Wiki Posts
Search

Josh Cahill [GoTravelYourWay]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by daniellam
It seems like there is a portion of the population who just watches Josh because of his cute looks and distinctive German/Aussie accent.
His accent is really interesting. I have an ear for accents, and can do a lot of very good imitations. I also lived in Germany, and that’s not how Germans who speak English sound.

At first I thought some of his content was good, and perhaps had a miles & points news website. But now I see it’s just a stupid vlog that frankly in my opinion creates drama. How many people have gotten into so many fights with in-flight crews? Even people taking pictures and videos. So he must be extremely obnoxious in real life.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
His accent is really interesting. I have an ear for accents, and can do a lot of very good imitations. I also lived in Germany, and that’s not how Germans who speak English sound.
I think he's born in Germany and moved to Australia and learned English as a second language in Australia and was unsuccessful in fully picking up the Aussie accent.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I think he's born in Germany and moved to Australia and learned English as a second language in Australia and was unsuccessful in fully picking up the Aussie accent.
Yeah makes sense. I was positive he was Dutch or Norwegian when I heard that accent. I think he may also have a speech impediment too. In any event, it’s a very interesting accent.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
and was unsuccessful in fully picking up the Aussie accent.
Like that's a goal???
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I think he may also have a speech impediment too.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. There's definitely something more to it than a German picking up Aussie English.
NWplatinum and superboi like this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Marcel B.
Why don't you like nonstop Dan, he is honest and won't take any flights or sponsorships from airlines. He also blurs people's faces so no privacy issues there.

Regards
I wish Dan would try a little bit harder to discover adjectives other than "stunning."

Originally Posted by pmdg7444
i wonder if he still fleeces off his parents or SIA cabin crew gf for day to day living expenses.....
Ooooh is there some actual tea here that you can spill?
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I wish Dan would try a little bit harder to discover adjectives other than "stunning."
Perhaps he is a little too stunned to learn new words.
NWplatinum, DMPHL, ysolde and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmdg7444
i wonder if he still fleeces off his parents or SIA cabin crew gf for day to day living expenses.....
Share the dirt.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
He seems to be busy flying around and doing reviews... unlike other vloggers/bloggers. Somehow he tries to find something bad in every product he reviews...?
nancypants likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I watch Josh from time to time as I think his videos are a refreshing change from the typical ones that are just talking about how awesome first class is etc. I don't necessarily disagree with the more negative points about him but I do like that he brings out the other side of flying, particularly where airlines could do better. I see no purpose in watching Sam Chui. Noel is pretty interesting. I think overall the travel review space is getting crowded and we will see more click bit style titles and antics going forward......
Old May 10, 2021, 8:26 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I watch Josh from time to time as I think his videos are a refreshing change from the typical ones that are just talking about how awesome first class is etc. I don't necessarily disagree with the more negative points about him but I do like that he brings out the other side of flying, particularly where airlines could do better. I see no purpose in watching Sam Chui. Noel is pretty interesting. I think overall the travel review space is getting crowded and we will see more click bit style titles and antics going forward......
Noel does some interesting things, but I cringe when he says the full name of the city he's in for the thousandth time in less than 3 mins....
jdavido likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I just realized that Josh Cahill started to invent small lies as he did in the Lufthansa review that I recently watched.

At 2:12-2:13 - You could see the buffet where they offer take-away food on the right hand side
At 2:30 - However, on your way out you could grab a bottle of water
At 2:34 - You could clearly see the sandwiches, pretzels; tea/coffee being served to another customer by the lounge agent
At 2:37 - I guess it's the only one ( lounge ) that doesn't serve anything
At 2:48 - He also lies that Swiss has their lounges fully operating with buffet, food, alcoholic beverages

It's obvious that Josh Cahill couldn't have missed the buffet that is clearly visible at the entry/exit of the lounge. I don't know why but this guy started to seem artificial to me and trying to get more views by providing small lies and false information. I believe he's paying for his own flights; although, I don't think this guy should be able to provide false information. I know that some bloggers exaggerate something but this is the opposite where he purposefully undervalues the product he is going to use for the sake of additional viewers and money.
hockeystl, ysolde, 9W73H and 1 others like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I just realized that Josh Cahill started to invent small lies as he did in the Lufthansa review that I recently watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDoBmUecyQ

At 2:12-2:13 - You could see the buffet where they offer take-away food on the right hand side
At 2:30 - However, on your way out you could grab a bottle of water
At 2:34 - You could clearly see the sandwiches, pretzels; tea/coffee being served to another customer by the lounge agent
At 2:37 - I guess it's the only one ( lounge ) that doesn't serve anything
At 2:48 - He also lies that Swiss has their lounges fully operating with buffet, food, alcoholic beverages

It's obvious that Josh Cahill couldn't have missed the buffet that is clearly visible at the entry/exit of the lounge. I don't know why but this guy started to seem artificial to me and trying to get more views by providing small lies and false information. I believe he's paying for his own flights; although, I don't think this guy should be able to provide false information. I know that some bloggers exaggerate something but this is the opposite where he purposefully undervalues the product he is going to use for the sake of additional viewers and money.
Looking back at his Air China video, where he was outraged over an incident completely self-inflicted, his view counts were much higher for that video than others around that time. There's also his 2.2m view video about how "horrible" Malaysia Airlines, and his 800k+ view video about whether Air India is "that bad", it seems negativity gets clicks so he's now manufacturing them.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
VFT also discussed his vlog: https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/foru...paigns.147665/

I'm puzzled why he didn't bring the dirty seat to the attention of the crew and cleaned it himself...? Also when the purser came and asked what he was filming he could have pointed out the dirty seat topic
9W73H, nancypants and ISTFlyer like this.
Old May 23, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Scamhansa"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.