Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I got the card a week or so ago. I was wondering if Fairmont does status match. I have Hilton Diamond. Since my awards have not been issued yet, I wonder if some additional status would help me any? I probably should have addressed this question Before I applied for the card.
thanks,
Your status will automatically be upgraded to Premier once you receive the credit card.

Other than that FPC does generally not match status, please see the info in the master thread for more info.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
FYI- just received our e-certs today (room & suite u/g; 3rd night free and two $25 dining/willow spa) and they all expire 2/28/13. The only way I could see anyone getting one year to use these is if one received their certs on March 1st.
As cardmembers automatically receive Premier status, they receive one 3rd night free cert, one room upgrade cert, one suite upgrade cert and two $25 F&B certs. Those certs always expire at the end of February.

However, it´s my understanding that any certs you receive directly from the Chase credit card offer (i.e. the free night certs and breakfast certs) should be valid for one year from time of issue.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
I see. Well, that now makes what I've received so far add up, but I still do not see the additional 2 Gold Floor certs + $150 that PointsGuy mentions in a) the OP, b) www.fairmontcard.com, or c) the Fairmont/Chase T&Cs here. The more the merrier, I suppose! Thanks jkc22!
Well, to add a slight twist... My wife received her free night certs in the mail this week and I received mine today, however, my online account still does not show these certificates in my account. It only shows the ones I referenced up thread (3 Gold Floor certs & 8 $25 dining certs) & I have not received the actual paper certs for those. Does it matter that the free night certs do not show up in my online account?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Well, to add a slight twist... My wife received her free night certs in the mail this week and I received mine today, however, my online account still does not show these certificates in my account. It only shows the ones I referenced up thread (3 Gold Floor certs & 8 $25 dining certs) & I have not received the actual paper certs for those. Does it matter that the free night certs do not show up in my online account?

Thanks!
Yes, the number of certs available in your FPC account is what counts, so if they don´t show up in your online account within the next few weeks, I´d call/e-mail FPC.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:00 am

I recently was approved for the Fairmont Chase Card. I wasn't a Fairmont member before applying, and I'm not sure how to login to my account. I received an email with my new membership number, along with a link to activate my account online. But when I click the link, it takes me to the top page, fairmont.com.

Any ideas? Should I just email/call them?

EDIT: Ok, I found a functional activate link (here) but when I submit the form, it says "Provided information does not match the existing data." Not sure what that's about. I should have registered before hand.

Last edited by aarif1; Jul 13, 2012 at 9:08 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by aarif1
I recently was approved for the Fairmont Chase Card. I wasn't a Fairmont member before applying, and I'm not sure how to login to my account. I received an email with my new membership number, along with a link to activate my account online. But when I click the link, it takes me to the top page, fairmont.com.

Any ideas? Should I just email/call them?

EDIT: Ok, I found a functional activate link (here) but when I submit the form, it says "Provided information does not match the existing data." Not sure what that's about. I should have registered before hand.
Had the same issue and the problem was they do not have your birthdate on file. Hence you either need to email or call them to fix this.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:55 am

[QUOTE=Jasper2009;18880930]Your status will automatically be upgraded to Premier once you receive the credit card.

Do we maintain the Premier status as long as we have the chase card? If that is the case will not new upgrade and free dinning certificates appear in our online account once the old ones expire?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lov2trav

Do we maintain the Premier status as long as we have the chase card? If that is the case will not new upgrade and free dinning certificates appear in our online account once the old ones expire?
There´s no info anywhere that status will only be valid during the first year, so I´d assume that indeed status is valid as long as you have the CC and you´d also get the certs each year (as status is meaningless without the certs). However, as there´s no first-hand experience yet and some of the T&C are somewhat ambigious, I take no responsibility if FPC change their mind.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
There´s no info anywhere that status will only be valid during the first year, so I´d assume that indeed status is valid as long as you have the CC and you´d also get the certs each year (as status is meaningless without the certs). However, as there´s no first-hand experience yet and some of the T&C are somewhat ambigious, I take no responsibility if FPC change their mind.
Since the card came out in May and Fairmont status (and certificates) run from March to Feb, there will be plenty of time to cancel the card if that is indeed not the policy. After all maintaining the Premier status as long as one holds the card seems to me the main benefit of continuing to hold the card after the 1st year since the other main benefits only kick in after a spend of 12 and 15k.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:34 am

Since the card came out in May and Fairmont status (and certificates) run from March to Feb, there will be plenty of time to cancel the card if that is indeed not the policy. After all maintaining the Premier status as long as one holds the card seems to me the main benefit of continuing to hold the card after the 1st year since the other main benefits only kick in after a spend of 12 and 15k.
Fee is only $95, so I cannot see myself cancelling this card with the following benefits:

- Maintain Premier status (although not clearly published, I would guess you will keep Premier status as long as you have this card.)
- Anniversary Benefit - One complimentary night each anniversary year that the Cardmember makes $12,000 in purchases with their card.
- Stay Credit - When spending $7,500, Cardmembers will receive an additional stay credit toward their Elite membership to a maximum of two stay credits per year. This will be helpful if you are close to Plat status and need a night or two.

I will use this card for:
1) All Fairmont spend
2) Additional spend to reach $15K (One complimentary night plus two stay credits)

The points I receive from doing this could earn me a free night, but even without the points this card is a keeper.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Fee is only $95, so I cannot see myself cancelling this card with the following benefits:

- Maintain Premier status (although not clearly published, I would guess you will keep Premier status as long as you have this card.)
- Anniversary Benefit - One complimentary night each anniversary year that the Cardmember makes $12,000 in purchases with their card.
- Stay Credit - When spending $7,500, Cardmembers will receive an additional stay credit toward their Elite membership to a maximum of two stay credits per year. This will be helpful if you are close to Plat status and need a night or two.

I will use this card for:
1) All Fairmont spend
2) Additional spend to reach $15K (One complimentary night plus two stay credits)

The points I receive from doing this could earn me a free night, but even without the points this card is a keeper.
Exactly; besides the benefits that would come with being a Premier FPC member, other benefits kick in after 12 and 15 k spend.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Can anyone confirm this?
Usually the benefit of maintaining status as long as you keep the card is clearly spelled out by chase (plat w/hyatt, plat w/pc etc) but they dont mention it here...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:49 pm

Had the same issue and the problem was they do not have your birthdate on file. Hence you either need to email or call them to fix this.
Thanks, that was indeed the problem. I emailed them and filled out an online form, but didn't get any response.

I got around the problem without calling them by just putting 01/01 as my birth date.

Also, my profile still says I'm a Club member... how long until I get my Premier Status?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
So, for Lifetime Plats, keeping the card gets us a night for the $95 annual fee when we put $12k spend on the card. Instead, we can put the $12k on the Sapphire Preferred & get 12,840 (incl. 7% dividend & does not factor in the bonus categories!) which could almost turn into 3 one way trips on AA using BA miles (closest distance is 4.5K BA miles one way).

Not the greatest value equation here I am afraid, this could be short stay in my wallet
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Can anyone confirm this?
Usually the benefit of maintaining status as long as you keep the card is clearly spelled out by chase (plat w/hyatt, plat w/pc etc) but they dont mention it here...
It is indeed clearly spelled out by Chase:
Premier Status Upgrade:
Fairmont President's Club Premier membership status is valid as long as your Fairmont Visa Signature card account is open and not in default and you comply with Fairmont President's Club program rules. Authorized users will not be eligible for Premier status or associated Premier benefits. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.