Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Hello everybody,

I am thinking of getting this card. I am currently FPC Premier, but will NOT be able to keep the status as I only have 3 nights this year and no foreseeable Fairmont stays before the end of the yr.

I have a few questions:
- My stay-based Premier status will expire on Feb 28, 2015. Is this correct?

- If I get this card now and meet the spending requirement, I will receive automatic Premier membership for next year (March 2015-Feb 2016). But since at the time of CC application I am already a Premier member, will I get the Gold Floor certs/extra dining certs at the same time as my 2 night certs? Or will eligibility for Gold Floor/Extra Dining certs be determined on March 1, 2015, at which time my stay-based Premier status will have already expired.

Hope my question isn't too confusing!

Edit: Based on my reading of the T&Cs, if I signed up for the card now and met the spend requirement, my 2 night free certs AND Gold Floor Cert AND Extra dining certs will be added to my FPC account 4-6 weeks from account opening. Then, on March 1, 2015, I will get the standard Premier cert package (3rd night free, suite upgrade etc etc.). Is this correct or does anyone have firsthand experience with a similar situation?

Last edited by cdmca; Sep 18, 2014 at 6:18 pm Reason: clarification
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just got the card a month ago. 2 questions:

1. Premier status (and the upgrades/certs) that comes with the card expires Feb 28, 2015. Would the card give me another year of Premier status (and the upgrades/certs that come with that status) at that point?

2. How to redeem gift card with points?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:05 am

Another Q: are the dining certificates usable at Raffles hotels? I'm guessing no, but just want to make sure.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:27 am

My wife and I both have 2 free CC nts, and know you can't use your 2 free nts for consecutive nts at the Plaza. We are planning on using one of mine then one of hers, then mine, then hers... should work for 4 consecutive nts, right? Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by frankhi
My wife and I both have 2 free CC nts, and know you can't use your 2 free nts for consecutive nts at the Plaza. We are planning on using one of mine then one of hers, then mine, then hers... should work for 4 consecutive nts, right? Thanks
Good luck getting 4 nights open. May have to book a year in advance.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by italdesign
Another Q: are the dining certificates usable at Raffles hotels? I'm guessing no, but just want to make sure.
You are correct. They cannot currently be redeemed at Raffles or Swissôtel properties.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just got the card a month ago. 2 questions:

1. Premier status (and the upgrades/certs) that comes with the card expires Feb 28, 2015. Would the card give me another year of Premier status (and the upgrades/certs that come with that status) at that point?

2. How to redeem gift card with points?
1. Yes

2. Not sure what your question is. You can redeem points earnt from the CC for Fairmont gift cards.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by cdmca
Hello everybody,

I am thinking of getting this card. I am currently FPC Premier, but will NOT be able to keep the status as I only have 3 nights this year and no foreseeable Fairmont stays before the end of the yr.

I have a few questions:

- If I get this card now and meet the spending requirement, I will receive automatic Premier membership for next year (March 2015-Feb 2016). But since at the time of CC application I am already a Premier member, will I get the Gold Floor certs/extra dining certs at the same time as my 2 night certs? Or will eligibility for Gold Floor/Extra Dining certs be determined on March 1, 2015, at which time my stay-based Premier status will have already expired.
Hey everybody- any feedback on the above questions? Your help is much appreciated!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cdmca
Hello everybody,

I have a few questions:

Hope my question isn't too confusing!

Edit: Based on my reading of the T&Cs, if I signed up for the card now and met the spend requirement, my 2 night free certs AND Gold Floor Cert AND Extra dining certs will be added to my FPC account 4-6 weeks from account opening. Then, on March 1, 2015, I will get the standard Premier cert package (3rd night free, suite upgrade etc etc.). Is this correct or does anyone have firsthand experience with a similar situation?
I believe your understanding is correct.

If you apply now, you should get the Gold upgrade cert and additional dining certs since you already have status.

In March 2015 you'd get the regular Premier package.

Receiving the Gold upgrade cert in the future would depend on the number of stays/nights in the prior year.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I believe your understanding is correct.

If you apply now, you should get the Gold upgrade cert and additional dining certs since you already have status.

In March 2015 you'd get the regular Premier package.

Receiving the Gold upgrade cert in the future would depend on the number of stays/nights in the prior year.
Thanks Jasper2009!!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
2. Not sure what your question is. You can redeem points earnt from the CC for Fairmont gift cards.
How? Can it be done online, do I have to call Chase/Fairmont, or...? Not finding the details.

Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
How? Can it be done online, do I have to call Chase/Fairmont, or...? Not finding the details.

Thanks.
Online. Click on "show rewards," then "see rewards details" then "redeem rewards" then "choose a gift card."
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Fixed point flight redemption ending 11/15/14

Got an email today from Chase directing me to their secure message system:
Looks like the little known feature of this rewards program - fixed point flight redemption will be no more as of 11/15/14.

Dear Valued Fairmont Visa Signature® Cardmember,

We want to let you know about some upcoming changes to your rewards program.

Round trip ticket redemption booked by phone:
•You can continue to use your points for travel with no blackout dates.
•After November 15, 2014, all travel redemptions will be based on the actual cost. For example, 25,000 points will be required for a $250 ticket. You will no longer be able to redeem points for airline tickets, based on a fixed amount of points.

Charity donations:
•Points redemption for charitable donations will no longer be available after November 15, 2014.

Click here to see your latest Rewards Program Rules and Regulations.

As always, thanks for being our customer. We appreciate your business and your loyalty.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:57 pm

I had never heard of the fixed point redemption and saw the last post. I just tried to call and they didn't seem to know about it either. Basically quoted the $1 for every 100 points. Same as redeeming for gift cards. Has anyone had success with a fixed point redemption? The terms and conditions are very vague.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cme2c
I had never heard of the fixed point redemption and saw the last post. I just tried to call and they didn't seem to know about it either. Basically quoted the $1 for every 100 points. Same as redeeming for gift cards. Has anyone had success with a fixed point redemption? The terms and conditions are very vague.
Fairmont Chase points cannot be redeemed directly for free night certs, however they can be redeemed for Ovation certificates (and the number of points required is indeed fixed) - see details in the first two posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.