Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
My wife called to tell them not to give her the Sapphire Preferred, and to get the Freedom Unlimited instead. They said they cannot process any requests until 15 August. Is anyone else getting pushback?
Was told the same thing today.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I'm in a similar position to some other posters here. My card year also ends July 31 (was that the end of the initial "charter" period?) I've already spent the requisite $12K for a free night in my card year. I don't MS, but would not be averse to doing so on August 1 if I could secure another free night (even with a relatively limited window to enjoy it). But I don't think I want to incur the cost without some assurance that I'd get it.
I also have no interest in the CSP (I have a CSR) but would like a Freedom. Looks like I will have to wait until August 15. While I'm a Chase private client and generally get good service on the banking side, I have found their CC side intransigent, to say the least.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Moretimeoffguy, my auto insurance is by Liberty Mutual, which writes 12-month policies & takes 12-month upfront payments.
Thanks Brendan. I'll definitely get a quote from them. They were at the top of my list anyhow. I think they offer a special alumnus discount for my alma mater.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:07 pm

Just applied for the CSP, so hopefully that is approved soon and I can cancel the duplicate on 8/15 and get no annual fee.

I think I am more bummed about the 3rd night free and suite upgrades. I'll miss you fairmont.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:52 pm

Secure messages to Chase

I have two secure messages in with Chase.

1. Asking about the 6K spend; e.g. for those who qualify, is it really 6K additional spend, or 3K+ spend, given the spend required for the inital sign-up bonus

2. If they'd give me the spend / sign-up bonus offer on the CSP considering the product change was not of my own asking; and also mentioning I've already had a CSP for 5+ years. If they're not offering it by default, I asked if they'd add it as a one-time courtesy challenge.

I know you can get the bonus again on a card if it's been 24 months since you last got the bonus. Don't know if that leaves the door open for getting the CSP bonus again while already having a CSP open for 3+ years.

No answers yet. I'll follow-up with whatever I get.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:32 pm

No answer to question 1 yet. Here's an answer for question 2:
"The sign up bonus offer is only available on new credit
card applications and not on accounts which are product
changed. So, if we switch your current Fairmont Visa
SignatureŽ Credit Card to the Chase Sapphire Preferred
card, you will not be eligible for the sign up bonus
offer. "
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I have two secure messages in with Chase.
1. Asking about the 6K spend; e.g. for those who qualify, is it really 6K additional spend, or 3K+ spend, given the spend required for the inital sign-up bonus

2. If they'd give me the spend / sign-up bonus offer on the CSP considering the product change was not of my own asking; and also mentioning I've already had a CSP for 5+ years. If they're not offering it by default, I asked if they'd add it as a one-time courtesy challenge.

I know you can get the bonus again on a card if it's been 24 months since you last got the bonus. Don't know if that leaves the door open for getting the CSP bonus again while already having a CSP open for 3+ years.

No answers yet. I'll follow-up with whatever I get.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Moretime, it's 6K TOTAL spend, so 3K beyond the 3K to get the welcome bonus. Just as the 12K is 9K beyond the 3K.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
offer. "
Yup, I got this same answer yesterday, too.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Moretime, it's 6K TOTAL spend, so 3K beyond the 3K to get the welcome bonus. Just as the 12K is 9K beyond the 3K.
Perfect, thanks Brendan.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Man what a hassle-- 99% of everyone will be PC-ing it to the FU/5x. What a waste of all that CSP metal cards lol
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:23 am

what is the best way of finding your anniversary date of the card?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by trubador
what is the best way of finding your anniversary date of the card?
Call the number on the back of the card.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:35 am

Here's the Secure Message answer I received to question 1:

"We would like to confirm that you will get the complimentary
night certificate if you've spent at least $6,000 on you
Fairmont card by August 14, 2017. This includes the $3,000
spend you have made on your account since the card opening
date. This will be a one-time courtesy and the certificate
will be good for six months."

This confirms what everyone's been saying. Bummer about the cert being good for only six months; I was hoping it wasn't true. Already have a Fall Fairmont trip planned, with fixed dates. Could have been handy in Spring or summer of 2018.

offer. "
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Bummer about the cert being good for only six months; I was hoping it wasn't true. Already have a Fall Fairmont trip planned, with fixed dates. Could have been handy in Spring or summer of 2018.
Spend $12,000 for a full year.

"The Fairmont Visa Signature Card Complementary Night benefit that you receive after spending $12,000 on your card in a anniversary year is not a benefit of the sapphire Preferred card. If you've spent at least $12K by Aug 14, we'll deposit a Complimentary Night certificate into your profile on Fairmont.com either six weeks after your anniversary date of 8 to 10 weeks after August 15, whichever comes first. You can redeem this certificate up to one year after the date we issue it."
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by trubador
Just applied for the CSP, so hopefully that is approved soon and I can cancel the duplicate on 8/15 and get no annual fee.

I think I am more bummed about the 3rd night free and suite upgrades. I'll miss you fairmont.
THIS! Fairmont had my loyalty with the certs that came along with the card. I can get some with Premier, but the Gold upgrade cert was the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.