for more info....

Link

Wow, so a person can spend the $2000 for a one-nighter and get life time PLT?
That's less money than what one has to spend per year to renew PLT.
$2000 is too pricey for me, but I am intrigued by the math though.

AMRivlin Feb 24, 2011 8:25 am

It is $1500 if you get 4 people in together.

Trying to arrange a conga line on MilePoint/or here.

flo_147 Feb 24, 2011 8:29 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 15924061)
It is $1500 if you get 4 people in together.

Trying to arrange a conga line on MilePoint/or here.

mmm, why $1,500? one package is $2k, so 4 would be then $8k...which is still $2k pp ... what didnt I get here? :confused:

AMRivlin Feb 24, 2011 8:35 am

it has a buy 3 get one free offer on the LS site.

blueline7 Feb 24, 2011 9:18 am

I am in for a conga on this. Please msg me....

nmenaker Feb 24, 2011 9:32 am

me too

I'm looking to DO THIS DEAL, can we get a couple other people onboard. I'll make the first purchase, how does one DO the actual referral, I don't see the information for the actual group buy on the site

does anyone know if this is only applicable for this coming weekend, for some OSCAR party?

HoKo Feb 24, 2011 9:50 am

Ok so newbie question, I don't know how hotel suite upgrades work. The main benefit here that is catching my eye is the 2 confirmed suite upgrade certificates (for stays up to 5 nights)

Does this mean that I can book the cheapest room rate that I can find and then use the suite upgrade certificate or is it like airfare upgrades that can only be used on certain fare classes?

P.S. I am seriously considering going for this so I'd be interested in a conga as well

CanuckFlyHigh Feb 24, 2011 10:26 am

Originally Posted by HoKo (Post 15924624)
Ok so newbie question, I don't know how hotel suite upgrades work. The main benefit here that is catching my eye is the 2 confirmed suite upgrade certificates (for stays up to 5 nights)

Does this mean that I can book the cheapest room rate that I can find and then use the suite upgrade certificate or is it like airfare upgrades that can only be used on certain fare classes?

P.S. I am seriously considering going for this so I'd be interested in a conga as well

Suite upgrades are amazing. Book the cheapest room, get upgraded to some of the best suites.

JohnnyVee Feb 24, 2011 11:09 am

I pulled the trigger this morning at 5AM. If 3 people PM me, I will make the referral and if all 3 buy, rebate $500 to each.

stackm Feb 24, 2011 11:18 am

I will be going in

If someone needs a fourth just send me a PM...

<edit>: I have bought now, thanks everyone.

balderdash Feb 24, 2011 11:23 am

UPDATE! I just bought mine, PM me if you want a referral, I'll give you $500 after we get 3

I am also going in, PM me so I can use your referral

OneWorldTraveller Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

Can I also be in? I wanna buy it too.. Please send me a PM :)

UNHBuzzard Feb 24, 2011 11:58 am

PM's sent to OWT & BD.

$500 Rebates via BoA or PP preferred.

bobofoosh Feb 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Made the purchase and need the referrals. PM me for the link. I will paypal $500 back after all have purchased.