Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

ANyone know when Fairmont Great rates will be posted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:18 am
Original Poster

As topic, anyone know?
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by fayewolf
As topic, anyone know?
There is an ongoing thread in the Fairmont Forum that posts them as soon as they are available. They are released the first week of the month, so anytime on or before the 7th.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:17 am

I've looked since the 1st until now the 7th and it's still not there... is this normal?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by turtle911
I've looked since the 1st until now the 7th and it's still not there... is this normal?
Yupp, I've seen it released as late as the 11th.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:03 pm

The Great Rates will be available just after midnight tonight.
They were delayed because of Canada Day and the 4th of July.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
They are posted. One question, can you get AA miles with these rates? I'm currently booked on an NFAF rate that's the same as this rate and would love to get AA miles as well. Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to my first Fairmont experience. Marriott and their $200+ rates for mediocre properties has lost me...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by mctrees02
They are posted. One question, can you get AA miles with these rates? I'm currently booked on an NFAF rate that's the same as this rate and would love to get AA miles as well. Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to my first Fairmont experience. Marriott and their $200+ rates for mediocre properties has lost me...
You should get the miles but the great rates are usually non refundable
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by kokinos
Usually? I understood they're always nonrefundable, though have only been paying attention for the paat year or so and could be wrong.

At any rate, pardon the pun , the new month's offers are available to FPC members only and are out. Note the YVR Airport as it's a very good value for a very good hotel usualy at least double the sale rate:

THESE RATES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 7 DAYS.
Call 1 888 741 0411 or click on the destination of your choice to book online by July 14th 11:59pm EST.

Bermuda from $149* USD
Boston from $149* USD
Cairo, Egypt from $119* USD
Chicago from $129* USD
Dubai from $109* USD
Edmonton from $119* CAD
Hamburg, Germany from €129* EUR
Montebello, Québec from $129* CAD
Montreal from $129* CAD
Riviera Maya from $119* USD
San Jose from $99* USD
San Francisco from $129* USD
Scottsdale from $90* USD
Sonoma from $159* USD
Tremblant from $109* CAD
Vancouver Airport from $129* CAD
Vancouver from $129* CAD
Victoria from $129* CAD
Whistler from $109* CAD
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just booked Boston Copley for Aug. 6 to hear Sir Paul McCartney in concert. Maybe something has changed because the rate is prepaid but fully refundable until Aug. 5!

Darn it, no Banff nor Jasper! Oh well, those 2 have NFAF @ C$189 & 179 respectively.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
I just booked Boston Copley for Aug. 6 to hear Sir Paul McCartney in concert. Maybe something has changed because the rate is prepaid but fully refundable until Aug. 5!

Darn it, no Banff nor Jasper! Oh well, those 2 have NFAF @ C$189 & 179 respectively.
I knew it was prepaid but didn't bother to really see if refundable, I shouldn't have made the assumption. I used it, worked out $20($60 total) cheaper then NFAF on a stay in a couple days.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Scottsdale

Seriously - Scottsdale at $90 is an amazing price. Book if you can!! Even the Casita suite for $165 is awesome!!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Originally Posted by kokinos
Great thanks. I had the NFAF rate booked next week @ $119 but will gladly pay an extra $10 for the AA miles.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:17 am

Can't receive miles on Great Rates

You can't receive miles on the Great Rates - here are the terms posted on the site:

Great Rates - Great Dates are offered exclusively to Fairmont President's Club members. You must be a member to book these rates. Great Rates must be booked within the seven-day time period allowed. If you're not yet a member click here. Offer is subject to availability and limited blackout dates at time of reservation for double occupancy in a Fairmont room. Stay must be paid in full at time of reservation. Offer may not be combined with other promotions or offers. Fairmont President's Club certificates are not applicable for this promotion. Partner airline miles are not rewarded on this offer. Full payment at time of booking, non refundable.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:38 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Why "non refundable" ?

It says deposit (for the full amount) is required at booking, but it still subject to the 6pm cancellation policy (on day of arrival).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.