The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Old May 13, 2011, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oldhughesguy
I am staying there in Sept for $......... They are having renovation rates again like they did last year when they were working on the pools. Now it's painting, the Kho restaurant, and elevator work. The rate was not on the web site. I booked at $373/night and they emailed me back with the reno rates. I think they start in August. I would contact the hotel drectly
Excellent rate! I would definitely jump on this.. except I like visiting when its cold, and we've got 2 feet of snow.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Thumbs up

I am staying there in Sept for $219/night. They are having renovation rates again like they did last year when they were working on the pools. Now it's painting, the Kho restaurant, and elevator work. The rate was not on the web site. I booked at $373/night and they emailed me back with the reno rates. I think they start in August. I would contact the hotel drectly
Having just returned from Maui, I would highly recommend the $219 rate, despite the renos, it's a steal!!!
Old May 22, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Just got back

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Poolside rooms will have no balcony as you walk straight out of the pool, and is treated as an equivalent almost to Deluxe Ocean View (poolside is popular with families with small children who want to get to the pool quickly off the ground floor).. Poolside rooms are considered a triple upgrade.

The Fairmont Suite will likely have a balcony.. might I suggest you request for a balcony on your reservation? If you quote any third party website to the front desk before arrival and a request for an upgrade, and leave it up to the hotel, you should have better luck getting an upgrade at check-in (compared to poolside which is a triple upgrade).

There will be a lounger, table and two chairs on each standard balcony.. new patio furniture, as a result of their reno.
Thanks for the tip! We got a beautiful room M98 - end suite with wrap around balcony, 3 sitting areas including 2 lounge chairs. I loved every second we stayed at this property and was so sad to leave. Absolute paradise.
Old May 22, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I am staying there in Sept for $219/night. They are having renovation rates again like they did last year when they were working on the pools. Now it's painting, the Kho restaurant, and elevator work. The rate was not on the web site. I booked at $373/night and they emailed me back with the reno rates. I think they start in August. I would contact the hotel drectly
wow the hotel emailed you with a lower rate than you booked out of the blue?? that is a new one. i wish i could go in sept as i know rates usually drop but kids go back to school so gotta go in june, july, early august. thanks though for the info. that is indeed an awesome deal.
Old May 25, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Hi everyone here!

I never been in Hawaii (or Maui) and I dont know wich Fairmont to choice.

I want with my girlfriend to marry in a nice place with family only (so max 7-8 people) and I think this place can be good..

But on the pics I can see online, I think the Fairmont Kea Lani is maybe "to big" and the Orchid can be better.

I know some of you here tried both of them (like Ancien Maestro and maybe others?).

So, can you give me your idea about the place for a small wedding!

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alelex
Hi everyone here!

I want with my girlfriend to marry in a nice place with family only (so max 7-8 people) and I think this place can be good..

Thanks!
Congratulations!

I haven´t been to Hawaii, so can´t comment on the two properties, just two general pieces of advice.

As it´s your wedding and you´ll be booking 3-4 rooms I´d either:

- let a good Virtuoso travel agent take care of the reservation (which would get you free breakfast, comp. upgrade, F&B credit) or
- contact the sales manager or general manager directly and negotiate a package (e.g. free breakfast and upgrade for you to a special suite).

Both hotels should also have a dedicated wedding coordinator who I´d recommend contacting.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alelex
Hi everyone here!

But on the pics I can see online, I think the Fairmont Kea Lani is maybe "to big" and the Orchid can be better.

I know some of you here tried both of them (like Ancien Maestro and maybe others?).

Thanks!
Both properties have very nice wedding pavilions..

The Orchid has a new wedding pavilion ocean front.. so for a ocean front wedding, the Orchid would be the choice..

The Kea Lani has a very nice wedding pavilion as well.. you get an ocean view, water fall step downs and the wedding pavilion is actually nice and fancy.. Bride and groom would have a view of the ocean facing angled right.

But.. if it came down to the two hotels.. I like the Fairmont Kea Lani better..

Fairmont Kea Lani is in Wailea which is what I refer to as Heaven on Earth (Kea Lani means Heavenly White).. the weather at the right time of the year is magical.. and this last time out we did not want to leave.. and we were yearning to stay longer.. and this was at the tail end of a 24 night spring break holiday. My 5 year old son did not want to exit out of the pool.. the one bedroom suites were just roomy enough for the 4 of us.

Fairmont Kea Lani neighbors the 4 Seasons Hotel and is just steps away from Grand Wailea.. Wailea is the most luxurious destination in all of the islands, and arguably Continental US as well. For a once in a lifetime treat.. I would nudge towards the Kea Lani.. Orchid will do it well as well..

The Fairmont Orchid resides on the Kohala Coasts and receives just 8 inches of rain per year.. I've seen a few events rained out, but not too many.. as we probably spent over 60 hotel nights there over the years.. but its desert like conditions.. so for dry weather certainty.. Fairmont Orchid.

My Developer friend couple were married while staying at Wailea Four Seasons.. but they didn't have their ceremony at the Four Seasons.. and my sons classmates' parents at a private school, whose dad is pilot with West Jet was married while staying at Fairmont Kea Lani.. but they didn't have their ceremony at the Kea Lani neither..

Both couples married down the street at a private ocean front wedding pavilion in Wailea which I forgot the name of.. Anybody can fish the name of this wedding pavilion I speak of?.. I know MileageAddict married while staying at the Kea Lani.. but I'm not sure if his actual wedding was at Fairmont Kea Lani.. maybe he knows the name of the wedding pavilion.. I'll do a bit of research and get back with another post..

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; May 25, 2011 at 9:27 pm
Old May 25, 2011, 9:42 pm
Suspended

http://www.whiteorchidwedding.com/ma...a-lani-resort/

The waterfall walkway I refer to is in one of the pictures in the link.. also I guess the Kea Lani can do weddings where you're fronting the ocean.. bit awkward on the walkway.. maybe do the wedding in front of the Villas where there is nice green space.. but the waterfall walkway looks pretty spectacular..

http://www.whiteorchidwedding.com/bi...island-hawaii/

The ocean front gazebo isn't pictured in the link.. the link pictures many parts of the hotel, but the ceremony wouldn't occur necessarily in the spa, or by the pool.. it would happen probably at the ocean front gazebo..

Tried surfing for the Wailea location of the two couples that married off the hotel site.. but can't positively identify which one it may be.. I'll do some asking and get back to you..
Old May 28, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Thanks for the link and tips!

So I contacted the hotel, and the wedding team sent me 2 pdf with availabe wedding program.

i will pick the 4.5k package and I think will be just amazing! But need 3 nights Suite for us and 2 or 3 classic rooms.

Now ths issue is the family of my fiancee! Just had a fight yesterday about this idea (why go to Fairmont when u can go to sand and do by yourself and bla bla!) so... I still have couple of month to make this project works!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: AA
Fairmont.com vs. third-party

I am tryng to make a reservation fro Aug 21, 6 nights at the Maui Fairmont.

I have the upgrade coupons, but it seems still cheaper to use a third-party (costco.com or travelocity) to get the same room even without the upgrade certificates... does that make sense. I was hoping fairmont.com match the third-party prices, and then get the upgrade to a higher category.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ViajeroLA
I am tryng to make a reservation fro Aug 21, 6 nights at the Maui Fairmont.

I have the upgrade coupons, but it seems still cheaper to use a third-party (costco.com or travelocity) to get the same room even without the upgrade certificates... does that make sense. I was hoping fairmont.com match the third-party prices, and then get the upgrade to a higher category.

Any thoughts?
You should be able to book third party and call into Fairmont Premier/Platinum desk and use your suite upgrade certificates and complimentary room night. Use of complimentary room night is restricted to Fairmont category, so unless you plan to change suites to use your free night, I would recommend booking the Fairmont category..

When booking, get the confirmation # as you'll need to quote this to the Premier/Platinum concierge to get the upgrades done..

Where about in Costco did you get the rates? Costco has been popping up to be a viable rental car alternative as well..
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:39 am

Stayed here a few months ago for six nights, it was absolutely wonderful.

The beach wasn't crowded, it was easy to get a place at the pool, no charge for parking, no resort fees. I would HIGHLY recommend it.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by loopies
Having just returned from Maui, I would highly recommend the $219 rate, despite the renos, it's a steal!!!
I see $319, not $219, and I think I have looked everywhere on that site, what am I missing?

also i assume although the fact sheet says internet and not wifi, that is IS wifi?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:15 pm

Deluxe Suites and Floor Preference

Anybody have preferences for floors when staying in the deluxe suites?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:24 pm

I am big on water slides, usually stay at westin...

We will be staying here this time, unless I win the lottery before in which we will be staying who knows where...

I am gonna win that some day...i will:-:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.