Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
I just got my cert, so, since my anniversary date was in May, I can get a regular cert for spending 12k or a 2/28 cert for spending 6k before 8/14, right?
It's too bad. I liked this card, although the points never seemed to add up much. Still, I have about 60,000, I believe. That's one night at the Kea Lani, and maybe a $150 gc.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
I have about 60,000, I believe. That's one night at the Kea Lani, and maybe a $150 gc.
That 60K will be 60K URs which could be 2-3 nights or more at a Hyatt.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by mhdena
That 60K will be 60K URs which could be 2-3 nights or more at a Hyatt.
Thanks for the info. Would that include, say, the Andaz Maui?
I suppose I can go look this up. I do have an Ink card with UR points.
I'm guessing that would be 2 nights at the Andaz, tops.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:08 pm

Thanks for the info. Would that include, say, the Andaz Maui?
I suppose I can go look this up. I do have an Ink card with UR points.
I'm guessing that would be 2 nights at the Andaz, tops.
Andaz is cat6 : 25,000. You will have 2 night + 10k left over That's why I think Fairmont points are bad!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:37 pm

So that would be if I transfer the UR points to Hyatt points, right? Because I saw less than 2 nights if I try booking the room using UR points.
Although in the past, I have seen where I could book a room with UR points, where none were available using Hyatt points.
I was hoping to use my 2 Fairmont certs and add 2 or 3 nights for a stay at the Kea Lani. Looks like I'd be better off with a nice stay at the Andaz (which has better food, anyway). I can always use the Fairmont certs for a weekend staycation in Sonoma or SF.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:54 pm

weekend staycation in Sonoma or SF.
I did the same thing too ^ Only negative for me is that I've no luck using my suite upgrade for Sonoma.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
I did the same thing too ^ Only negative for me is that I've no luck using my suite upgrade for Sonoma.
I think I tried that once, and didn't get an update, either. Not available, or whatever.
Got a great room at the Kea Lani with my 2 free nights sign-up bonus, about 4 years ago. Of course, those are all suites. But I did get ocean view.
Had a really nice room in SF, too.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
I used a cert in Sonoma on NYE one year, so I was lucky just to get a room.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
It's hard to justify putting $6k on the card for a stay cert that expires 2/28/17. My last Fairmont stay was in Singapore where they upgraded me to a penthouse suite using the suite upgrade cert. However, I have no plans to go back there, or the nicer Fairmont properties in Hawaii or Canada any time soon. As a local, the SF or Sonoma Fairmonts aren't that appealing....
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Has anyone determined whether those of us who have never had a CSP would still get the bonus when the card gets converted?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Has anyone determined whether those of us who have never had a CSP would still get the bonus when the card gets converted?
Chase does not give a signup bonus for card conversions.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
never had a CSP would still get the bonus
Better apply before August 15th to get the CSP bonus. Maybe even the 1st of August to be safe.

And then PC the Fairmont CSP to a Freedom.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Better apply before August 15th to get the CSP bonus. Maybe even the 1st of August to be safe.
That's not the way Chase works. Even if you are converted to the CSP, you can still apply later and get the signup bonus.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's not the way Chase works. Even if you are converted to the CSP, you can still apply later and get the signup bonus.
Can you apply for a card (CSP in this case) you're holding? If not might as well get it now.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:55 pm

Can you apply for a card (CSP in this case) you're holding? If not might as well get it now.
As far as I can tell, they don't appear to have a restriction on that, but I can't provide first-hand confirmation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.