Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by choptliva
This just kills me.
I am AmexPlt in the US and HSBC Premier in Canada. A double loser, that's what I am!
How does that work.. so you're a dual citizen or something?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
How does that work.. so you're a dual citizen or something?
Cdn but working in the US.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: CX MPC, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards
Link to HSBC Premier offer

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Interesting. Do you happen to have a link with the exact details so I can add it to the master FAQ?
I found the link on the following website: http://goo.gl/Boe7A
After you choose the property to book/view the offer, you will be asked to enter the first 6 digits of your HSBC Premier Mastercard. Seems to work for my Indonesian-based card. I haven't taken advantage of this myself though.

Last edited by atreusgod; Feb 12, 2012 at 9:48 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Cdn but working in the US.
You could get the Amex Plat Cdn, but then you're paying foreign exchange fees.. so I see your dillemma where its better to have the US Amex Plat..

Your situation is truly an inbetween.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You could get the Amex Plat Cdn, but then you're paying foreign exchange fees.. so I see your dillemma where its better to have the US Amex Plat..

Your situation is truly an inbetween.
Such is life, hah hah.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by atreusgod
I found the link on the following website: http://goo.gl/Boe7A
After you choose the property to book/view the offer, you will be asked to enter the first 6 digits of your HSBC Premier Mastercard. Seems to work for my Indonesian-based card. I haven't taken advantage of this myself though.
Thanks for posting. Was not on flyertalk for a few days.

Came back from Fairmont Tremblant. not bad but meh. However considering price and convenience would stay again. Much better than the Westin -- which I would not recommend.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Such is life, hah hah.
The US Amex Plat has no foreign exchange fees.. thats typically the annual fee in savings right there..

I wish that Cdn Amex had this feature.. 2.5% foreign transaction fee is alot to swallow..
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Qualified stays when using free night certificate

I stayed at Le Montreux Palace last week for 2 nights and used a free night certificate and paid for the other night.
Now the stay does appear on my profile but it is listed as "non qualified" even if I paid for a night.
Does it happen frequently ? Should that be corrected ?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I stayed at Le Montreux Palace last week for 2 nights and used a free night certificate and paid for the other night.
Now the stay does appear on my profile but it is listed as "non qualified" even if I paid for a night.
Does it happen frequently ? Should that be corrected ?
When using a free night cert, you don´t get stay credit for that night, but you should have definitely received stay credit for the other night.

Your stay history should display one of the following:

(a) Montreux - 1 night - qualifying
Montreux - 1 night - non-qualifying

or (b) Montreux - 1 night - qualifying

More often than not just the qualifying night appears in my account with the adjusted number of nights.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:23 am

When using a free night cert, you don´t get stay credit for that night, but you should have definitely received stay credit for the other night.

Your stay history should display one of the following:

(a) Montreux - 1 night - qualifying
Montreux - 1 night - non-qualifying

or (b) Montreux - 1 night - qualifying

More often than not just the qualifying night appears in my account with the adjusted number of nights.
Thanks ! I will claim my paid night.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Hmm, this hasn't been my experience. Only been at this free night certificate thing for the last three years and each free night has shown up as qualifying on my profile.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Hmm, this hasn't been my experience. Only been at this free night certificate thing for the last three years and each free night has shown up as qualifying on my profile.
With the crappy IT system everything´s possible and I know of several folks who have had the same experience as you, but the official policy is that those nights are non-qualifying. Or to put it differently: Consider yourself lucky if the night posts, but don´t complain if it doesn´t.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
With the crappy IT system everything´s possible and I know of several folks who have had the same experience as you, but the official policy is that those nights are non-qualifying. Or to put it differently: Consider yourself lucky if the night posts, but don´t complain if it doesn´t.
Don't get me wrong. I was surprised to see that they were "qualifying" but at the end of the day it doesn't (didn't) make any difference to me one way or the other.

You make a good point, though, on the crappy IT. It seems pretty clear that the feedback that they solicit on the website experience goes absolutely nowhere given that their website has been pure unadulterated crap for quite a long time.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Don't get me wrong. I was surprised to see that they were "qualifying" but at the end of the day it doesn't (didn't) make any difference to me one way or the other.

You make a good point, though, on the crappy IT. It seems pretty clear that the feedback that they solicit on the website experience goes absolutely nowhere given that their website has been pure unadulterated crap for quite a long time.
I've always receive credit for my free nights.. Nowadays it doesn't matter because I qualify for Plat via Amex Platinum. If qualifying by stays for Plat, then the free night should be moot.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:36 pm

Well, I did a credit stay claim.
Finally they credited me not one but the two nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.