Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Curious. Is it possible to use the Fairmont Room Upgrade or the Platinum Dining or the Local Experience certificates at Swissotel?
No, other than some cross recognition and accruing stay credit, the FPC and Swissotel programs maintained separate redemption benefits.

1) phone agent told me Swissotels aren't eligible for the 2 stays / renew certs offer that elites got, but in the email, it clearly states Swissotel is OK. So should be fine, right?
I haven't stayed at Swissotel very often, but anytime I did, the stay credit automatically appeared in my FPC profile just like my Fairmont stays. If all you need is a qualifying stay, as per the historical qualifying criteria, and because the terms specifically say Swissotel is acceptable for this (I haven't actually read them, so I'm taking your word for it that it's in there), then I would think it should count.

2) How do I book if I don't have a Swissotel Circle membership (but am a FPC Plat)?
I never added my FPC number to my Swissotel booking. I signed up for a Swissotel membership, and used that for my Swissotel booking. The system somehow automatically credited to my FPC account automatically. I've never seen a place on a Swissotel booking to enter an FPC number. I'm guessing it worked based on a match of name and registered e-mail address? To be safe, I would ensure you register for your Swissotel membership using the exact same spelling of names, addresses and e-mail.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
No, other than some cross recognition and accruing stay credit, the FPC and Swissotel programs maintained separate redemption benefits.

I haven't stayed at Swissotel very often, but anytime I did, the stay credit automatically appeared in my FPC profile just like my Fairmont stays. If all you need is a qualifying stay, as per the historical qualifying criteria, and because the terms specifically say Swissotel is acceptable for this (I haven't actually read them, so I'm taking your word for it that it's in there), then I would think it should count.

I never added my FPC number to my Swissotel booking. I signed up for a Swissotel membership, and used that for my Swissotel booking. The system somehow automatically credited to my FPC account automatically. I've never seen a place on a Swissotel booking to enter an FPC number. I'm guessing it worked based on a match of name and registered e-mail address? To be safe, I would ensure you register for your Swissotel membership using the exact same spelling of names, addresses and e-mail.
Cool. Awesome. Thanks for the reply! I’ll do exactly that.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Does anyone know if a stay booked on accorhotels.com will count as qualifying toward member status ?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:14 pm

Not sure where to post this question, didn't want to make another thread.

Has anyone been successful in extending a suite upgrade certificate and also the dining certificates by a few days? The certs expire 2/28. I'm looking to extend to March 2. Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey

Has anyone been successful in extending a suite upgrade certificate and also the dining certificates by a few days? The certs expire 2/28. I'm looking to extend to March 2. Thanks.
The official policy is "no".

However, traditionally Platinum members with a solid stay history have often been granted an extension of several weeks (sometimes more)*if* they had a specific stay booked for which they wanted to use the certs.

But for two days, I'd give it a shot either way and send a friendly e-mail to FPC (and incl. a specific booking/stay)
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:50 am

Shouldn't be a problem. Email them asking for an extension before Feb. 28. I did without a confirmed booking and there was no problem.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:48 pm

Thanks Jasper and gadheri! I will try that. I called and they applied my suite upgrade and did the booking for me, but my suite upgrade in my profile still says 2/28/18 as the expiration. Hoping that will be okay when they redeem it? They told me they don't redeem the suite upgrade until checkout. I won't be checking out until 3/4. I need to call back and ask if I can extend my dining certs by 2 days as well. I will report back if I am successful.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:20 pm

Thanks Jasper and gadheri! I will try that. I called and they applied my suite upgrade and did the booking for me, but my suite upgrade in my profile still says 2/28/18 as the expiration. Hoping that will be okay when they redeem it? They told me they don't redeem the suite upgrade until checkout. I won't be checking out until 3/4. I need to call back and ask if I can extend my dining certs by 2 days as well. I will report back if I am successful.
I would call back if you don't see the expiry date updated in the next day or so. It's possible that it just needs to go to another department to extend the expiry date. But I would want it updated before you get to the hotel, just to avoid any potential difficulty during your stay. The certificate needs to be valid at the time of check-in. While some properties may not redeem the certificates promptly (and sometimes they forget completely), most of the time, I see them redeemed from my account shortly after check-in.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I would call back if you don't see the expiry date updated in the next day or so. It's possible that it just needs to go to another department to extend the expiry date. But I would want it updated before you get to the hotel, just to avoid any potential difficulty during your stay. The certificate needs to be valid at the time of check-in. While some properties may not redeem the certificates promptly (and sometimes they forget completely), most of the time, I see them redeemed from my account shortly after check-in.
Fully agree with this advice.^
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:12 pm

Got an email from Fairmont Hotels about their President's Club for 2018 (email received on 1/21/18):

Greetings and Happy New Year!

A new year brings the anticipation of fresh starts and exciting changes. At Fairmont President’s Club, we are looking forward to our upcoming integration with Le Club AccorHotels, an award-winning loyalty program with a remarkable collection of luxury brands.

We are pleased to inform you that your 2018 status in Fairmont President’s Club will be Premier. More details will follow in March when your 2018 e-certificates are posted to your online profile.

Your Fairmont President’s Club membership will continue until July 1, 2018. On July 2, 2018 you will receive a Silver membership with Le Club AccorHotels.

As a gesture of our gratitude for your loyalty through this transition, you will be eligible to receive as a bonus another full set of Fairmont President’s Club e-certificates in July. This will be in addition to the e-certificates you receive in March.* All you need to do is have two qualifying stays with Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel between January 1 and July 1, 2018.

More information about Le Club AccorHotels and the changes to your membership can be found at our Fairmont President’s Club Members’ Integration Website. As always, you are welcome to email us at [email protected] or call us with your enquiries at 1 877 232 7070 (North America) or +1 506 877 3093 (International).

Thank you for your loyalty as a Premier member of Fairmont President’s Club. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Pleasantly surprised! Honestly wasn't expecting much. I'm going to Maui in May... so great!

nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:32 pm

A most interesting development! Sadly I have not yet received such an email.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:58 pm

I have a stay at Kea Lani on 2/26-3/3. I understand that the suite upgrade certs will be fine to use as I check-in before expiry, but with regards to dining/spa certs, do those automatically extend as well or do I need to use them by 2/28?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I’m curious about the offer for another set of certs. Will one set expire 7/1/18? Or is the first set also standard expiration date? (About one year) Or if we earn the bonus certs, will all be valid until 2/28/19?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by curl
I’m curious about the offer for another set of certs. Will one set expire 7/1/18? Or is the first set also standard expiration date? (About one year) Or if we earn the bonus certs, will all be valid until 2/28/19?
All will be valid until end of Feb 2019.
curl likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by nock
I have a stay at Kea Lani on 2/26-3/3. I understand that the suite upgrade certs will be fine to use as I check-in before expiry, but with regards to dining/spa certs, do those automatically extend as well or do I need to use them by 2/28?
Email them asking for an extension on expiry date. You may not have any issues, however why take a chance on technicality. Won't cost you anything to send an email and know for certain you won't have any problems using them during your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.