Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL - 11th Chicago Seminars - October 16-18, 2020 [virtual]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL - 11th Chicago Seminars - October 16-18, 2020 [virtual]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:44 pm

Registered, thank you for making it available online this year!
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by tscateh
Are those 3 hours the only time allotted, Stefan? I'm only asking because I work Saturdays. Thanks!
Yes. Will be available on replay. There may be an after-party. This is a lively show format rather than a long virtual conference.
tscateh likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Having done my annual conferences virtually this summer, I've appreciated having a Slack group (or other breakout-style collaborative chat room) going on in parallel to the speakers and workshops taking place. May I suggest the same for the event if you end up holding the seminars virtually? It would facilitate networking, which otherwise would be impossible in a virtual conference, and it would sweeten whatever attendance fee you end up charging.
I am working on something for attendees to interact. Candidates are Slack, Discord, Facebook group, and more.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Thank you for setting this up Stefan!

If the three collaborative options are all similar, perhaps a poll would be a useful decision tool.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:46 am

thanks. Maybe a breakout for secret deals? ha ha.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Thank you for setting this up Stefan!

If the three collaborative options are all similar, perhaps a poll would be a useful decision tool.
I am thinking more to sound out different people for their takes. The easy way for me to set up that might get the votes in a poll would be a Facebook group though a vocal minority won't touch Facebook. I'd rather not have a poll, at leat until I have a better idea in mind what I think are the real viable candidates. Happy to chat with you over DM if you would like to get involved.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:32 pm

I have created a FB group for attendees. The platform that the most are familiar with. Attendees join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagoseminars.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
How can I attend if I'm not on Facebook and have no plans to join Facebook?
marksyr likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
How can I attend if I'm not on Facebook and have no plans to join Facebook?
The event is not on Facebook. You can attend without it. The Facebook group is an additional, optional networking tool for before and after the event.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 11:36 am

Added topics preview to the main post.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Looking forward to this! You all can see me virtually yell ge-e-e-t your raffle tickets! Kidding, but yup I'll be joining in & chatting about the 4 charities this event supports. And it's going to be a fun 'variety show' of speakers! Hope attendees from prior years can 'attend' this year. Great way to spend 3 hours. Registration goes through tomorrow I believe.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This year's event is 'virtual' & will take place from 10am-1pm Central time, Saturday October 17th. Registration is $11 & benefits 4 charities; think registration goes through Friday, October 16th. Details in the first few posts of this thread. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exte...en-person.html

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:02 pm

Added speed networking event for attendees, tonight Friday 10/16 at 6-9 Central.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
AA is getting more hostile toward its most loyal customers. Such a contrast to Southwest, my go-to airline for most domestic travel...if only they flew to ORD instead of MDW.
fyi.....https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-year/2352614/
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I signed up a week ago, but have received nothing but Event Brite confirmation that they have my money. When do we get info about how to join the seminars?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.