Fairmont Rolls Out Learning Getaways

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Fairmont Rolls Out Learning Getaways

http://www.elitetraveler.com/news_detail.html?nid=3356

Toronto, Canada – Reported by Elite Traveler, the Private Jet Lifestyle Magazine

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts believes, per the ancient Chinese proverb, that learning is a treasure that follows its owner everywhere. An ever-growing group of people are seeking more enriching and authentic holiday experiences, ones whose value lasts long after the vacation is over. Catering to this yearn to learn, Fairmont introduces a series of Apprentice Trip packages, specially designed to impart life-long skills, at its hotels around the globe.

Package highlights include:

Heritage Takes Flight at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr in Abu Dhabi, where guests learn about traditional Bedouin beliefs while mastering the skill of Falconry. Package includes one night of luxurious accommodation, buffet breakfast, a tutorial, hands-on interaction under close supervision of the falconer, and a guided tour of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the largest mosque in the United Arab Emirates.

Canoes, Coffee and Culture at The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii allows guests to experience the heart of the Hawaiian culture with everything from lessons on the art of growing and harvesting Kona coffee to putting their fishing skills to the test with an outrigger canoe fishing adventure.

Find Your Inner Chi at Fairmont Beijing, and embark on a Tai Chi wellness adventure from training to control breathing and synchronize movements to learning more about the history and evolution of this popular Chinese art.

Great Grizzly Getaway at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise invites guests to embark on a journey of rewarding discovery and help save and develop the status of the grizzly bear. Learn about the wonders of this great animal, its habitat and how humans and nature can coexist with an extraordinary two-day guided adventure.

Walk on the Wild Side at Fairmont Zimbali Resort & Fairmont Zimbali Lodge, where you’ll learn about the birds, butterflies and Bushbucks living in over 700 hectares of lush, vegetation stretching from the coastal forest to the seaside beaches of the Indian Ocean.

El Camaleón 101 at Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya offers a little 18-hole tutelage on one of the world’s most masterful courses. After some innovative and creative training, golfers then put their newfound skills to the test with rounds on El Camaleón, a Fairmont managed course designed by Greg Norman and host of the PGA Tour’s Mayakoba Golf Classic (Mexico’s only official PGA Tour event).

Surf’s Up Montreal at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth lets travelers in on one of the city’s best-kept secrets. Hidden behind Habitat 67, three permanent waves in the St. Lawrence River give awesome thrills to all surfers, beginners and pros alike.

Couples Loving Touch Massage Workshop at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess teaches couples how to give each other a soothing massage during a private lesson with an expert massage therapist. Each spa-goer takes a turn learning the techniques of Swedish massage, while the other relaxes on the massage table. The session is customized to address each individual’s special needs and the couple receives helpful information on simple muscle anatomy and easy massage movements.

Samuel Adams Behind the Scenes Boston Brewery at Boston’s Fairmont Copley Plaza takes you on a private tour of this famed Beantown brewery followed by a private tasting of Samuel Adams Boston Lager and limited edition beers in the brewery’s barrel room.

Chef for a Day at The Fairmont Southhampton in Bermuda gives foodies the opportunity to spend an entire day with the chef of one of the property’s award-winning restaurants.

For more information, and more apprentice packages, visit www.fairmont.com/promotions/apprenticetrips.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:16 pm

Some interesting packages. I assume these would not be considered "experiences" for the $100 off coupon?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by quank
Some interesting packages. I assume these would not be considered "experiences" for the $100 off coupon?
hmmm good question. I have no clue of the answer but a few of those experiences for the price weren't too bad. I think the hotels individually thought of these and some put more thought then others since they are all over in the spectrum.
With the $100 off the boston copley samual adams pack seems like deal.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:14 am

Sounds good. I'd be interested to know if our $100 cert applies as well. I'm interested in the chef experiences, the Orchid experience, and some of the massage experiences (someday when I get a significant other!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.