Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

150 Canada - 3rd night free certificate (targetted)

150 Canada - 3rd night free certificate (targetted)

Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
I am a US-based FPC Plat and did not receive this third night free coupon.
I did receive the "2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free" coupon last December.
I have not stayed in a Canadian Fairmont since early 2016.
I don't think being US based is the issue. My FPC profile is a US address.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
I am Canadian and got this certificate this morning as well. Thank you Fairmont.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes and yes. Applied to Fairmont SIN by calling in.
Thanks for confirming. And to use any certs you have to call it in anyway...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Yes and yes. Applied to Fairmont SIN by calling in.
So what you are saying is this is good in any Fairmont hotel that's participating? What's the Canada 150 thing about?

Also, another person (above) was saying they receive the "2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free" coupon last December.

And are these targeted then? IOW, not everyone with status gets them? Wonder if it's because I used my "free night" already for this year. Will we get another one in December? Is this premier status the gift that keeps on giving??

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 2, 2017 at 10:18 am
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lbotez
So what you are saying is this is good in any Fairmont hotel that's participating? What's the Canada 150 thing about?

Also, another person (above) was saying they receive the "2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free" coupon last December.

And are these targeted then? IOW, not everyone with status gets them? Wonder if it's because I used my "free night" already for this year. Will we get another one in December? Is this premier status the gift that keeps on giving??
I don't know how many times I need to confirm this, but yes, the cert is not restricted to Cdn properties. I have a 4 night stay at Fairmont Singapore, which is in Asia, in October, and I applied my free night by calling the Platinum desk. (I don't think there is any way to apply these certs online.) So now my reservation says I only have to pay for 3 nights.

I'm going to assume you're not Canadian. Canada was founded in 1867. Yesterday, we celebrated our 150th birthday on July 1, 2017. It was a big deal.

Yes these offers are targeted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who gets them. I was lucky enough to receive the holiday free night at Christmas and the Canada 150 night. I will be able to use both of them, at the Fairmont SIN! ^
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I don't know how many times I need to confirm this, but yes, the cert is not restricted to Cdn properties. I have a 4 night stay at Fairmont Singapore, which is in Asia, in October, and I applied my free night by calling the Platinum desk. (I don't think there is any way to apply these certs online.) So now my reservation says I only have to pay for 3 nights.

I'm going to assume you're not Canadian. Canada was founded in 1867. Yesterday, we celebrated our 150th birthday on July 1, 2017. It was a big deal.

Yes these offers are targeted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who gets them. I was lucky enough to receive the holiday free night at Christmas and the Canada 150 night. I will be able to use both of them, at the Fairmont SIN! ^
Thanks for the clarity. There are no "rules" listed for this 3rd free night (even though there is an * before it). Why it says 150 Canada on it didn't make any sense to me unless it was just for Canada. However, sounds like it is just another "3rd night free" certificate, for the people who got them.

I have only been a President's Club member since last year, and didn't benefit much from it last year because I bought my Kea Lani package from Costco instead of booking direct (because of price). Got the Chase credit card after I went there. Was pretty impressed with Fairmont after that stay.

Someone else mentions this certificate here: http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/07/01/f...ght-free-cert/

I'm a bit skeptical regarding these kind of offers... just assumed it was only for Canadian hotels. Then thought the Singapore thing might have been a mistake. Just checking!

So sounds like I can use my free night certificate for spending $12K on the card, the free night certificate for spending another $6K on the card, and this free Canada 3rd night one if I buy two more nights and get 5 nights for the price of 2 if I use it by Nov. I'll go with that.

BTW, oddly enough, I was born in Edmonton. Though I'm a US citizen now. Happy 150th!

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 2, 2017 at 11:18 am
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:56 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I too am Canadian and lucky enough to have gotten the Holiday free 3rd night as well as this recent Canada 150 free 3rd night. I was able to apply the Canada 150 free 3rd night to an upcoming stay at the Fairmont Beijing this week. Thank you Fairmont for the generosity, much appreciated!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Got it too

Got this as a Platinum. Have not checked out of the hotel yet but they have pulled the xmas one already....will try to swap them out
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:37 pm

Got this as a platinum in the US. Didn't get the holiday offer so I'm not sure how these bonus certs are handed out.

Does anyone know if I can apply this to a prepaid 2 night stay I've already booked? I assume not, but I literally made the reservation the day before I got this cert.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Since the cert is for 3rd night free, I'd say there is a good chance you could add a 3rd night to your prepaid reservation and apply the cert. Call the Platinum desk to find out.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Noticed this also - Platinum.

Just applied to previous booking at Banff for this summer
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:06 pm

Since the cert is for 3rd night free, I'd say there is a good chance you could add a 3rd night to your prepaid reservation and apply the cert. Call the Platinum desk to find out.
Unfortunately, doesn't work on prepaid.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nock
Unfortunately, doesn't work on prepaid.
I'm not aware of any such restriction as long as the booking was made via Fairmont (or a real TA). I certainly know of people who were able to apply their free / 3rd night free cert and received a refund to their CC.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I always wonder what kind of logic (if any) is applied when awarding additional certs.

I'm not sure why Premier members who only have status from the Chase CC would qualify while Platinum members don't, but I'm sure the marketing folks are smarter than I am.
Another data point... It's not just Premier members who received it. My wife and I are both Fairmont Platinum. She received the cert but I did not.

I wonder if they look at future bookings, to perhaps encourage additional reservations. I have a number of future bookings under my name, but I don't think we have any currently booked under her name.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'm not aware of any such restriction as long as the booking was made via Fairmont (or a real TA). I certainly know of people who were able to apply their free / 3rd night free cert and received a refund to their CC.
That's what the FPC person told me. He said cert is only good for nonprepaid AND Fairmont level rooms. I have a prepaid signature room so they said no. He did say that upgrade certs would work though e.g. free night plus 3 nights in a Fairmont level room, plus suite upgrade would end up as a 4 night suite paying for only 2 nights.

FYI I booked directly on the Fairmont site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.