Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL - 11th Chicago Seminars - October 16-18, 2020 [virtual]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
2020 Chicago Seminars

Are they planning on doing it this October? Interested in attending. Did a search and couldn't find anything.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Last year concrete details only emerged in August... so even without covid19 it would be too early. The weekend of Oct 18 was mentioned here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31663473-post94.html
hi55us likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
OFFICIAL - 11th Chicago Seminars - October 16-18, 2020 [virtual]

Giving update: we raised $5,253.85. On Giving Tuesday I made donations of $1315 to each of the 2020 selected charities.

Registration is live: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/124037189573

Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 10 am - 1 pm US Central. Chicago Seminars 2020 Variety Show takes the annual event online with speakers and cameos from a decade of celebrating miles and points travel. If you can't make that time, replay will be available to registered attendees.

Bonus (not required to attend the event): your ticket also includes access to our attendee networking Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagoseminars/.

Join us for our 11th annual event. Tickets are $11 and support our 2020 charities:
  • Airline Ambassadors International
  • Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
  • Semper Fi Fund
  • UNICEF
The livestream event includes guest speakers Dia Adams, Thomas Carnevale, Shawn Coomer & Mark Ostermann, Zachary Finkelstein, Tiffany Funk, Henning Mente, Dave Homyak, Matthew Klint, Marty Paz & JJ Todd, Howie Rappaport, Nick Reyes & Stephen Pepper, Jamal Robinson.

A preview of the topics:
  • Amplify your earnings and maximize your savings in 2-player mode
  • Hyatt mattress running promotions
  • IHG Ambassador promo
  • Earning Delta status with the current card MQM offers
  • Changing world Of Aeroplan
  • One non-rev to the rule them all, plus that blocked middle seat
  • U-Haul across the US, home renovation
  • Managing and organizing points
  • Estate planning and your miles
  • Hotel alternatives
  • Buying groups
  • Reselling for the holidays
Plus the registration desk chorus, apples guy, and celebrity cameos.

Your host is Stefan Krasowski RapidTravelChai .

Join us for the show!

thehowieee picked a doozy of a year for a sabbatical. Last October I agreed to step in for what was to be a cookie-cutter event of a beloved classic.

IF Chicago Seminars 2020 happens it will be October 16-18, 2020 at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village. No date or venue change will be considered. It either happens then and there, or not at all in 2020.

Many airlines have generous cancellation policies through June 30, 2020, so you may want to book a penalty-free cancel ticket to Chicago.

Expect the next update to this thread by August 31, 2020, and regular updates from there until a decision is made. If the event can happen, what the set-up will be, what capacity we can have, will only be decided very close to the event dates. Perhaps four weeks or even two weeks out we will make the go/no go decision. Only at that time, in the case of a go, will we open up registration.
  • Registration - pending
  • Session / Speaker Details - pending
  • Hotel Booking at Host Hotel - pending
So you have a reference point: 2019 event: OFFICIAL - 10th Chicago Seminars - October 18-20, 2019

p.s. save the date for October 15-17, 2021.
marksyr likes this.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Dec 1, 2020 at 11:01 pm Reason: event updates
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:09 pm

N/A - Hotel Booking Information

Not this year.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Oct 4, 2020 at 9:32 pm Reason: Update
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:09 pm

Event Schedule

10-1 am Central a rapid-fire program, speakers include:Plus HMPS, Jigger, JeffTheWanderer, SkiAdcock, rubesl, toomanybooks, and more.

Plus plus celebrity cameos!

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Oct 6, 2020 at 8:56 pm Reason: Updated schedule
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:10 pm

Sponsors

If interested to sponsor, please contact chicagoseminars2020 -at- gmail.com

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Oct 4, 2020 at 9:31 pm
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:11 pm

Charity Raffle & Donations

Charities we'll be donating to this year:

· Airline Ambassadors International – airlineamb.org

Airline Ambassadors International (AAI) helps orphans and vulnerable children worldwide by leveraging connections with the airline industry towards humanitarian service.

· Dahl Scholarship Fund – dahlfund.org

This fund is created in memory of Captain Jason Dahl with respect toward all victims of the events of 9/11/2001. It supports future generations of pilots, young people yearning to fly, through the award of Aviation Scholarships annually.

· Semper Fi Fund - semperfifund.org

The Semper Fi Fund provides immediate financial assistance and lifetime support to post-9/11 combat wounded, critically ill and catastrophically injured members of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families, ensuring that they have the resources they need during their recovery and transition back to their communities.

· UNICEF - UNICEF.org

UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children's lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence. And we never give up.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Oct 4, 2020 at 9:25 pm Reason: Updated
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Thanks for posting! If the conference goes forward I will be there.
RapidTravelChai likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I believe that today (June 30) is the last day to get freely-cancellable award tickets from AA.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Middle_Seat - read the AA section on DansDeals.com > https://www.dansdeals.com/more/coron...ees-july-31st/

While I've always wanted to go and hang out with my friends, in Brooklyn-speak, this ain't the year.

dh
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Middle_Seat - read the AA section on DansDeals.com > https://www.dansdeals.com/more/coron...ees-july-31st/
AA is getting more hostile toward its most loyal customers. Such a contrast to Southwest, my go-to airline for most domestic travel...if only they flew to ORD instead of MDW.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:45 pm

It is now official that Chicago Seminars will not happen in person this year. I may do a very casual online livestream with each guest more surprising than the next. Updates to follow.
tscateh likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: hahaha
Having done my annual conferences virtually this summer, I've appreciated having a Slack group (or other breakout-style collaborative chat room) going on in parallel to the speakers and workshops taking place. May I suggest the same for the event if you end up holding the seminars virtually? It would facilitate networking, which otherwise would be impossible in a virtual conference, and it would sweeten whatever attendance fee you end up charging.
ashishsg likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:33 pm

Event is live, register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/124037189573
Old Oct 4, 2020, 10:36 pm

Are those 3 hours the only time allotted, Stefan? I'm only asking because I work Saturdays. Thanks!

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
Event is live, register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/124037189573

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.