Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:39 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by myb821
Can the Fairmont premier Willow spa certificates be used here. Or because its not a "willow" spa they cant?
They can not be used here.

Similar to trying to use KMart Gift Cards at Target.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
They can not be used here.

Similar to trying to use KMart Gift Cards at Target.
thats frustrating why would they not have there own branded spa in their hotel.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by myb821
thats frustrating why would they not have there own branded spa in their hotel.
For starters Willow Stream is fairly new, and only comes to new builds/renovation properties.

Additionally,

Fairmont or any hotel chain rarely owns the building, as they only manage the operations. When the hotel building owner gets a better contract from a different spa company or vendor, that company (read: not fairmont) can work with anyone they like. I am sure Fairmont has the option to bring willow stream to many locations, but not all.

Feel free to visit a Willow Stream location to use your certificates.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
not sure

For starters Willow Stream is fairly new, and only comes to new builds/renovation properties.

Not sure about this Willow Stream is new thing. I've been to some willow stream spas at Fairmont (and older legacy CP hotels) I think as long ago as the late '90's?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Not sure about this Willow Stream is new thing. I've been to some willow stream spas at Fairmont (and older legacy CP hotels) I think as long ago as the late '90's?
New in the scheme of Fairmont being 110 years old.

And many locations opened before the WS monkier.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
I have not stayed at this property in a few years. Just made a reservation and notice they now have a $25/night "hotel amenity" fee. When did they start charging this? I sincerely doubt there are any new "amenities" being offered for this fee. Not a fan of these fees in Vegas and definitely don't think this is a "resort" that warrants the extra fee either. Wish they would just put it right in the room rate so you know upfront what you're dealing with!!!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by optimas
I have not stayed at this property in a few years. Just made a reservation and notice they now have a $25/night "hotel amenity" fee. When did they start charging this? I sincerely doubt there are any new "amenities" being offered for this fee. Not a fan of these fees in Vegas and definitely don't think this is a "resort" that warrants the extra fee either. Wish they would just put it right in the room rate so you know upfront what you're dealing with!!!
Fully agree - what a nuisance!

I'm 99% sure this fee didn't exist this Jan./Feb. (i.e. 6 months ago).

Please make to complain! While I understand the reasons of why hotels charge these bogus fees, they upset guests and devalue Fairmont's brand IMO.

"Resort fees" are bad, but "hotel amenity fees" are just ridiculous.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Fully agree - what a nuisance!

I'm 99% sure this fee didn't exist this Jan./Feb. (i.e. 6 months ago).

Please make to complain! While I understand the reasons of why hotels charge these bogus fees, they upset guests and devalue Fairmont's brand IMO.

"Resort fees" are bad, but "hotel amenity fees" are just ridiculous.
Revenue Grab!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I've stayed at this Fairmont several times over the past few years. Hard to beat location, but the one thing when I first came was that the amenities in the room were definitely on the older side. I actually stayed at the hotel for my bachelor party in the older part of the hotel, and while it is roomy, it is definitely a bit worn.

However, the new renovated rooms have a much more modern, updated feel to it. Not a huge change, but definitely feels a bit more luxurious. Perhaps a bit on the pricey side, but you are generally going to pay up if you want to stay in a good location in Santa Monica, and with my corporate rate, it's generally pretty reasonable to stay here from a price perspective.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Stayed here in late-November - overall a very nice stay, particularly with Virtuoso benefits. I will update shortly with a full review. Seems a bit pricey @$306/nt but many of the nicer ocean-front properties run $400+ and Beverly Hills is even more $$$
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:29 am

meh, at best

Stayed here a couple weeks ago on a Virtuoso rate of $559/night. Rooms are TINY (yes, we knew that before we booked) at 275 sq ft. Even though Platinum members are "guaranteed" an early arrival, and we had done the web check in the night before, the room wasn't ready at 6pm when we arrived. They made up for this by offering free appies and drinks in the lobby lounge, which was nice, but would have rather had our room. Room was ready at 7pm. When we got to our room, it wasn't the room type we were supposed to get (booked Deluxe Ocean View, with Virtuoso upgrade upon booking to Premier Ocean View). Went back downstairs, they couldn't see the upgrade in our reservation, but I had a copy of it. No Premier Ocean View available for that night, but could change rooms the next day. They did deduct some money off of our rate for the first night. Went back to our room. No platinum/virtuoso amenity. Called down for that. We left the room at about 7:30, returning a couple hours later. Luggage still hadn't arrived. Had to call down for that. Went to change rooms the next day, they gave us keys to an already occupied room.

The hotel is beautiful, and the location is amazing. The Lobby bar is really good (and the servers are great). Breakfast, also really good. Overall, the service recovery is very good, but having that many little things go wrong on a two night stay is irritating. Especially at the prices they charge.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Just a note that Ray Garcia, the executive chef at Fig during its glory years, now has his own highly-regarded restaurant, Broken Spanish, in downtown Los Angeles.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Just a note that Ray Garcia, the executive chef at Fig during its glory years, now has his own highly-regarded restaurant, Broken Spanish, in downtown Los Angeles.
Is he still managing the Fig too? Glory Years? (Is it no good now?)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Is he still managing the Fig too? Glory Years? (Is it no good now?)
No, Chef Garcia is no longer affiliated. He actually has two outlets in Downtown, the second being BS Taquiera, a casual place about four blocks from Broken Spanish. It is similar to what Rick Bayless does in Chicago, with the elevated food at Topolobamlo contrasted with the more casual Frontera Grill.

One unique thing about Garcia (a Los Angeles native) is that he stayed at Fig and the Fairmont for many years (at least 10). Rather than hop from place to place, he built his relationship with suppliers and staff over the long haul.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Are the dining certificates accepted here?

Since Newport Beach is no more after Feb 9, this is the only place in/near LA now.

Just confirmed they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.