Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The free night certs have only ever been valid for the Fairmont room category (with the exception of a very few properties that have a different name for their entry-level room/suite such as the Fairmont Zimbali Resort, Fairmont Kea Lani etc.)

You can however combine a free night cert with a room or suite upgrade cert. Are you sure that isn't what you've done in the past?
I've done both in the past. Sometimes, only a deluxe room is available for booking and I've been able to use the comp night cert. I must've been lucky.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
None of the FHR benefits apply when using a free night cert, so there's no point booking a one-night stay via FHR if you intend to apply a free night cert.

That's a more complicated question, and there's probably no 100% clear answer.

Generally speaking:

- you cannot combine a free night cert or a 3rd night free cert with a 3rd night free rate
So not possible to combine 3rd free night certificate with 2 free night certificates we have? Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jediwho
So not possible to combine 3rd free night certificate with 2 free night certificates we have? Thanks!
You can't use free night certs to "pay" for the 1st and 2nd night when using a 3rd night free cert, but you could use all three certs during a five night stay.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:36 am

You can't use free night certs to "pay" for the 1st and 2nd night when using a 3rd night free cert, but you could use all three certs during a five night stay.
Pretty sure you can pay for the first two nights and use the 3rd night free cert, then the 4th night with a totally free room night (or nights) (like the VISA card free night cert, if you have one). You have to be able to book the "fairmont" rooms though.

At any rate, just call and get someone else at the desk. I have a feeling you may get a different story from different people.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
So....I was Premier for 2 years and last year should not have qualified. I only had four nights. However, when I check online my status still shows Premier. I don't have any certificates applied to my account, but I've logged out and in and it still shows Premier. Is this a glitch?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by gold23
So....I was Premier for 2 years and last year should not have qualified. I only had four nights. However, when I check online my status still shows Premier. I don't have any certificates applied to my account, but I've logged out and in and it still shows Premier. Is this a glitch?
did u ever have the chase fairmont CC? and ur saying ur still premier online but did not get the certs in march for premier?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
did u ever have the chase fairmont CC? and ur saying ur still premier online but did not get the certs in march for premier?
Never had the card. Yes, I'm shopwing premier online, but no certs were added. I have four future reservations totalling about 15 nights this year, though not certain that is relevant at all to why I retained online status. Guessing it may just be a glitch.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by gold23
Never had the card. Yes, I'm shopwing premier online, but no certs were added. I have four future reservations totalling about 15 nights this year, though not certain that is relevant at all to why I retained online status. Guessing it may just be a glitch.
sorry for the late response. yea, its just a glitch but it doesnt even matter because FPC is all about the certs anyway. so glitch or not, status is useless. when accor comes in, its gonna be a shitshow. its not like other hotel chains where status alone gets you good benefits. sometimes you do get some nice service from various properties and comps but money talks at fairmont. not status or points. and if you really are doing 15+ nights this year, try to do at least 5 or 10 stays before july 1st. u get another set of certs. they are the last certs that anyone will ever get. RIP. if it makes sense, try to move some stays.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Mar 26, 2018 at 5:36 am
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by coleworld
New certificates arrived! Plus the Platinum Benefit bonus options... don't forget to choose your extra perks...

I went with the Authentic Local Dining Experience for 2 and the $100 Spa/Dining Credit.

Was able to extend my free night from last year and book with this years for 2 free nights in Maui this month
Same two I chose.

Also had my otherwise expiring certificates (free night, suite upgrades, and a few dining) extended to the end of March to allow for a five night stay at the Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali and another stay, second since January, in Singapore. Man, I love Fairmont...
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Can anyone tell me if certificates can be used on bookings made via OTA?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Can anyone tell me if certificates can be used on bookings made via OTA?
This used to be possible, but OTA bookings have been specifically excluded for the last year or so.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
sorry for the late response. yea, its just a glitch but it doesnt even matter because FPC is all about the certs anyway. so glitch or not, status is useless. when accor comes in, its gonna be a shitshow. its not like other hotel chains where status alone gets you good benefits. sometimes you do get some nice service from various properties and comps but money talks at fairmont. not status or points. and if you really are doing 15+ nights this year, try to do at least 5 or 10 stays before july 1st. u get another set of certs. they are the last certs that anyone will ever get. RIP. if it makes sense, try to move some stays.
Thanks. Unfortunately, several of the stays are business related and cannot be moved. The others are quick weekend getaways...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:37 pm

I'm not sure if this is do-able. Hoping for some insight from you guys. I want to book via Virtuoso for the breakfast benefit and also apply my 3rd night free certificate. Do I book the 3 nights through Virtuoso first and then call Fairmont to apply the 3rd night free certificate? I'm not sure how that would work. I'm guessing this is how you do it since this is not a prepaid reservation and I pay during checkout? I would also like to apply my suite upgrade or upgrade certificate as well. I believe the certificates gets applied when you checkin/checkout? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I'm not sure if this is do-able. Hoping for some insight from you guys. I want to book via Virtuoso for the breakfast benefit and also apply my 3rd night free certificate. Do I book the 3 nights through Virtuoso first and then call Fairmont to apply the 3rd night free certificate? I'm not sure how that would work. I'm guessing this is how you do it since this is not a prepaid reservation and I pay during checkout? I would also like to apply my suite upgrade or upgrade certificate as well. I believe the certificates gets applied when you checkin/checkout? Thanks in advance.
Yes, you'd book a three-night stay via Virtuoso (or AMEX FHR or Travel Leaders Group or any similar program) and then call FPC to apply the 3rd night free cert and suite upgrade cert.

The upgrade is confirmed at time of booking, but is only deducted at time of check-in.

One note: When applying a free night cert / 3rd night free cert towards a Virtuoso / AMEX FHR / Travel Leaders Select booking, you're technically not entitle dto any benefits on that night (i.e. no free breakfast on the 3rd night, though some hotels still provide it as a courtesy)
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:54 pm

As always, thanks so much for your quick response Jasper! Good to know about the 3rd night thing with not being able to get breakfast. Makes total sense. Time to think about which property to use the certificates at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.