Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Well, I did a credit stay claim.
Finally they credited me not one but the two nights
This one BSH stay, I requested like 8 times, and did not post.. Finally posted when I talked to my personal concierge.. It took hime like a half an hour.

There is another stay at BSH that did not register this year.. I wonder how many requests its going to take this time.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]Is there any way to get Premier/Platinum status for free or is there a fast track to Premier/Platinum status?

Yes, FPC Platinum status is awarded to Canadian AMEX Centurion cardholders.
Canadian AMEX Platinum cardholders have been awarded with Platinum status after completing 5 nights. (Please note that benefits associated with a particular credit card can change.)

Fairmont has also offered occasional fast track promos. Please see the master promo thread for any current offers.
Also "free" with AmEx Centurian
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Also "free" with AmEx Centurian
In the US, I believe Centurion is the only way to get Fast Track FPC Platinum with Amex. In Canada, its available with Amex Platinum and Centurion IIRC.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by atreusgod
I found the link on the following website: http://goo.gl/Boe7A
After you choose the property to book/view the offer, you will be asked to enter the first 6 digits of your HSBC Premier Mastercard. Seems to work for my Indonesian-based card. I haven't taken advantage of this myself though.
Direct link for HSBC Premier expedited premier status: http://www.fairmont.com/Promotions/H...lpromotion.htm

Looks like you have to pay with the hsbc premier card to be eligible.

ialto

Last edited by IaLTO; Apr 6, 2012 at 7:28 am
Old May 2, 2012, 3:33 pm

YES, Fairmont Platinum (early status for 2012), with 5 PLAT5 nights (in 2 stays, 5 room nights in total). My Plat. kit is on the way

Question - How do I redeem FREE night certificate? do I call hotel in also? similar to upgrade certificates?
Old May 2, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jerryhung
YES, Fairmont Platinum (early status for 2012), with 5 PLAT5 nights (in 2 stays, 5 room nights in total). My Plat. kit is on the way

Question - How do I redeem FREE night certificate? do I call hotel in also? similar to upgrade certificates?
Same procedure as redeeming upgrade certs. Easiest way is to call FPC. You can also contact the hotel instead, but calling FPC is the easiest option IMO.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:58 pm

Same procedure as redeeming upgrade certs. Easiest way is to call FPC. You can also contact the hotel instead, but calling FPC is the easiest option IMO.
Thanks Jasper

so to clarify, I should call FPC first and make reservation over the phone then? I suppose FPC will let me know if it's NOT usable for certain hotel/night (like Savoy or Park Plaza, ha, managed by Fairmont only)

or book online first and then redeem later?

I don't have any solid plan to get the best value of it yet (especially in North America, I don't think it's that worthy), maybe Fairmont Singapore in September
Old May 3, 2012, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Thanks Jasper

so to clarify, I should call FPC first and make reservation over the phone then? I suppose FPC will let me know if it's NOT usable for certain hotel/night (like Savoy or Park Plaza, ha, managed by Fairmont only)

or book online first and then redeem later?

I don't have any solid plan to get the best value of it yet (especially in North America, I don't think it's that worthy), maybe Fairmont Singapore in September
It doesn´t really matter. If you plan to redeem the cert at the Savoy or the Plaza I´d recommend calling FPC first to see whether you can use your free night cert due to the capacity controls imposed.

If you plan to redeem your cert at any other Fairmont you can just as well make res online and call FPC anytime later as long as you make sure (1) youé booked the Fairmont room category and (2) your dates isn´t listed on the Limited Access page on the Fairmont website (in which case you can use the free night cert)

Regarding best value: It really depends on when you´re planning to travel etc. During peak season it´s not uncommon to see >$500/night rates at the Kea Lani / Fairmont Barbados / Pacific Rim / Banff Springs / Lake Louise or even the Fairmont San Francisco at times.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Noticed the BWM vehicle benefit relisted in my FPC packet:

"Complimentary access to BMW vehicles at select hotels and resorts"

I know this was removed for a year or two, but I guess it's back. It's also listed on the benefits page again. Benefits
Old May 15, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Room and Suite Upgrade Certificates and Free Night Certificates

Are certificates transferable?

Premier certificates are non-transferable.
Platinum certificates are transferable to immediate family, i.e. spouse, parents, (adult) children and siblings.
Ok about that point. I look at rear of Platinum certs, but no mention of transfer.

Let's say me and a sibling (same surname) wish to book two rooms in same hotel. Would both rooms be booked, paid for, and upgraded under my name? Or would I call and apply my cert to his booking and present certs at time of check in (both together)?
Old May 15, 2012, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tangoer
Ok about that point. I look at rear of Platinum certs, but no mention of transfer.

Let's say me and a sibling (same surname) wish to book two rooms in same hotel. Would both rooms be booked, paid for, and upgraded under my name? Or would I call and apply my cert to his booking and present certs at time of check in (both together)?
You can find the info regarding transferability here (right hand side under room/suite upgrade certs).

Both options you mention work:

option #1: you can book both rooms under your name, but you´ll only get stay credit for the room you´re staying in (at least according to the T&C)

option #2: have your brother make the res, call FPC and have the upgrade cert applied

I usually choose option #1 and have my family member provide his FPC number at check-in, so both of us get a night credit.
Old May 16, 2012, 3:38 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Room and Suite Upgrade Certificates and Free Night Certificates

Are certificates transferable?

Premier certificates are non-transferable.
Platinum certificates are transferable to immediate family, i.e. spouse, parents, (adult) children and siblings.
Does "spouse" include (unregistered) same-sex domestic partner?
Old May 16, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Does "spouse" include (unregistered) same-sex domestic partner?
If your domestic partner changes every other week, the answer probably is no. If you transfer certs to the same person and have the same address on file, I doubt you´ll have any issues (The FPC T&C specifically include "common-law partners", so it seems they use a broad definition of spouse). But it´s one of the few topics I have absolutely no experience with.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:48 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
If your domestic partner changes every other week, the answer probably is no. If you transfer certs to the same person and have the same address on file, I doubt you´ll have any issues (The FPC T&C specifically include "common-law partners", so it seems they use a broad definition of spouse). But it´s one of the few topics I have absolutely no experience with.
I'm wasn't suggesting gaming the system, although I worry about people doing exactly as you describe and ruining other's legitimate benefits. My DP has been the same for 10+ years, and we share the same address.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:59 pm

Requalifying with PLAT5 promo?

I'm currently plat member due to the Plat5 promo. I'm wondering if the requalification process is the same. Stay 5 nights and my status would remain the same next year? Do I need to call them again after 5 nights?

Anyone who's been Plat for multiple years through Plat5, can you please comment on your process?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.