Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by acell
Is the annual fee still waived for the first year? Or is this promotion over?
I haven't seen a fee waiver in quite some time. But even at $95 it's a great deal.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:21 pm

How long are the Chase Fairmont free night certificates good if I receive in July '15

expire 365 days later as in July '16 or expire calendar year of Dec. 31, 2015?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MassillonDad
expire 365 days later as in July '16 or expire calendar year of Dec. 31, 2015?
Chase free night certs are valid for one year.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:30 am

I looked back a few pages, but could not find the answer. Does the $12,000 for the free anniversary night include the $3,000 minimum spend? I assume it does.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by solstys
Does the $12,000 for the free anniversary night include the $3,000 minimum spend?
Yes.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes.
Thank you.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:37 am

for those that have applied is the approval instant? if I got the "decision pending you will be notified in 10 days" that's pretty much a denial right? I tried under my wife but I'm wondering if I should just apply now again under me. but don't want two Fairmont cards, lol.

got a stay coming up at the orchid in a couple months and wanted to use suite upgrades for that.

a quick question off topic, if I wanted to use suite upgrade for a 5 night stay, but I booked the stays separately as a 4 night stay, and then a 1 night contiguous add on, I'm sure they would still consider that as one stay right?

thanks for any help.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Althekillr
if I got the "decision pending you will be notified in 10 days" that's pretty much a denial right?
Not at all, but you might be able to expedite it if you call. They often just want a little more information.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:31 am

for those that have applied is the approval instant? if I got the "decision pending you will be notified in 10 days" that's pretty much a denial right? I tried under my wife but I'm wondering if I should just apply now again under me. but don't want two Fairmont cards
Call Reconsideration. Usually it's because Chase has already extended you enough credit, but if you have an excess $5K on your cards, you can reallocate it to the Fairmont. ($5K minimum req'd for a Visa Signature).

And why wouldn't you want another Fairmont card?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:40 am

Yeah we have two chase cards already, but under my name. I assume that they count me and her as the same?

Really only getting card for this Hawaii stay, we don't do, fairmont often. Would rather put more points toward our ba card or Starwood.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:45 am

I assume that they count me and her as the same?
No. Everyone is an individual.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:59 am

Thanks applied myself and got instant approval. I guess its time to floss my creditworthiness in her face.

Thanks for help.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Southwest
Originally Posted by ptownca
The latter. I got the certificates as soon as I was upgraded to Premier status. After the 3k spend, the two nights appeared soon after.

I just returned from Banff for a conference and it was terrific. Reminds me of returning to Oxford University or a Harry Potter movie :-)

If you are coming from the States, the exchange rate won't hurt either. I found the price of food, drinks etc, even taking away the exchange rate bonus, reasonable for this level of property. Looking forward to returning.
What type of room did you end up with using the certs at Banff? I'm set for 2 nights in July in a Jr. Suite using free night + suite upgrade certs, but wasn't sure if there would be additional upgrade options. Any other premier status perks there? Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by perdue
What type of room did you end up with using the certs at Banff? I'm set for 2 nights in July in a Jr. Suite using free night + suite upgrade certs, but wasn't sure if there would be additional upgrade options. Any other premier status perks there? Thanks!
Banff is a good property for using a suite upgrade. You can actually do better than the junior suite. Banff permits confirmed upgrades into the Jr. Suite, the Stanley Thompson Suite, or the main building 1-bedroom Suite category (the best value) with the FPC suite upgrade certificate.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: S* Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Called in to try to use the free night certs at the Savoy in September, was told the hotel wouldn't have availability till Jan 2016. Is this normal or I just happened to have an incompetent / misinformed CSR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.