Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by kokinos
Good deal you found there quank! I'm not a huge fan of the style of this Canada Goose jacket but if I was I may be tempted.
Its a pretty solid deal but not GREAT. If you like the jacket and typically visit these spots it's a no brainer. Don't think me and the Mrs. will be going though. Hopefully some FT'ers can take advantage of it.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:08 pm

Turnberry Isle (Miami) for US$99++ with unlimited golf

Book by Feb 15, nights start at approx US$125 (inclusive of taxes, resort fee, etc) and include unlimited golf in June/July/Aug when you pay US$40 cart fee/day. Pretty good deal assuming you can get a reasonable flight. Many dates available.

Here's the link with all the details:
http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/hotels/us/971647/
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
$99 -- Bermuda: 99-Hour Sale at 4-Diamond Resort (Reg. $299)

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/cari...mexico/972831/

Travelers can rarely stay at a AAA 4-Diamond resort in Bermuda for less than $200 per night. But this new 99-hour special at The Fairmont Southampton deeply discounts nightly prices through spring:

$99 ... Through Feb. 28
$159 ... March 1-2, 4-7, 13-21; April 14-27
$199 ... May 5-11

For $30-$60 more each night, get a room with a view of the Great Sound Harbor. Including Valentine's Day, President's Day, Easter and Mother's Day, the above dates are currently going for $299-$449 a night.

This time of year is ideal for The Fairmont Southampton's two golf courses and upscale spa. On Bermuda's highest point, the resort contains award-winning restaurants, tennis courts, a private beach club and complimentary ferry service to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. All guest rooms boast private balconies.

Visit the resort's Willow Stream Spa to see why Travel + Leisure readers chose it as one of the World's Best Spas in 2010.

Book by 2 p.m. ET Sunday, Feb. 13. Note: A two-night minimum is required, along with full prepayment at the time of booking. There is a four-night minimum when stays include March 19-22 and April 15.

*Terms/Conditions: (The Fairmont Southampton)
This offer requires a minimum stay of two nights and nonrefundable prepayment. Note: An additional 9.5% government tax, $9.85 resort fee and $10.20 gratuity charge (per person, per day) apply at check-out. New bookings only. Not applicable to groups. Restrictions may apply. Subject to availability.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
BSH ~$135/night equivalent

Yay, my first opportunity to bring a deal to everyone's attention.

It says rates from 179 with 3rd night free, but I have seen the lowest rate show up as $168. That gives an equivalent nightly rate of ~$135 over 3 nights. Better than the last minute rates as this would be upgradable.

http://www.fairmont.com/bsh/banffspotlight

Bookable this week for stays up to the end of May.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Any deals in Vancouver, Late May 2011?

I'll be in Vancouver May 29 - June 2, 2011. Any Fairmont deals, promos available at that time. Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
A reminder, before booking always check www.hotelscombined.com to see if you can get a better rate. If ones available call the presidents club, they will usually match it. Got a Gold Floor Room at Hotel Vancouver for $209/night (seems like a decent deal for Fairmont Gold) Price matched off Expedia.ca. Regular Fairmont Savers rate $270.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by will5404
A reminder, before booking always check www.hotelscombined.com to see if you can get a better rate. If ones available call the presidents club, they will usually match it. Got a Gold Floor Room at Hotel Vancouver for $209/night (seems like a decent deal for Fairmont Gold) Price matched off Expedia.ca. Regular Fairmont Savers rate $270.
So you just tell the agent to check this site and they generally match the price? Just trying to clarify the approach to get matching.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by quank
So you just tell the agent to check this site and they generally match the price? Just trying to clarify the approach to get matching.
Yes just say what site its from (E.g. expedia.ca), the agent will put you on hold and see if they can pull up the same rate. If they can, they generally will match it.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by will5404
Yes just say what site its from (E.g. expedia.ca), the agent will put you on hold and see if they can pull up the same rate. If they can, they generally will match it.
After I saw your message, I called Fairmont Plat line to price match an April reservation that was cheaper on Otel.com. The rate on Otel.com was fully cancellable but required prepayment. When I talked to the agent, they said they would happily match the price BUT I had to now prepay my reservation and the rate would be non-cancellable. I thought this was odd since this is not the same T&C's as the other website, in fact, I was worse off by booking with Fairmont directly. After checking with his supervisor twice, he confirmed that it was policy that once a rate is price-matched, Fairmont requires prepayment and I cannot cancel. Is this others experience? Seems contrary to Fairmont's traditional position that they'd prefer you to book directly with them and that their site has the best prices.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
FWIW, I never believe in any best rate guarantee crap from any hotel chain. They can always find an excuse to not honor it, or to make it useless.

After I saw your message, I called Fairmont Plat line to price match an April reservation that was cheaper on Otel.com. The rate on Otel.com was fully cancellable but required prepayment. When I talked to the agent, they said they would happily match the price BUT I had to now prepay my reservation and the rate would be non-cancellable. I thought this was odd since this is not the same T&C's as the other website, in fact, I was worse off by booking with Fairmont directly. After checking with his supervisor twice, he confirmed that it was policy that once a rate is price-matched, Fairmont requires prepayment and I cannot cancel. Is this others experience? Seems contrary to Fairmont's traditional position that they'd prefer you to book directly with them and that their site has the best prices.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:21 pm

The rates I match are typically prepaid, I haven't tried to match refundable rates. Doesn't surprise me though, I think they book price matches under the Fairmont Savers class of rates which are non-refundable. I usually book non-refundable rates through Priceline or otherwise so not a big deal to me, but if you need the flexibility you maybe better going through the sites with flexible rates directly. I believe the 3rd party sites will still give stay credit etc, I do prefer to book via Fairmont if at all possible though.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:50 pm

Fairmont Platinum and Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts

Does anyone have experience booking through Amex to get the free breakfast for two at fairmont, but then combining with Platinum upgrades or free night certs. I've never used the Amex Fine Hotels benefit, but recently in Maui, couple at next table had free breakfast every day becuase of their Amex platinum beneifit.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dts9
Does anyone have experience booking through Amex to get the free breakfast for two at fairmont, but then combining with Platinum upgrades or free night certs. I've never used the Amex Fine Hotels benefit, but recently in Maui, couple at next table had free breakfast every day becuase of their Amex platinum beneifit.
It´s definitely possible to use upgrade certs and free night certs with AMEX FHR or Virtuoso rates. (I´ve combined Virtuoso rates and upgrade certs many times and have never had any issues at all)

AFAIK the hotel would be allowed to not offer the AMEX FHR benefits on those nights on which you´re using the free night cert (as officially, it only applies to the room rate), but I´ve never heard of any case where a hotel refused to offer the benefits for the entire stay.

This is one of the great features of FPC: certs can be used on pretty much any rate (except for GRGD)
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Delete

Last edited by qbrain; Mar 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm Reason: More knowledgeable person responded while I was responding.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:18 pm

Amex Fine Hotels and Fairmont

Below is Amex offering for Savoy Fairmont. How does the Amex program work? Do you pay Amex duirectly or they just book reservation, and you then call Fairmont to request additional nights or upgrades with Platinum benefits. The breakfast benefit is a great benefit and most fairmonts (ie Maui/Bermuda) overprice the breakfast buffet.

Has anyone ever used a Friends and Family Rate, but then added the Amex benefits?

Can you book a reservation and then call Amex to simply register it?

American Express Platinum Card Member Benefits: Savoy, London, United Kingdom

Guaranteed room upgrade at time of booking - subject to availability
Continental breakfast for two
Guaranteed 12 noon check-in
Guaranteed 4pm check-out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.