Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
A most interesting development! Sadly I have not yet received such an email.
I assumed everyone got this email. Hummm. I stayed at the Fairmont in Barbados last year, and an Accor hotel in Italy last summer. Wasn't expecting another round of certificates, so pleased to be getting those. Wonder if I can stay at the Plaza in NY? :-)

Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:44 pm

hey guys. wondering about AMEX FHR. its not discussed about how to combine FHR with all the certs and max out. so not just applying upgrades. im talking about free nights as well.

for example, book 1 night with FHR then call FPC to use my free night on the FHR reservation and apply suite upgrade for that one night. meaning I will have FHR benefits and its all for free in a suite. is that possible?

i may want to get even more crazy with FHR 3rd night free offer with citi prestige 4th night and applying FPC 3rd cert + applying all the suit upgrades by booking a massive stay of 6+ nights. wondering how to chain all of that together. key is using all the free nights and upgrade certs on one stay.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
hey guys. wondering about AMEX FHR. its not discussed about how to combine FHR with all the certs and max out. so not just applying upgrades. im talking about free nights as well.

for example, book 1 night with FHR then call FPC to use my free night on the FHR reservation and apply suite upgrade for that one night. meaning I will have FHR benefits and its all for free in a suite. is that possible?
None of the FHR benefits apply when using a free night cert, so there's no point booking a one-night stay via FHR if you intend to apply a free night cert.

i may want to get even more crazy with FHR 3rd night free offer with citi prestige 4th night and applying FPC 3rd cert + applying all the suit upgrades by booking a massive stay of 6+ nights. wondering how to chain all of that together. key is using all the free nights and upgrade certs on one stay.
That's a more complicated question, and there's probably no 100% clear answer.

Generally speaking:

- you cannot combine a free night cert or a 3rd night free cert with a 3rd night free rate
- there is some debate whether you can combine a 3rd night free cert with the Citi 4th night free benefit
- any extra amenities (via AMEX FHR etc.) do not apply on the night for which you apply a free night or 3rd night free cert, though some hotels may still offer the free breakfast, espeically during longer stays (e.g. five night stay, apply free night cert towards the last night)
- you cannot book the AMEX FHR rate via Citi travel concierge (for obvious reasons)

The best you could probably do is a 7 night stay booked via AMEX FHR / Virtuoso / Travel Leaders Select:

night 1: paid
night 2: paid
night 3: free via 3rd night free promo
night 4: free
night 5: free
night 6: free via 3rd night free promo
night 7: free via 3rd night free FPC cert
GundamWing01 likes this.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Feb 27, 2018 at 7:58 pm
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
None of the FHR benefits apply when using a free night cert, so there's no point booking a one-night stay via FHR if you intend to apply a free night cert.

- any extra amenities (via AMEX FHR etc.) do not apply on the night for which you apply a free night or 3rd night free cert, though some hotels may still offer the free breakfast, espeically during longer stays (e.g. five night stay, apply free night cert towards the last night)
holy crap. u da man Jasper. appreciate the ultra fast response here. u need to set up a tip jar! u help so damn much around here!

thank you for answering my questions. given FPC is going away, i wanted to do some massive alchemy with the certs i have exp 2/28/18 + a new set on 3/1 + the special email offer of staying 2 times for another set of certs. things can get way crazy. I see why chaining everything together will be complicated. gonna have to chain multiple separate reservations together for the best possible chances. i guess its YMMV at that point.

so when using FHR, it sounds like its best to "trick" the system by booking something like 2 nights FHR then using free night cert on one of them but the entire stay has FHR benefits since at least one night is paid?

thank you jasper!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

so when using FHR, it sounds like its best to "trick" the system by booking something like 2 nights FHR then using free night cert on one of them but the entire stay has FHR benefits since at least one night is paid?

thank you jasper!
No. You generally apply a free night cert towards an existing reservation.

Applying a 3rd night free cert towards the 3rd night makes no sense if FHR is also running a 3rd night free promo. If you want to use a 3rd night free cert, booking a 4 or 7 night stay makes the most sense (see above).

Regardless of how you set up the booking, you are technically never entitled to any benefits on the night for which you're using the free night cert since the free night cert officially only covers accommodation. E.g. book 2 nights via FHR and apply a free night cert towards the 2nd night means the hotel is not required to provide any benefits (i.e. breakfast) on the 2nd night).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
No. You generally apply a free night cert towards an existing reservation.

Applying a 3rd night free cert towards the 3rd night makes no sense if FHR is also running a 3rd night free promo. If you want to use a 3rd night free cert, booking a 4 or 7 night stay makes the most sense (see above).

Regardless of how you set up the booking, you are technically never entitled to any benefits on the night for which you're using the free night cert since the free night cert officially only covers accommodation. E.g. book 2 nights via FHR and apply a free night cert towards the 2nd night means the hotel is not required to provide any benefits (i.e. breakfast) on the 2nd night).
appreciate the response jasper. thank you so much for the clarification!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Does someone have a comprehensive list of the Fairmont hotels where using a suite upgrade certificate automatically gives lounge access? I know it's the case in Singapore, but where else?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
New certificates arrived! Plus the Platinum Benefit bonus options... don't forget to choose your extra perks...

I went with the Authentic Local Dining Experience for 2 and the $100 Spa/Dining Credit.

Was able to extend my free night from last year and book with this years for 2 free nights in Maui this month
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
Does someone have a comprehensive list of the Fairmont hotels where using a suite upgrade certificate automatically gives lounge access? I know it's the case in Singapore, but where else?
I didn't know that was the case anywhere?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape4
The Fairmont Singapore is very much an anomaly in this regard.

Guests staying in suites definitely don't get lounge access at any of the Fairmont properties. I seem to vaguely recall one property in the Middle East (or possibly Asia) extending lounge access to all suite guests, but don't quote me on this one...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:42 pm

Someone recently stayed and used a suite upgrade at Fairmont Istanbul - he received lounge access.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...ul-turkey.html
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:15 am
R2

Faimont Makati in Manila - which as per the T&Cs does not accept the use of suite upgrade vouchers - includes lounge access for all paid or upgraded suite stays. I have always managed to use my suite upgrades at this property although most of the time they only confirm it at check-in.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by R2
Faimont Makati in Manila - which as per the T&Cs does not accept the use of suite upgrade vouchers - includes lounge access for all paid or upgraded suite stays. I have always managed to use my suite upgrades at this property although most of the time they only confirm it at check-in.
+1. Wonderful property. Has become one of my favourites in the chain.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Changes to Complimentary Night Certificates?

I just spoke to a Fairmont agent. Comp night certs can only be used with a Fairmont Standard Guest Room. The agent claims that this has always been the policy, but in the past, I've never had problems using the comp night cert for Deluxe Rooms and Suites. Is this a new "enhancement" for 2018?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrampedInY
I just spoke to a Fairmont agent. Comp night certs can only be used with a Fairmont Standard Guest Room. The agent claims that this has always been the policy, but in the past, I've never had problems using the comp night cert for Deluxe Rooms and Suites. Is this a new "enhancement" for 2018?
The free night certs have only ever been valid for the Fairmont room category (with the exception of a very few properties that have a different name for their entry-level room/suite such as the Fairmont Zimbali Resort, Fairmont Kea Lani etc.)

You can however combine a free night cert with a room or suite upgrade cert. Are you sure that isn't what you've done in the past?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.