Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What really upsets me is I made up my mind several years ago to give up on airline loyalty as the erosion of benefits just made every program worse and worse. I told all my friends to focus on hotel loyalty as that's where the future lies. Well, there goes that idea ...
All loyalty programs are being tied more directly to margin they are willing to give away to high revenue customers. They are trying to set a direct % give back which means tied to $ spend. The earn part has worked that way for hotels for awhile and the airlines have pretty much caught up but now you are starting to see that adjusted on the redemption side, where variable redemption amounts, more tied to the pricing are occurring. Accors is doing this and that's why it appears cheap compared to the U.S. brands. Unfortunately, you can expect to see this happen more soon with the U.S. brands. Hilton is doing this, but covertly. They have a sliding scale redemption, initially pegged to the redemption chart, but soon you will see that drift and devalue the points and customers won't notice so easily.
Brendan and ptownca like this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by dmodemd
All loyalty programs are being tied more directly to margin they are willing to give away to high revenue customers. They are trying to set a direct % give back which means tied to $ spend. The earn part has worked that way for hotels for awhile and the airlines have pretty much caught up but now you are starting to see that adjusted on the redemption side, where variable redemption amounts, more tied to the pricing are occurring. Accors is doing this and that's why it appears cheap compared to the U.S. brands. Unfortunately, you can expect to see this happen more soon with the U.S. brands. Hilton is doing this, but covertly. They have a sliding scale redemption, initially pegged to the redemption chart, but soon you will see that drift and devalue the points and customers won't notice so easily.
this sort of flys in the face of the purpose of the acquisition. the CEO of Accor said that it was the "high revenue" and high margin clients of Fairmont that was most interesting to them. If they do away with many of the perks that I think we all believe kept and retained those high revenue clients, what good will that have done for them?
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
It will be very interesting for FPC to see how their FPC stays/nights come out year over year on 6/30/18. But by that time it will be too late.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
https://ewikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Pacific_Hotels
What loyalty/ rewards program, if any, did CP Hotels & CN Hotels offer before they became Fairmont Hotels in 1999--2001? Better or worse than today's Accor? Or none at all?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by nmenaker
this sort of flys in the face of the purpose of the acquisition. the CEO of Accor said that it was the "high revenue" and high margin clients of Fairmont that was most interesting to them. If they do away with many of the perks that I think we all believe kept and retained those high revenue clients, what good will that have done for them?
Well as one of those high revenue clients who would book Fairmont properties no matter what season, I find Accor management incredibly tone deaf to what makes FPC so special. In the last three years my spend has been north of 250k.

Just saying, as I burn my last FPC bennies next week.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just got this email:

As a gesture of our gratitude for your loyalty through this transition, you will be eligible to receive as a bonus another full set of Fairmont President’s Club e-certificates in July. This will be in addition to the e-certificates you receive in March.* All you need to do is have two qualifying stays with Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel between January 1 and July 1, 2018.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Just got this email:

As a gesture of our gratitude for your loyalty through this transition, you will be eligible to receive as a bonus another full set of Fairmont President’s Club e-certificates in July. This will be in addition to the e-certificates you receive in March.* All you need to do is have two qualifying stays with Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel between January 1 and July 1, 2018.
I just received the same e-mail. It may be the final year of the program, but I'll certainly make good use of these extra certs. Perhaps they had a lot more negative feedback about the transition than expected (I certainly wrote several letters with my opinion), and this is a way to scramble to hold on to members before they jump ship, while they buy time to figure out a new strategy for the future. Well, I can hope that's what they'e doing.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Yep, got the email today as well. One can hope that they took note of our disappointment, and will come up with some kind of solution to retain us loyal customers. I certainly will be making the most of these certs this year, and I'm looking forward to some awesome time away with family this year at several Fairmonts!!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:47 pm

I got the same email too.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:58 pm

For me, it's double bonus!
"We are pleased to inform you that your 2018 status in Fairmont President’s Club will be Premier. More details will follow in March when your 2018 e-certificates are posted to your online profile."
As my Premier was come with the Chase card, 2018 Premier status is quite a surprise.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:15 pm

Plat here. No email regarding double certs...
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:22 pm

It's already on the website. Not targeted.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:34 pm

What site? I don't see anything on fairmont.com.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by nock
What site? I don't see anything on fairmont.com.
http://www.fpcmembersite.com/questions-answers/
bonus e-cert
Brendan and HeavenlyJane like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
This is amazing. My wife and I are both Plat. This means we will have FOUR free nights, $400 USD in F+B/Spa, and more Suite and Room Upgrade cert's than we can use. Now, where to use them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.