Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Is Dec 31 a qualifying night for 2010 or 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe

This might be paranoia setting in, but I'm literally 1 stay away from Platinum status.

I'll be back (for my 8th time) to the Pacific Rim on Dec 31 to Jan 1.
Does the "stay" count for 2010 or 2011?

Thanks for all the help this year!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
This might be paranoia setting in, but I'm literally 1 stay away from Platinum status.

I'll be back (for my 8th time) to the Pacific Rim on Dec 31 to Jan 1.
Does the "stay" count for 2010 or 2011?

Thanks for all the help this year!
Over the years, I've straddled stays over New Years, and the answer is arguably either. Will qualify for 2010 or 2011, you can make an argument for either.

Officially, it would be 2010 because it is the date you check in, that is posted to the FPC account, but I've phone in before and had the stay qualify for the following year.^
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Thanks again Maestro,

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks again Maestro,

Happy New Year!
All the best.. and enjoy your new platinum status.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Just an update here.

I saw that my Dec 31 night, depart Jan 1 actually applied to 2011 status on-line.

After a brief call they switched it back to 2010, but "officially the system recognizes it on the date of departure".
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Just an update here.

I saw that my Dec 31 night, depart Jan 1 actually applied to 2011 status on-line.

After a brief call they switched it back to 2010, but "officially the system recognizes it on the date of departure".
Thanks for the clarification. The neat thing about the New Year stay, is that FPC will recognize either. An argument can be made for next year's qualification, after you qualified this year too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.