Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flo_147
Just wondering if its possible to redeem any sort of fairmont certificates (free night, suite upgrade, etc.) at raffles properties as well? Any experiences ?
Unfortunately thatīs not possible. Raffles has their own loyalty program (though with fewer benefits than FPC), and only a very limit number of benefits (such as free local calls, comp. newspaper) apply at Swissotel/Raffles hotels.

The only exception being the points you earn from the Fairmont Chase CC which can redeemed for "ovation certs" which are valid at Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles properties.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unfortunately thatīs not possible. Raffles has their own loyalty program (though with fewer benefits than FPC), and only a very limit number of benefits (such as free local calls, comp. newspaper) apply at Swissotel/Raffles hotels.

The only exception being the points you earn from the Fairmont Chase CC which can redeemed for "ovation certs" which are valid at Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles properties.
Thx Jasper for the fast reply - really appreciate that . Besides redeeming pts for the ovation certs, it should be also possible to buy them (for companies as an incentive) or wait until the next dailyamericangetaways come out lol
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Is it possible to add some details on the free night certificates in the FAQ :
Properties with limited availability (Savoy, Plaza)
Properties where the certificates cannot be use (Fairmont Kenauk, Heritage Place ?)...
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Is it possible to add some details on the free night certificates in the FAQ :
Properties with limited availability (Savoy, Plaza)
Properties where the certificates cannot be use (Fairmont Kenauk, Heritage Place ?)...
I believe #1 is already covered (see below).

Iīve added a comment regarding Fairmont Heritage Places - thanks for the suggestion.

How does the third night free / free night certificate work?

A free night certificate is only valid for the Fairmont room category. In order to apply the free night or third night free certificate you need to call Fairmont Presidentīs Club or contact the hotel directly.

Are there any blackout dates?

Yes, each property has a few blackout dates when room upgrade certificates, suite upgrade certificates and third night free / free night certificates cannot be used.
Please check the current blackout dates here.
Also, both the Savoy and the Plaza have imposed capacity controls for using free night certs.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:25 pm

I believe #1 is already covered (see below).
Sorry, I should have read more carefully ...
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:50 pm
yla

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/#rewards I have this card, was planning on using the 2 nights at the savoy in london around the end of may. Called to check availability and they said they aren't accepting this until the winter? Can that be correct?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yla
http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/#rewards I have this card, was planning on using the 2 nights at the savoy in london around the end of may. Called to check availability and they said they aren't accepting this until the winter? Can that be correct?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Could you please clarify what the hotel is not accepting? Your free night certs or any reservations that include free night certs at all?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:49 am
yla

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Could you please clarify what the hotel is not accepting? Your free night certs or any reservations that include free night certs at all?
from the way they made it sound any reservation that includes free night certs
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Does Fairmont have a Best Rate Guarantee
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Rusell
Does Fairmont have a Best Rate Guarantee
No they don't.
The only thing you can do when finding a lower price is call the hotel or Fairmont reservation and ask if they can match the rate. Usually they do. However, you will not have extra-reduction / bonus...

(this is quite a shame when knowing that Swissotels, from the same corporate company, have 50% off on the first night)
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yla
from the way they made it sound any reservation that includes free night certs
Havenīgt heard of that particular problem, however the Savoy and the Plaza started to impose capacity controls for the redemption of free night certs a while ago, so itīs quite likely that the hotel hasnīt yet released any dates for redemption of free night certs yet.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:05 pm
yla

Havenīgt heard of that particular problem, however the Savoy and the Plaza started to impose capacity controls for the redemption of free night certs a while ago, so itīs quite likely that the hotel hasnīt yet released any dates for redemption of free night certs yet.
from history then when pray tell do they release dates for free night certs? thanks in advance
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:11 pm
yla

I mean I'm not going to my homeland is Israel so I'm not sure why they are being so Jewish about this
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
No they don't.
The only thing you can do when finding a lower price is call the hotel or Fairmont reservation and ask if they can match the rate. Usually they do. However, you will not have extra-reduction / bonus...

(this is quite a shame when knowing that Swissotels, from the same corporate company, have 50% off on the first night)
I know..im a swissotel member and have used this quite often
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:19 pm

Smile

No they don't.

Thanks for the info anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.