Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I called Fairmont last week, as I have not received an email with details about my new Accor account for life post July 2.
They said that I would receive the email either on July 2 or possibly a few days later (?!).
Also, the July 2 coupons might not be posted immediately -- they are "busy", so it might take a few weeks.

I have a stay in early-mid July using a free night coupon and an upgrade coupon that are already in my account.
I was hoping to be able to use the $100 of dining coupons that I should receive July. They might be available in time, which is annoying.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No sign of becoming Accor Platinum as of yet. Seems likely this transition will be botched.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
I called Fairmont last week, as I have not received an email with details about my new Accor account for life post July 2.
They said that I would receive the email either on July 2 or possibly a few days later (?!).
Also, the July 2 coupons might not be posted immediately -- they are "busy", so it might take a few weeks.

I have a stay in early-mid July using a free night coupon and an upgrade coupon that are already in my account.
I was hoping to be able to use the $100 of dining coupons that I should receive July. They might be available in time, which is annoying.
And I was planning to call on July 2, right before I leave for an international trip, to apply mine!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:50 pm

So we're going to the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park hotel Thursday for two nights. (Needed another stay at Fairmont to get a last round of e-certificates). Haven't stayed there before, but I'm sure it's lovely. Love a Fairmont.

So I got an email saying I could upgrade to their private Club (Fairmont Gold) for an extra $69 per night. Seems like it's similar to the Club level at nice Hiltons and Marriott's.

Anyone here stayed there and did that? Lots of amenities. Worth $69? Probably gonna do it.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:40 pm

Generally speaking, a Fairmont gold upgrade for $69 is a steal. I haven't stayed at Chicago in particular, but I would take it.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:23 pm

if a recall right not so long ago all the gold floor was renew and up to date and style.
Prob my next fairmont destination. Chicago is a amazing city to discover sometime better then New York

have fun

Ireman
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Does anyone have issues with their STAY HISTORY now showing the current year stays? I show all my stays reflected in past reservations and in certificates being used, but they actual STAY HISTORY shows none of this. I'm concerned of course now as I just did another night to make the 2 stay threshold for the bonus, but my stays don't show up in all expected places.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Does anyone have issues with their STAY HISTORY now showing the current year stays? I show all my stays reflected in past reservations and in certificates being used, but they actual STAY HISTORY shows none of this. I'm concerned of course now as I just did another night to make the 2 stay threshold for the bonus, but my stays don't show up in all expected places.
How recent was the stay? My experience has been that it can take up to a week for a stay to show up in the Stay History section. Any certificate redemptions can appear right away, at check-in, when the front desk redeems them from your account. I just checked my account, and all of my 2018 stays are there, but none of them are very recent.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
How recent was the stay? My experience has been that it can take up to a week for a stay to show up in the Stay History section. Any certificate redemptions can appear right away, at check-in, when the front desk redeems them from your account. I just checked my account, and all of my 2018 stays are there, but none of them are very recent.
one was back in early June, (orchid), the other was yesterday (san jose) to qualify for the promo.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
one was back in early June, (orchid), the other was yesterday (san jose) to qualify for the promo.
The early June one surprises me that it's not showing in your account yet. For your stay yesterday, it would surprise me if it was in your account already.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:09 pm

I had an issue with one stay back in March. I submitted a request through https://www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/request-correction/ and it got fixed the next day.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
And the change is now almost complete. did the e-mail check-in for Montebello and the "Room is ready" e-mail is instructing me to pick up my keys at "Le Club Accorhotels Priority desk..."
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:02 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Interestingly I have not received any email regarding the transfer yet. hmm...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:16 pm

At this point I feel as if a friend of mine who is terminal is being euthanized tomorrow. I'm not sure whether to go over to their house to be with them, or remember them in silence alone.

If I weren't going to be on a plane all day tomorrow, I would probably head to my nearest fairmont and buy everyone in the bar a drink.

;-(
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:22 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
At this point I feel as if a friend of mine who is terminal is being euthanized tomorrow. I'm not sure whether to go over to their house to be with them, or remember them in silence alone.

If I weren't going to be on a plane all day tomorrow, I would probably head to my nearest fairmont and buy everyone in the bar a drink.

;-(
sigh

I totally feel with you. The thing I’ll do tomorrow is open a bottle of champagne and drink one for the old times sake in silence remembering the good times.

sigh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.