Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks Kokinko's!
Is 1051 bigger than what I have posted here? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html
Also, how does 1054 compare to that room in those pictures?

If you could take a picture (even from the outside) of the patio of 1054 that would be great. I can't quite picture where it is in the hotel. Also, if you are walking down any of the hallways, can you check the last 2 numbers on the doors as I described in the Suite Upgrade thread:

(I wish i remembered, but when you walk down the hallway (out the elevator, to the left), and down the hallway, it is the 2 doors on the right hand side at the first corner you reach. One door is before the corner (bedroom), one door is after. (living room))

Thanks again! Enjoy your stay! This little Fairmont group we have on FT is a great group of people.
The actual living room of 1054 may be a tad smaller then the room you stayed in. But it has the teepee dining area which is a wonderful place to sit in case you want to be inside. The Spa suites are also finished and furnished much nicer compared to your room. For a summer party 1054 would be my choice easily because of the massive patio. Make sure to arrange extra patio chairs and tables for the patio and you will have a very memorable event. Plus you can look into the Spa Pool from the top ^

1054 from the outside:
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by kokinos
The actual living room of 1054 may be a tad smaller then the room you stayed in. But it has the teepee dining area which is a wonderful place to sit in case you want to be inside. The Spa suites are also finished and furnished much nicer compared to your room. For a summer party 1054 would be my choice easily because of the massive patio. Make sure to arrange extra patio chairs and tables for the patio and you will have a very memorable event. Plus you can look into the Spa Pool from the top ^

1054 from the outside:
Thank you so much!! That seems like the PERFECT room to host friends during July for a wedding!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thank you so much!! That seems like the PERFECT room to host friends during July for a wedding!
Your wedding? If so, congratulations!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Your wedding? If so, congratulations!
Hell no! Friends wedding. But will want to have a place to go between afternoon ceremony and evening reception.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:03 pm

The guests you entertain will be crushed when they return to their own rooms so you better get ready for more guests the morning after

Let us know how it goes and if you have to pay an extra $100 a night as Ancien said through Shelley I say it's totally worth it.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by kokinos

1054 from the outside:
i had that suite on my last stay about a month ago. no suite upgrade certificate used. i was there for 3 night. i was very surprised that they upgraded me to such huge suite. i am liking Fairmont Brand a lot.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Try to book this room with the suite upgrade plus $100 per night.. Call Shelley FPC desk.. I've got it arranged for anyone who's interested in the Spa Suite.^

Tell her I sent you..^
Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Try to book this room with the suite upgrade plus $100 per night.. Call Shelley FPC desk.. I've got it arranged for anyone who's interested in the Spa Suite.^

Tell her I sent you..^
First I will try free through my contact, then I will try the 100 bucks from you
Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
First I will try free through my contact, then I will try the 100 bucks from you
If it is a major occassion.. pay the $100 pn. With requesting a suite.. no guarantee they'll change it on you on the last second.. its happened to me a bunch of times. Personally, if I've got a major occassion like this, I guarantee it like a chastity belt. BTW.. keep it private why you're booking it. Fairmonts are in business to make money
Old May 30, 2010, 11:51 pm
Suspended

FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL SPECIAL NOTE: Starting two weeks ago, Banff Springs now has a $10 per adult per night Resort Fee. This fee covers gratuities for chamber maids, bell, gardeners, pool workers, etc. So for an example.. 3 nights stay, 2 adults, 2 children would be a total of $60 resort fee.
Old May 31, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL SPECIAL NOTE: Starting two weeks ago, Banff Springs now has a $10 per adult per night Resort Fee. This fee covers gratuities for chamber maids, bell, gardeners, pool workers, etc. So for an example.. 3 nights stay, 2 adults, 2 children would be a total of $60 resort fee.
Wow. I never thought I would see Fairmont stooping to these shenanigans too. SPG resort fees and airline fuel surcharges are two that are a personal thorn in my side. The Canadian gov't really needs to put an end to this once and for and legislate all-in pricing.

Again, wow. Really disappointed in Fairmont...

I did a mock booking, however, and it seems to be per room not per adult. I don't see how they could justify tagging it per adult.

"If you want your side of the bed made: $10. If you want YOUR side of the bed made too, that'll be another $10."
Old May 31, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AC SE
Does this apply to previously made bookings?
Old May 31, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
I'm very disappointed in this If the cost to operate has gone up then just raise the cost per night!! When you shop at retail stores they don't charge you $5 extra at the till just for the shopping at their store. This is just a money grab as I doubt they pass this $$ onto the staff.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I agree that the entire concept of resort fees is ridiculous!

IIRC the Banff Springs has a "graduity included" policy with regards to bell staff etc., so they canŽt even claim the resort fee is instead of having to tip the staff.
If they really need to make more money, increase the rates!

Btw, I wonder whether weŽll have to pay resort fees when using a free night cert?
Old May 31, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
Does this apply to previously made bookings?
I would casually but firmly refuse to pay for any bookings made previously, just be aware at checkout. They are likely to ensnare several people unawares, but if you look for it, they can't make you pay. It should say on your confirmation anyway:

from an old reservation,
Total Rate: $358.00 CAD plus 2% Tourism Improvement Fee 4% Tourism Levy 5% GST

New bookings include the text "Resort Fee" on this line.

Resort fees on free nights, just like fuel surcharges on flight redemption's, would be incredible shady and a black mark on the Fairmont brand, IMO. My opinion of SPG and AC dropped many notches when they started doing this.

ALL-IN PRICING!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.