Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:58 pm

If I need 5 more nights to reach Premier and I have an upcoming stay for 7 nights, will I be Premier in the middle of my stay?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chuckywang
If I need 5 more nights to reach Premier and I have an upcoming stay for 7 nights, will I be Premier in the middle of my stay?
No. It takes several weeks for your status to be updated.

Also, since you've missed the deadline for early qualification, you probably won't get Premier status before March 1.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Quick question - I know that rooms booked through AMEX FHR, Virtuoso or Travel Leaders Select are considered qualifying rates. I'm assuming that booking through Visa Signature Collection is also considered a qualifying rate?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Quick question - I know that rooms booked through AMEX FHR, Virtuoso or Travel Leaders Select are considered qualifying rates. I'm assuming that booking through Visa Signature Collection is also considered a qualifying rate?
While I have no 1st hand experience with that rate, I'd expect the answer to be 'yes' (as long as the rate is similar to the "Daily rate" and includes various amenities and isn't a discounted promotional rate).
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question daily digital newspapers only & upcharge query

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

The most valuable benefits of FPC membership are:
- complimentary internet access
- complimentary local calls and no service charge for toll-free calls
- complimentary health club access (excluding spa)
- complimentary daily delivery of either local or national newspaper[/URL].
The concierge at the re-opened QE has advised me they no longer provide any newspapers - only Press Reader services:

Unfortunately, we no longer carry newspapers here at the hotel as we are going paperless and now use the Pressreader app. This being said, we can also send a bellman to get copies for you and have them charged to your room. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth!

Josée Tina Roy
Concierge

Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
900, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
Montréal, Québec
Canada H3B 4A5
T + 1 514 954 2288
[email protected]
fairmont.com

Am I the only FT who finds this to be a dimunition of Plat services?

Are there any other changes since this was 1st posted 2010?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The concierge at the re-opened QE has advised me they no longer provide any newspapers - only Press Reader services:

Unfortunately, we no longer carry newspapers here at the hotel as we are going paperless and now use the Pressreader app. This being said, we can also send a bellman to get copies for you and have them charged to your room. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth!

Josée Tina Roy
Concierge

Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
900, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
Montréal, Québec
Canada H3B 4A5
T + 1 514 954 2288
[email protected]
fairmont.com

Am I the only FT who finds this to be a dimunition of Plat services?

Are there any other changes since this was 1st posted 2010?
Well, technically you're still getting your newspaper.

I'm not aware of any changes (and have been updating the FAQ on a regular basis).

I've seen the newspaper thing too, although it's very much property-specific.

But I tend to agree with you - there are certainly instances where I much prefer a proper newspaper (e.g. when on vacation and reading the newspaper on the balcony/patio)
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question change explained

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'm not aware of any changes (and have been updating the FAQ on a regular basis).

I've seen the newspaper thing too, although it's very much property-specific.
The "change" is pretty clear, IMO. In 2010, when the FAQ was started, it made ref. to a choice of a daily newspaper. The current version (accessed via the hyperlink) refers to a newspaper or the digital equivalent.

I have no issue with Press Reader as an enhancement. What I take issue with, Jasper2009, is the fact that the papers have been replaced or superseded by Press Reader.

I think this is a change? In other FT threads, FTs take issue with a change in the selection of new newspapers in the club lounge. My question (unanswered) is whether or not h there have been any other changes in Plat benefits since 2010?

I also feel it is incumbent on you not to let other FTs answer the question - based on their actual experience?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The "change" is pretty clear, IMO. In 2010, when the FAQ was started, it made ref. to a choice of a daily newspaper. The current version (accessed via the hyperlink) refers to a newspaper or the digital equivalent.

I have no issue with Press Reader as an enhancement. What I take issue with, Jasper2009, is the fact that the papers have been replaced or superseded by Press Reader.

I think this is a change? In other FT threads, FTs take issue with a change in the selection of new newspapers in the club lounge. My question (unanswered) is whether or not h there have been any other changes in Plat benefits since 2010?

I also feel it is incumbent on you not to let other FTs answer the question - based on their actual experience?
Hm, not sure where I suggested that FTer's shouldn't comment - anyone is welcome to share their experience.

Btw, while I created the FAQ in 2010, I update it regularly and you'll see a "last edited on Feb. 2, 2017" at the bottom of the first few posts. There have certainly been several changes during the last seven years and I believe the FAQ is up to date otherwise. But if you see any discrepancies, obviously please report them.

I'll add a "some properties have eliminated paper newspapers and only offer the Press Reader app" comment in case anyone finds this useful.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:34 pm

I was at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion in Barbados last May; they printed the news on a few sheets of paper (stapled) and put it in your inbox on the outside of the door. Which was really nice, since who wants to take a phone to the restaurant? Really liked that.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
The change to electronic news does seem to be property-specific. I never paid much attention, since I actively try to stay as far away from news as I can when I'm on vacation, but I do recall receiving a card with my room keys recently with instructions on how to download the e-news.

I wonder if it's part of their sustainability initiatives to reduce as much waste as possible. The hotels are always bragging about such accomplishments every time I turn on the TV in the room, and maybe they viewed stacks of newspaper as a big opportunity to reduce some waste.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:08 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Just got off the phone with the Plat line, the updated list of properties where you cannot use the suite upgrade are:

1. Savoy
2. Plaza
3. Fairmont Tremblant
4. Fairmont Barbados
5. Fairmont Masai Mara
6. Fairmont Baku

#6 being the one I was trying to use it on... :
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:42 pm
R2

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Just got off the phone with the Plat line, the updated list of properties where you cannot use the suite upgrade are:

1. Savoy
2. Plaza
3. Fairmont Tremblant
4. Fairmont Barbados
5. Fairmont Masai Mara
6. Fairmont Baku

Is this the complete list? If so Fairmont Makati has been removed, which is great news as I always use my certs there. I've had a good success rate using them there even if they would never confirm the suite upgrade in advance, only on check-in.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BA Humbug

1. Savoy
2. Plaza
3. Fairmont Tremblant
4. Fairmont Barbados
5. Fairmont Masai Mara
6. Fairmont Baku

Not sure how complete this list is... The Fairmont Vancouver Airport doesn’t accept suite upgrade certificates - they only have two speciality suites which aren’t eligible for certificate use.

Ive read scattered reports where guests have been able to redeem a suite upgrade for a signature room, which is just their top level guest room, and a waste of a certificate IMO.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:29 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by R2
Is this the complete list? If so Fairmont Makati has been removed, which is great news as I always use my certs there. I've had a good success rate using them there even if they would never confirm the suite upgrade in advance, only on check-in.
The Makati was not on the list they gave me, however I have had the same experience as you -- you only find out when you check in.

Originally Posted by SOWK

Not sure how complete this list is... The Fairmont Vancouver Airport doesn’t accept suite upgrade certificates - they only have two speciality suites which aren’t eligible for certificate use.

Ive read scattered reports where guests have been able to redeem a suite upgrade for a signature room, which is just their top level guest room, and a waste of a certificate IMO.
Yes she did mention the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, I did forget about that one. Apologies.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Will i get a stay credit for a stay in Swissotel, i am a Club FPC member?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.