Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
+1

Too late for regrets
I am sorry!

The difficulty is that some inaccurate information was shared on FT.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by khlay
Same here:
Fairmont Visa Complimentary Night - Courtesy
16/Oct/2017
28/Feb/2018

Edit: 6k spending
same, alas there is now no availability for all of November at the Plaza
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I'm lucky. It's still in time to extend my December stay in Orchid by one night.
The only problem is no suite availability. It will be one night in suite and one night in partial ocean view room.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:28 pm

anyone else earn the night but not have it post yet?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:56 pm

finally got the certificate, the stay has to before 02/28, right? looks like Fairmont whistler block all Dec/Jan/Feb weekends?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:23 pm

The wife and I just received our certs. We were 6K spend / less than a year, so ours expire 2/28 as, sadly, expected:

Fairmont Visa Complimentary Night - Courtesy
Date Issued: 16/Oct/2017
Expiry Date: 28/Feb/2018
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:30 pm

Yay! Got mine this afternoon. I spent $12K and my cert is until Oct 16, 2018. Just what I was expecting. Thanks. Glad that's over with.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: Everything
It is 10/17 and neither my husband nor I have our certs yet. Are we the only ones still waiting?

We spent $6000+ each well before the deadline, which should have been sufficient because we had less than a year to our next anniversary date. We cancelled our Sapphire CCs when then arrived but there was no indication that that was a no-no.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by HeavenlyJane; Oct 17, 2017 at 4:12 am
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
It is 10/17 and neither my husband nor I have our certs yet. Are we the only ones still waiting?

We spent $6000+ each well before the deadline, which should have been sufficient because we had less than a year to our next anniversary date. We cancelled our Sapphire CCs when then arrived but there was no indication that that was a no-no.
Cancelling the Saphire may have been the problem. A friend of mine did the same thing, but called Chase a few minutes ago and was told that pursuant with the terms and conditions of the Farimont Card, the account must be open in order to receive the annual free night certificate. He was also told that the certificate is considered the annual free night certificate--it was simply issued early due to the elimination of the Fairmont card.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:05 am

The Plaza and Savoy are extremely difficult to book, as not only must a Plaza room be available (at the Plaza), but they also limit the number of free rooms per month. November and December are extremely difficult months to secure a room at The Plaza due to Christmas.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
The Plaza and Savoy are extremely difficult to book, as not only must a Plaza room be available (at the Plaza), but they also limit the number of free rooms per month. November and December are extremely difficult months to secure a room at The Plaza due to Christmas.
Yes, I know. And I knew that any chance of a room being available by the time the certificates hit the accounts was low. It's still frustrating that the certificates took so long to be deposited and will only be valid until February, as that effectively knocks out properties where you need to book far in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:29 am

...that effectively knocks out properties where you need to book far in advance.
That is so true. Given the limited number of Fairmont properties, I have a feeling that there may be quite a few unused free night certificates that expire in February.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by TTT103
Cancelling the Saphire may have been the problem. A friend of mine did the same thing, but called Chase a few minutes ago and was told that pursuant with the terms and conditions of the Farimont Card, the account must be open in order to receive the annual free night certificate. He was also told that the certificate is considered the annual free night certificate--it was simply issued early due to the elimination of the Fairmont card.
I think this is an issue of multiple conflicting responses by poorly trained CSAs. I called in myself this morning and was told that it looks like I qualified and they'd have to research and get back to me.

I see a class-action suit brewing, if those of us with canceled cards are denied our certificate.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:06 am

I had cancelled my Sapphire card and called Chase this morning and they said I had earned the night and to call Fairmont. I called Fairmont and was told it would take the rest of the week before everyone's free nights were posted, so I wouldn't stress yet.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
I see a class-action suit brewing, if those of us with canceled cards are denied our certificate.

Nope.
Putting aside whether you'd have any claim on the merits , to the extent you relied on statements by customer service reps , that will be totally fact-specific, individualized determinations, not suitable for class treatment. Moreover, I doubt you'd meet the numerosity requirement. Probably under 100 people in the situation of having canceled cards relying on customer service, qualifying for the certificate, and not receiving it.
Brendan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.