Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:26 pm

Hmm...I got it too. I always qualify with 10 stays with what wouldn't be enough nights. I also re-qualified for next year. Could that have anything to do with it? Seems like most people got it, so I'm curious what's different about those who didn't.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Nyc one... Got it
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Got one as well.

Do "3rd Night Free" certificates count towards #room nights for status?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
Got one as well.

Do "3rd Night Free" certificates count towards #room nights for status?
Not officially, but accidents can happen. In the past two years, I've redeemed 3 separate free night certificates, 2 at Le Chateau Frontenac and 1 at Le Montreux Palace, and none of them counted toward status. Each of the few years before that, I did get credit for the free nights.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
Hmm...I got it too. I always qualify with 10 stays with what wouldn't be enough nights. I also re-qualified for next year. Could that have anything to do with it? Seems like most people got it, so I'm curious what's different about those who didn't.
I always qualify with 10 stays and did for next year as well so that's not it. Location? I'm in the US.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
So does this mean Buy 2, get the 3rd night free?

Or is this just a free night certificate?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
The wording on the cert is the same as the thread title.

2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The wording on the cert is the same as the thread title.
OK, I already had 2 free nights this year, so I wasn't sure if it meant I get a 3rd. But now I see, it is a 3rd night free after 2 paid
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Ok so I got this, not sure exactly how but question on how to use it. DO I just make a 3 night booking and then the third night will automatically be free? It didn't seem to have a link to use it or redeem it or anything. I read the terms and understood that they take away the 3rd free night during check in?? Is that correct?

Time to start planning something, anything lol

ETA: Just as I hit send, I got an email telling me about my 3rd free night and the number to call and book it.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Got it here as well, Plat status is paying off
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
...and I just got the email explaining the gift.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
So, do they use some kind of software to customize the video with the members name or do they actually print the names on paper and film it ?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by miadukes
Ok so I got this, not sure exactly how but question on how to use it. DO I just make a 3 night booking and then the third night will automatically be free? It didn't seem to have a link to use it or redeem it or anything. I read the terms and understood that they take away the 3rd free night during check in?? Is that correct?

Time to start planning something, anything lol

ETA: Just as I hit send, I got an email telling me about my 3rd free night and the number to call and book it.
The process and T&C should be the same as for the Premier 3rd night free certs:

1. Make a three-night booking for a Fairmont room. (apply upgrade certs if you like.)
2. Make sure your dates aren't blacked out.
3. Call FPC to appy your 3rd night free cert.
4. Your 3rd night free cert will be redeemed at check-in.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I got it as even a lowly Premier member (via the Chase card, no less). VERY tempting.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Accor, Marriott
Another data point: I received this certificate as a current Club member, though I did qualify for Premier for next year.

Very nice and welcome touch. I had great stays and received great service at the Fairmont hotels I stayed at this year - Southhampton, Kea Lani, and Orchid - and look forward to trying new properties next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.