Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changed Amex/plat5 account dropped to Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hi, I did a quick search but thought I'd post here

I recently switched Amex cards (from Aeroplat to Platinum)

Both have the same Plat5 Benefit. I just logged in and noticed that my status has dropped to Club and all profile data is gone

I already selected my benefits a few weeks ago, I hope they arrive...

Anyone experienced this?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:49 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
I canceled my AMEX AeroPlat in January to switch it to the AMEX Plat card instead. I have not had a change in my Fairmont status. I'm still Platinum

I'm sure a quick call to the Plat line with Fairmont will work things out.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:08 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

keep us posted.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by epost77
I canceled my AMEX AeroPlat in January to switch it to the AMEX Plat card instead. I have not had a change in my Fairmont status. I'm still Platinum
Same. I held both cards for a few weeks as well before I canceled the Aeroplat. OP did you cancel the Aeroplat than get the Platinum? THey probably have an automated process to send cancellations to Fairmont.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
This is concerning for me too. I'm switching from the Amex AeroPlat to the regular Platinum. Both offer the Fairmont PLAT5 benefit. I've been holding both cards for the past 6 weeks, but am about to drop one before I end up paying 2 annual fees when I only need the 1 card.

I have 14 nights booked at 3 different properties in June, and I have at least half of my 2012 certs applied to them. I'd hate to see some automatic computer glitch somehow mess those up, and find the rooms reassigned and gone by the time it gets sorted out.

Maybe right after I cancel the surplus card, I'll place a premptive call to the FPC concierge. Perhaps they can add some sort of note in my membership file?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: AC
How quickly did this happen?
How long a period, if any, were you without the amex plat?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AC_Good_Will
How quickly did this happen?
How long a period, if any, were you without the amex plat?
Some Amex promo, including my wife's CENT promo got dropped. You hve to call Amex or FpC and get it reinstated.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I logged in again prior to calling and my status was back to Platinum. Might have been a momentary IT thing
Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I just finished calling Amex to cancel my AeroPlat card, and I specifically asked about cancellation of benefits. She indicated that Amex does indeed automatically notify all partners, including Fairmont Hotels, of the card cancellation.

However, the Amex rep (Kaylie) was extremely helpful. She immediately called Fairmont Presidents Club and brought them onto the line in a conference call with me, explained to them that I'm still holding the regular Amex Plat, and the FPC rep confirmed that my Fairmont benefits will remain intact and my pending reservations will not be affected.

Sadly, that's the kind of great customer service that you don't see enough of these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.