Reload this Page >

JT Genter has a disappointing Delta economy trip LAX-JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JT Genter has a disappointing Delta economy trip LAX-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
So the writer flew on an airline that he did not have status on and IMO he compared his experience to the airline he normally flies and has status on. Not a smart way to write an article, very biased
Blogs aren't about unbiased reporting. They are about writing the clickbait headline first, then tailoring the narrative around it. Plus, the more you complain about the non-status life, the more impressive the sales pitch is when they end with "Don't forget to sign up for a Delta Amex Reserve card and churn $250000 on it to get DM status! Use our signup link!"
84fiero likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am moving this to the EMPR where I think it is better housed, as much of the discussion has shifted to the blogsphere.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
TPG tried to charge $150/person for some event at the Delta museum in Atlanta. They're biased and, quite frankly, awful.
They banned me when I pushed them on their ethics.
I don't trust them one bit.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
TPG is "influencer" paid clickbait and makes its money this way.

Simply reposting stuff from what amounts to paid content is a poor use of FT and lines TPG's pockets.

Ignore it as most do and you will be just as well.
mapleg likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lindros2
TPG tried to charge $150/person for some event at the Delta museum in Atlanta. They're biased and, quite frankly, awful.
They banned me when I pushed them on their ethics.
I don't trust them one bit.
That was a charity donation of $150, not a payment to TPG though.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Anyone know the story behind why JT Genter was fired by TPG?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan
I imagine, alas, like most financial services marketing companies, TPG has a non-disclosure agreement and would force their non-employee/contractor into arbitration if anything leaked...
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I imagine, alas, like most financial services marketing companies, TPG has a non-disclosure agreement and would force their non-employee/contractor into arbitration if anything leaked...
He mentioned on Twitter that he was “terminated suddenly”. He was upset on Twitter today because TPG “updated” one of his old articles and removed all credit to him from it.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has he been dissing the credit card firms? I don’t think Comrade Brian would take too well to that.

I wonder how long these credit card blogs have got left before the climate crimes are racked up and the sentences issued and executed by Greta et al?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:24 pm

He mentioned on Twitter that he was “terminated suddenly”. He was upset on Twitter today because TPG “updated” one of his old articles and removed all credit to him from it.
Yeah, and the author basically wrote back, "girl, you know how this works. it's how you operated for years."
He's updated his personal site making it clear that he is willing to write marketing content for other sites that pretend to give travel expertise, so it seems unlikely he's going to start criticizing the industry writ large.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
This is pretty juicy gos.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:37 pm

Just noted, his wife continues to churn out credit card marketing content for the financial services firm of TPG .... so clicks before ****s I guess.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
JT Genter has now announced where he ended up after leaving TPG:

Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Award Wallet, how fabulous. That is wonderful.

Is this permitted?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
Award Wallet, how fabulous. That is wonderful.

Is this permitted?
Permitted? Even if you had a non-compete (which is unenforceable in certain states and really cannot prevent someone from working in their field of expertise anyway) that's based on you leaving a job, not being terminated as JT says happened to him. An employer cannot hire someone, force them to sign a non-compete, and then terminate them which would prevent them from working elsewhere.

I love the Award Wallet tool though I was not aware they had a blog. Guess we'll see where this goes.
mikex163 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.