Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Enjoy Elite Tier Status Early - PLEASE HELP CLARIFY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone please help clarify which certificates I should get for qualifying for elite tier status early?

Under FPC Membership Benefits, the following benefit is listed:
Enjoy elite tier status early. Qualify by September 15, 2010 and enjoy your elite membership benefits for the remainder of this and the following membership year.

Please help me figure out what certificates I may be entitled to. Here is a rundown of my situation:

-I started out the year as a PREMIER member.
-By June, I had completed 5 stays.
-By August, I had completed 10 stays.

Would I have received additional certificates for requalifying for PREMIER status in June AND receive the additional certificates for qualifying for PLATINUM in the current year, before Sept 15th?

It boils down to certificates. Should I have the following certificates?:

Premier Certificates to start the year:
-$25 Dining Certificate
-$25 Dining Certificate
-3rd Night Free
-Complimentary Room Upgrade
-Complimentary Suite Upgrade

Premier Certificates for requalifying before Sept 15th:
-$25 Dining Certificate
-$25 Dining Certificate
-3rd Night Free

Platinum Certificates for qualifying before Sept 15th:
-$25 Dining Certificate
-$25 Dining Certificate
-$25 Dining Certificate
-$25 Dining Certificate
-Complimentary Night

I would really appreciate your comments. Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You should have received two sets of certificates:

- Premier certs at the end of February (valid until Feb. 2011)
- Platinum certs for qualifying before Sept. 15 (valid until Feb. 2011)

(basically you only get extra certs to qualifying early for a higher level, but not for requalifying for the same level, the FPC website is a little misleading in this regard)

In Feb. 2011 you´ll receive another set of Platinum certs (valid until Feb. 2012)
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Yes, you won't get the 2nd set of Premiere certificates that you are talking about. Just platinum.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
FPC sent me out a second platinum set for early qualification.. I think it was a mistake as my online profile had the same number of certs.. would have been nice though!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Another question. I have used room upgrade certificates in the past but they never get updated on my online FPC profile as "redeemed".

I wonder, do they also not update other certificates as "redeemed?" Is there is a way for me to use my third night free certificate on two occasions?

I have a stay at one property from Oct 23rd to Oct 26th (already booked and I am using the third night free).
I'm planning on staying at a second property from Oct 28th to Nov 1st. I would like to use it again if possible.

How long does it take for the certificates to be updated as "redeemed" in FPC's system?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kxs250
Another question. I have used room upgrade certificates in the past but they never get updated on my online FPC profile as "redeemed".

I wonder, do they also not update other certificates as "redeemed?" Is there is a way for me to use my third night free certificate on two occasions?

I have a stay at one property from Oct 23rd to Oct 26th (already booked and I am using the third night free).
I'm planning on staying at a second property from Oct 28th to Nov 1st. I would like to use it again if possible.

How long does it take for the certificates to be updated as "redeemed" in FPC's system?
It can take a few weeks for the system to update your profile, also FPC has always kept track of which certs have been used, even before they started displaying the info in the FPC profile.

Basically you´re asking how to commit fraud and I don´t think most FTers think asking such a question is appropiate.

Once FPC notices you used the same cert twice (especially when it´s within a short period of time), there´s a good chance they´ll charge you the rack rate of one night and might possibly ban you from FPC or even staying at Fairmont properties.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
It can take a few weeks for the system to update your profile, also FPC has always kept track of which certs have been used, even before they started displaying the info in the FPC profile.

Basically you´re asking how to commit fraud and I don´t think most FTers think asking such a question is appropiate.

Once FPC notices you used the same cert twice (especially when it´s within a short period of time), there´s a good chance they´ll charge you the rack rate of one night and might possibly ban you from FPC or even staying at Fairmont properties.
Not looking to commit fraud. Just wanted to know how liberal they are with their policies. Thanks for the quick response.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kxs250
Not looking to commit fraud. Just wanted to know how liberal they are with their policies. Thanks for the quick response.
I haven´t heard of any case where the hotel doesn´t pull the free night cert (or dining certs) as it gets some form of compensation for it afaik.

On the other hand, I´ve experienced the upgrade certs not being pulled a few times, a couple of times the front desk said something like "keep your upgrade certs for another stay, we´re more than happy to give you a comp. upgrade to a repeat guest" (usually happened when occupanc< was low, and I certainly did return to use the upgrade cert! )
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Fairmont at times are liberal about the upgrades.. you can check if the upgrade cert is redeemed by logging into your fpc profile and checking "my certificates." I would agree that when it comes to free night certs, it would be nice to reuse.. but Fairmont is strict about the free nights certificates.

Having said my peace.. I did find a loophole I used a couple of years ago.. and was upfront with the hotel.. Sometimes the reservation rate printout showed a lower rate on a reservation I booked using a free night cert. So instead of free, the rate was $49 (note: this is what a hotel receives as compensation from Fairmont central reservations).. as a result I was able to pay the lower rate, and keep my certificate.. with permission from the hotel, because of the error. A couple of times this happened to me.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: meh
I never had status with Fairmont prior to early qualification for Premier in March of this year. Shortly after achieving that, I received the package with certs etc in the mail. Since hitting that level I've only had a couple of stays for about 5-6 more nights towards status and certainly haven't hit Platinum yet (6 stays or 16 nights required according to website). The odd thing is that just a couple of weeks ago I received another complete Premier package in the mail.

So I guess I have two questions. First, is there any clear reason as to why I would get another package? And second, what about the certificates included in it? They don't (yet?) show up in the "My Certificates" section of the website, so will I be able to use them as normal?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by igloocoder
So I guess I have two questions. First, is there any clear reason as to why I would get another package?
I can´t think of any reason why you should receive two sets of certs. My best guess is the IT system recorded the certs being sent in the "2009-March 2010" period, and now sent you another package when realizing you didn´t receive a package in the "2010-March 2011" period for qualifying early. (It probably doesn´t happen often that somebofy qualifies early in March)

Originally Posted by igloocoder
So I guess I have two questions. First, is there any clear reason as to why I would get another package? And second, what about the certificates included in it? They don't (yet?) show up in the "My Certificates" section of the website, so will I be able to use them as normal?
Unfortunately, unless the certs show up in your FPC profile, you´ll be unable to use them, as FPC/the hotel checks whether any certs are available in your profile.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:21 am
Suspended

Per above, I received a kit as well out of the blue.. and my profile isn't updated with the additional certs. Hotels don't go manual anymore, but track everything electronically. I guess you could call for an exception for the error.. they'll deal with each FPC member on a case by case basis.. I personally haven't tried yet.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
FPC sent me out a second platinum set for early qualification.. I think it was a mistake as my online profile had the same number of certs.. would have been nice though!
same thing here. i was very confused. I am Platinum member. last July I re-qualified for Platinum (2011). 2 weeks ago i got a second Platinum set. no additional certificates are showing on my online profile. i was going to give FPC a call but got busy. i think this thread explains it. its probably an error. thanks OP for asking this question.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Gee.. seems like Fairmont is accross the board giving these kits up for early qualification.. I'm going to contact my concierge and ask her about this.. who knows, maybe I'll get an exception and get a whole bunch of extra certs to use.

btw.. if we get more certs, Fairmont will be creating more business from us.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I just called and got early Platinum (my ninth stay was before Sep 15, my 10th was a few days afterwards). Looking online, it appears that the certificates will expire Feb 28 2011. Is this in fact the case?

I called to get my certificates early because there are some stays in March/April where I wanted to have the certificates in advance, because the hotels might fill up. But if the certs expire Feb 28, then early Platinum doesn't really help with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.