Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Could be lots of fun! I only shoot in the low 90's, but if you'll have me, im there
Then you've shot better than I this year! I was all over the map.. did get under 90 once, but it was more like a 100 after adding all of the penalties and balls lost.

300rwhp.. would be good to hook up.. Premier members get a two for one cert as well.. The thing is you've got to stay at the hotel and they'll give you one golf 2 for 1 cert.

kokinos is the scratch golfer.. whereas I am golfer who scratches.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

kokinos is the scratch golfer.. whereas I am golfer who scratches.
I consider myself a thirsty golfer
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Gee, I think if you all showed up on the same weekend.. there isn't enough spa suites to go around.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
You sound like my kind of golfer....me being of the same program. ^
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:43 am

Looking forward to golfing in 2011 already! So anyone ever stay at the Springs over New Years Eve? I've been in Whistler the last 7 years or so over NYE but this year had a family member go through major surgery (Everything went well so far) so BSH here I come.

I'm aware of the $295 dinner and unltd drinks event at the conference center but I'm not really in the mood to drink lots this year. Right now I have no plans yet so let me know if there are any "Must Do" events for this day in the rockies.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokinos
Looking forward to golfing in 2011 already! So anyone ever stay at the Springs over New Years Eve? I've been in Whistler the last 7 years or so over NYE but this year had a family member go through major surgery (Everything went well so far) so BSH here I come.

I'm aware of the $295 dinner and unltd drinks event at the conference center but I'm not really in the mood to drink lots this year. Right now I have no plans yet so let me know if there are any "Must Do" events for this day in the rockies.
Hey Kokinos..

We stayed at BSH New Years Eve a couple of times before.. Nice view of fireworks from Rundle Lounge, and the Hunters Brunch on New Years Day is very nice.. just upgrade brekkie to Hunters Brunch for minimum denaro. Had a couple friends do the black tie $295 reception dinner.. nothing bad to say.. but didn't really provide me with too much information, except they attend it each year with their family.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:02 pm

We ended up having dinner at Grapes and then went to the Gala. The MC and Banff Orchestra singer was really good, his 10 year old son was also the best dancer on the floor easily!
the late night snacks consisted of canapes like you get in the rundle, mini burgers and what seemed to be those mini pastries from M&M meat shops. The bar choices were fairly limited but still they had heinekens so I wasn't complaining.
Overall for $125 per person after 10:00pm for unltd drinks, great entertainment and some snack foods I was happy to have done it. If you do end up buying the late admission tickets I suggest you arrive well before 10 bc we arrived at 10:02 and somehow there was no line and many of the "Party" tables were already full.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:18 pm
Suspended

We ended up having dinner at Grapes and then went to the Gala. The MC and Banff Orchestra singer was really good, his 10 year old son was also the best dancer on the floor easily!
the late night snacks consisted of canapes like you get in the rundle, mini burgers and what seemed to be those mini pastries from M&M meat shops. The bar choices were fairly limited but still they had heinekens so I wasn't complaining.
Overall for $125 per person after 10:00pm for unltd drinks, great entertainment and some snack foods I was happy to have done it. If you do end up buying the late admission tickets I suggest you arrive well before 10 bc we arrived at 10:02 and somehow there was no line and many of the "Party" tables were already full.
We've never done the Gala.. good to know it sounds like great value.. Funny, can't imagine you in a tux.. only in golf course gear.. and of course the golf cap.

May have to try the gala one year.. when did the Gala end?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:02 pm

We've never done the Gala.. good to know it sounds like great value.. Funny, can't imagine you in a tux.. only in golf course gear.. and of course the golf cap.

May have to try the gala one year.. when did the Gala end?
Ahh the GolfCap... it may be circa 1890s and twice the size of my head but that cap fits the Banff Springs to a T!
The drink service ended at 1:00am but that was bc of some law. We left right after that to open up a bottle of champs. As for the gala the last act didn't get on stage till 12:30ish so I'm sure it went on till 2? There were probably still 150 when we left.

We walked by the Rundle after and that place was packed!!! The band was very good too and lots of ppl dancing but I'm sure I would have spent more there for food/drinks and been cramped.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:50 am
Suspended

Ahh the GolfCap... it may be circa 1890s and twice the size of my head but that cap fits the Banff Springs to a T!
The drink service ended at 1:00am but that was bc of some law. We left right after that to open up a bottle of champs. As for the gala the last act didn't get on stage till 12:30ish so I'm sure it went on till 2? There were probably still 150 when we left.

We walked by the Rundle after and that place was packed!!! The band was very good too and lots of ppl dancing but I'm sure I would have spent more there for food/drinks and been cramped.
Good times to be had at the Springs.. especially for New Years!^ We booked a stay Banff Springs on family long weekend.. scored the one bedroom suite again.. we'll see what shakes. I never guarantee anything.. just let the hotel work its' selection based on our loyalty.. know the Hotel Manager helps. He's been great to us from when he worked at the Orchid, and now the Springs.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:42 pm

Good times to be had at the Springs.. especially for New Years!^ We booked a stay Banff Springs on family long weekend.. scored the one bedroom suite again.. we'll see what shakes. I never guarantee anything.. just let the hotel work its' selection based on our loyalty.. know the Hotel Manager helps. He's been great to us from when he worked at the Orchid, and now the Springs.
I gifted a night stay as a wedding gift to a couple who got married last month in Vegas. Well it looks like 6+ cpls are coming out for this trip to BSH in a few weeks.

I booked the private room at the Banffshire club but AM you gotta tell me if it's really worth the $200/ person with booze! We want to stay in the hotel so our options are fairly limited and this is the only place I haven't eaten at. Perhaps I should save this occasion for the FPC Golf tourney in 2011?

The hotel asked me if I have a preference of where to put the majority of our group. I'm tempted to just say the tower on a newly renovated floor but does anyone here have any other suggestions? Almost everyone has a Fairmont/View room fyi.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:20 pm
Suspended

I gifted a night stay as a wedding gift to a couple who got married last month in Vegas. Well it looks like 6+ cpls are coming out for this trip to BSH in a few weeks.

I booked the private room at the Banffshire club but AM you gotta tell me if it's really worth the $200/ person with booze! We want to stay in the hotel so our options are fairly limited and this is the only place I haven't eaten at. Perhaps I should save this occasion for the FPC Golf tourney in 2011?

The hotel asked me if I have a preference of where to put the majority of our group. I'm tempted to just say the tower on a newly renovated floor but does anyone here have any other suggestions? Almost everyone has a Fairmont/View room fyi.
Banffshire private room at no charge! You are ahead my friend!.. And worth every penny to have that private wine cellar room with curved ceilings.. btw, the curve ceiling is aligned perfectly out to the foyer curved ceiling. This room is the epitome of luxurious dining at the Banff Springs.. I ended up involuntarily getting the head of the table this last Canada Day Long Weekend, and was sitting where the queen, president's and prime ministers, Executives of Billion Dollar Companies sat. Priceless.

Kokinos.. Have everyone do the musical chairs for the head of the table, and let me know if anyone feels tingly after a meal like that. LOL.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:09 pm

Banffshire private room at no charge! You are ahead my friend!.. And worth every penny to have that private wine cellar room with curved ceilings.. btw, the curve ceiling is aligned perfectly out to the foyer curved ceiling. This room is the epitome of luxurious dining at the Banff Springs.. I ended up involuntarily getting the head of the table this last Canada Day Long Weekend, and was sitting where the queen, president's and prime ministers, Executives of Billion Dollar Companies sat. Priceless.
Darn my mouth is already watering and I'm not even thinking about the food! As for head of the table since I organized this whole trip shouldn't i at least have a 2nd chance when we do the musical chairs?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Darn my mouth is already watering and I'm not even thinking about the food! As for head of the table since I organized this whole trip shouldn't i at least have a 2nd chance when we do the musical chairs?
Our bill wasn't too bad because my wife and I don't drink. The food was spectacular (not huge volumes), but literally you can savor 15 levels of taste.. so don't rush through it. Put a forkful in the mouth, and let it melt.. savour each moment like its your dying last breath.. tonals are exquisite.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Update: Just confirmed our stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs for February.. Shhhhhpppppaaaaaaahhhhh Suite confirmed.^ .. Didn't expect it, but many thanks.. a favorite suite of ours as it is architecturally refined and mere steps away from the pool for the kids and of course the world famous and internationally renowned Banff Springs Shhhhppppppaaaaahhhh.

Found out last stay, there is actually an elevator up from the spa to just outside the suite.. neat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.