OFFICIAL - 10th Chicago Seminars - October 18-20, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Key Links:
  • Registration - $125/person - Includes access to all registered sessions, lunch Saturday/Sunday, coffee/snack breaks and happy hour Saturday night
  • Session / Speaker Details - So you know what you're looking at when you go through registration
  • Hotel Booking at Host Hotel (This link will only work properly on a laptop or desktop browser, don't ask me why, because I don't know) - $115/night + taxes/fees. Includes breakfast for 2 each morning
Print Wikipost

OFFICIAL - 10th Chicago Seminars - October 18-20, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:50 am

Headed out to Chicago from Tampa, just boarded the plane. Should be there around 11 local. Not sure if we are going to do some sight seeing or head to the hotel, but looking forward to seeing everyone tonight for our first year out for the event. Super excited to learn as much as possible in 48 hours! 😁😁😁😁😁
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
In the Amtrak Metropolitan Lounge at Union Station. Thank goodness for red caps, as my fractured rib has let me know it's not totally healed. Ouch. And with an oh-dawn-hundred wake up after late night, just realized things I forgot to pack so hope there's a Walgreens not too far from the hotel. Ride picking me up in 90 minutes to head to hotel.

PS - if anyone is heading downtown Sunday afternoon, still looking for a ride back to Union Station.

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Arrived midnight last night and staying at the Sheraton Suites Elk Grove Village to get some work done this morning. Will take an Uber to the HI this afternoon. My first Chicago Seminars since 2015 and really looking forward to it!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Be aware of the hotel airport shuttle changes - runs only once an hour at the half-hour mark (9:30, 10:30, etc) and now costs $5 each way.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:25 am

My coach operator last night did not charge anyone $5 to ride the HI host hotel shuttle to the hotel from ORD airport. Tip your driver.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'd be happy if they didn't. The website says there is a charge, and when I checked with the hotel, the rep. said it is charged to your room. If that's true, it's a change from prior years so I was giving a heads up.

By the way, I don't need reminder about tipping a driver anymore than I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to remember to tip the maid.

Last edited by cocobird; Oct 18, 2019 at 11:32 am
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:12 pm

Nice seeing some new & old (old because they've attended before) faces at the informal lunch in the hotel bar. I think I won the prize for least amount of credit cards in the 'what's in your wallet' discussion

Am in my room surrounded by charity raffle prizes. There are a lot of them, so warm up your credit cards everyone.! I'll start selling tickets when registration opens in an hour.

See you soon! Cheers.
tscateh likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
anyone had to cancel?

My schedule freed up unexpectedly so I'll buy a reservation if someone isn't going

Last edited by 60614; Oct 19, 2019 at 6:58 am Reason: clarify prior post
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cocobird
I'd be happy if they didn't. The website says there is a charge, and when I checked with the hotel, the rep. said it is charged to your room. If that's true, it's a change from prior years so I was giving a heads up.

By the way, I don't need reminder about tipping a driver anymore than I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to remember to tip the maid.
The point about the tipping is not about the principle of tipping...each year keeping the drivers happy have kept them looking the other way, and people not calling attention to it to the front desk have kept that $5 charge off most, maybe all, bills even though the $5 has been listed on the site for years.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:36 pm

And we had an engagement happen at the seminar event! Happy couple!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:19 pm

SoFlo Miles and More - Facebook Group for South Florida

What a great weekend...thanks Howie and everyone for putting this together . Met a lot of new friends, and learned a lot.

If you are in South Florida please join our local meetup group on Facebook SoFlo Miles and More. Hoping to meet up on a regular basis, share the knowledge, and travel more often for less.

Bryan Sklar
Reward Travel Planning
[email protected]
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bdsklar
What a great weekend...thanks Howie and everyone for putting this together . Met a lot of new friends, and learned a lot.

If you are in South Florida please join our local meetup group on Facebook SoFlo Miles and More. Hoping to meet up on a regular basis, share the knowledge, and travel more often for less.

Bryan Sklar
Reward Travel Planning
[email protected]
It was awesome to meet you Bryan! Howie certainly did do a fabulous job. And Rick. And Sharon Great team.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:12 pm

Another great weekend - thanks so much for all who donated to raise funds for charity. YOU ROCK!!!! And thanks to my "Vannas" who helped pass out all the prizes. An hour to get them all distributed.

Cheers.
tc fly girl likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Awesome weekend, thanks to those who planned it! (already looking forward to next year...)
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA SLVR, DL Gold, QR SLVR,HYATT GLOBALIST,MB TITANIUM,IHG Spire, ALL GLD,Hertz PrezCirc.
Wanted to share my deep gratitude to everyone! My first conference, learned so much and was so impressed with the ideas and talent of everyone that I met! What a wonderful community! Look forward to seeing all of you again soon!!
Nick
[redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; Oct 22, 2019 at 11:18 pm Reason: email ID removed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.