Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hawaii property would you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Which Hawaii property would you recommend?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a get-away to Hawaii in late August and am considering both the Orchid and Kea Lani.

This questions has been probably asked/answered many times, but for the people who've been to both - what resort would you pick and why?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
Hi all,

I'm looking for a get-away to Hawaii in late August and am considering both the Orchid and Kea Lani.

This questions has been probably asked/answered many times, but for the people who've been to both - what resort would you pick and why?

Thanks in advance!
I've frequented both resorts for the past 8 years..

I love them both, but if I had to choose one, I would choose the Kea Lani because of its location..

imo..Wailea is the most beautiful location in all of the Hawaiian Islands.. Kea Lani nestles besides the Four Seasons, and neighbors with Grand Wailea.. These three hotels are top of the food chain in Wailea..

Plus.. Kea Lani is an all suite resort.. so a little bit more wiggle room..
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I've frequented both resorts for the past 8 years..

I love them both, but if I had to choose one, I would choose the Kea Lani because of its location..

imo..Wailea is the most beautiful location in all of the Hawaiian Islands.. Kea Lani nestles besides the Four Seasons, and neighbors with Grand Wailea.. These three hotels are top of the food chain in Wailea..

Plus.. Kea Lani is an all suite resort.. so a little bit more wiggle room..
I second this. If you have the time try both otherwise just do the Kea Lani.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:05 pm

Kea Lani no doubt.

No resort charges, free self parking. Excellent excellent location.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
parking

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Kea Lani no doubt.

No resort charges, free self parking. Excellent excellent location.
Is there a parking fee at the Orchid property? I don't recall that. Personally, I prefer the big island and love the quite nature of the Orchid location. But one can't go wrong with either
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:09 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Not sure how big it is, but I quickly read something about Kea Lani renovations from August - December this year. You may want to consider this in your planning
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Is there a parking fee at the Orchid property? I don't recall that. Personally, I prefer the big island and love the quite nature of the Orchid location. But one can't go wrong with either
There is a self parking fee of approximately $16 per night, and a valet parking option of something like $22 per night

Originally Posted by ABG
Not sure how big it is, but I quickly read something about Kea Lani renovations from August - December this year. You may want to consider this in your planning
There are some renovation rates that are superb.. and the pools are open.. I understand Ko is under construction.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:43 am

Kea Lani fact sheet says internet, but doesnt say wifi, assume it is wifi but maybe I shouldnt?

is it fast? i use my blu ray 3d sony player to connect to netflix and others and to do that i have to split the megs from laptop to the player.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by randys1
Kea Lani fact sheet says internet, but doesnt say wifi, assume it is wifi but maybe I shouldnt?

is it fast? i use my blu ray 3d sony player to connect to netflix and others and to do that i have to split the megs from laptop to the player.
There was wifi when I was there.. but understand they were changing it over to wifi because of the renos..

The year before there was no wifi..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.