Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
AM - I was looking at the WS package for July 16 or 17, but its 599 a night. I think the 299 a night with 125 credit is a better deal. We are going to go early on Friday and get the locals spa deal - so massages are only $125. Since we get a $125 credit, we will pay $425 for 2 massages and a room. (299/night - 125 credit + 250 massages). No breakfast, and no parking, but I am fine with the street parking, and will just buy the breaky.
CFH.. Book two nights of Willowstream July 15th to 17th and get Willowstream at $529 per night.. The $449 worked only for Canada Day Long Weekend.. that's why it was such a screaming deal. If you book the July 15th to 17th this was at www.fairmont.com for two nights, you save the $70 per nights.. phone reservations back and cut it back one night, and you will be able to keep one night at $529 per night.

Local Spa Deal, correct me if I'm wrong, is $125 plus tax and gratuity so works out to be $150 roughly per massage. So two massages roughly $300, brekkie $70, self parking $25, all adds up to roughly $400.. room is roughly $134.. The Locals Know $299 with $125 credit, the room works out to be $175. So a bit of savings, not much. Worth the hassle to save $40? Maybe not in this case.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Hey guys what is the locals spa deal? How do you go about getting it?

AM you better not take all of the suites on the Canada long weekend. I'm going to be there as well with the family, and I better not get relegated to a closet suite overlooking the parking annex because you took all the good suites for your friends!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by anti_ice

AM you better not take all of the suites on the Canada long weekend. I'm going to be there as well with the family, and I better not get relegated to a closet suite overlooking the parking annex because you took all the good suites for your friends!
Monday - Friday, they have some selections for a discount for Albertans.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
CFH.. Book two nights of Willowstream July 15th to 17th and get Willowstream at $529 per night.. The $449 worked only for Canada Day Long Weekend.. that's why it was such a screaming deal. If you book the July 15th to 17th this was at www.fairmont.com for two nights, you save the $70 per nights.. phone reservations back and cut it back one night, and you will be able to keep one night at $529 per night.

Local Spa Deal, correct me if I'm wrong, is $125 plus tax and gratuity so works out to be $150 roughly per massage. So two massages roughly $300, brekkie $70, self parking $25, all adds up to roughly $400.. room is roughly $134.. The Locals Know $299 with $125 credit, the room works out to be $175. So a bit of savings, not much. Worth the hassle to save $40? Maybe not in this case.

Thanks. You are correct on the local spa deal. 125*1.18*1.05 = $155 per massage. (Health plan covers $90 per massage! ).

It probably is a slightly better deal, however I am guaranteed in a one bedroom suite and won't bother messing around with it. Thanks tho.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:17 am

Monday - Friday, they have some selections for a discount for Albertans.
Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks. You are correct on the local spa deal. 125*1.18*1.05 = $155 per massage. (Health plan covers $90 per massage! ).

It probably is a slightly better deal, however I am guaranteed in a one bedroom suite and won't bother messing around with it. Thanks tho.
That's good.. so a fifty dollar savings with Escape to Willowstream.. even with the local's deal.. btw Kokinos got $140 per massage with his health plan. Buying the massage outright guarantees you can collect on your insurance.. whereas booking the Escape to Willowstream, you can't get the insurance kickback because there is no seperate invoice indicating exact amount.

Verdict.. Public wins with Escape to Willowstream.. CFH and Kokinos wins with health plan kick back.. gets better deal than the rest of us.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Did you guarantee book a suite because they are completely sold for the night of July 1st to 3rd now. Even Kokinos' suite that I helped get him isn't his usual. You golf? Saturday July 3rd, 2:30 pm tee off. We've got 4, but the NY doctor only plays once or twice a year. I'm golfing with land developer buddy tomorrow at Glencoe, and he seems keen.. first come first dibbs.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Did you guarantee book a suite because they are completely sold for the night of July 1st to 3rd now. Even Kokinos' suite that I helped get him isn't his usual. You golf? Saturday July 3rd, 2:30 pm tee off. We've got 4, but the NY doctor only plays once or twice a year. I'm golfing with land developer buddy tomorrow at Glencoe, and he seems keen.. first come first dibbs.
Yeah, this was booked months ago on the great spotlight offer (similar to the current one going at Whistler). I did get a 1 bedroom suite with my cert so I am just joking around. I was keeping my fingers crossed at the chance for a specialty suite since this is our first time there, but I am sure we will be pleased with what we got. They have been treating our group well so far.

We are actually already golfing Saturday morning. We'll likely be in the clubhouse having lunch and a few beers when you are teeing off. Better hope we can't see you at the first tee...or the gallery might be heckling you!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: AC SE
Allright Ancien Meastro, I am hoping you can help me out with a booking. I would really like to get the spa quite for July 16-18. I was thinking I would book one night at the willow stream spa package you recommend and then the next night as the banff 125 or something cheaper that you would recommend. I know you have some sort of arrangement/special knowledge. It is my best friends birthday and so he and his fiancee will be joining us. I figure the ladies go to the spa and the guys go and play golf ( i am platinum and am hoping to take advantage of the 2 for 1 golf. Maybe the costco deal too). Your advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
Allright Ancien Meastro, I am hoping you can help me out with a booking. I would really like to get the spa quite for July 16-18. I was thinking I would book one night at the willow stream spa package you recommend and then the next night as the banff 125 or something cheaper that you would recommend. I know you have some sort of arrangement/special knowledge. It is my best friends birthday and so he and his fiancee will be joining us. I figure the ladies go to the spa and the guys go and play golf ( i am platinum and am hoping to take advantage of the 2 for 1 golf. Maybe the costco deal too). Your advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
PM me for personal concierge.. upon availability, $100 per night for spa suite guaranteed reservation. I would book two nights on the Escape to Willowstream for a $70 discount per night on lower rate starting from a weekday.. after reservation is made adjust to the number of nights you want keeping the rate you booked.. same goes for 125th anniversary deal, book a couple or three nights depending on what the website spits out.. after combine the two nights in combination that you want. Ask the front desk for 2 for 1 golf cert ahead of arrival to make sure you got a cert sitting for you in your hot little hands.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Yeah, this was booked months ago on the great spotlight offer (similar to the current one going at Whistler). I did get a 1 bedroom suite with my cert so I am just joking around. I was keeping my fingers crossed at the chance for a specialty suite since this is our first time there, but I am sure we will be pleased with what we got. They have been treating our group well so far.

We are actually already golfing Saturday morning. We'll likely be in the clubhouse having lunch and a few beers when you are teeing off. Better hope we can't see you at the first tee...or the gallery might be heckling you!
My family will have Saturday Brunch at BVG.. I'll head out to the course thereafter.. practice range, and putting green. I might have my land developer buddy come out.. Kokinos, will be there.. shall be a very nice outing..
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:10 am
Suspended

Busy weekend at the Springs.. booked another friend's friend from California for 4 nights.. and the Condo Developer friend will be visiting the Springs as well.. See you all down there at the Spa, BVG, golf course, etc. this excellent Canada Day Long Weekend, and July 4th Weekend. It will be a nice 8th Anniversary celebration for us too!^

EDIT: Shhpaaaaaaaaah Suite is Shhpaaaaatacular. Private Room Banffshire Club no charge scored by my doctor buddy... Priceless Shhcccoore! 12 60 Minute Treatments between 2 families.. helping to bolster the Canadian Economy.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jul 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:19 pm
Suspended

I guess the hotel didn't redeem my suite upgrade over Canada Day Long Weekend. Will have to go back and give them more business.. ^ Its killing us, 5 suite upgrades left to get rid of, already spent like 38 nights (with another 4 nights at the Mac coming up), all in suites this year.. I was hoping to get rid of these suite upgrades so I have a reason not to go back to Fairmonts for the rest of the year.

Checked my pockets for some change.. Budda Boom Budda Ching.. little bit of coin left.. we'll have to go back to the Springs before summer's out for my 4 year old.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 6MM, FRMNT PLT, MRT GLD, HYT PLT
I'd like to know about how to get the locals' spa deals, too. I'll be staying at this property in mid-September.

I'd also like to know more about the hot air balloon, even though my husband will definitely not want to join me.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jujubean71
I'd like to know about how to get the locals' spa deals, too. I'll be staying at this property in mid-September.

I'd also like to know more about the hot air balloon, even though my husband will definitely not want to join me.
Local Spa Deal is $125 plus tax and tip, total around $155.. Mon to Thurs.^

Hot Air Balloon Ride - I sponsored a charity golf tournament and Kokinos was my guest. It was a silent auction.. I bidded on a hot air balloon ride, then my buddy out bids me.. Kokinos hears about the hot air balloon ride, when the auction was about to close, Kokinos outbid everyone. My buddy was laughing at me because he outbidded me, and Kokinos had the last laugh.

Back to spa.. Do the Escape to Willowstream.. Mid-September I've seen rates as low as $449.. includes 2 massages, brekkie for 2, self parking, and room. Fantastic deal at this rate.. apply your plat suite upgrade to a one bedroom suite and you'll have a fabulous weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.