OFFICIAL - 10th Chicago Seminars - October 18-20, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Key Links:
  • Registration - $125/person - Includes access to all registered sessions, lunch Saturday/Sunday, coffee/snack breaks and happy hour Saturday night
  • Session / Speaker Details - So you know what you're looking at when you go through registration
  • Hotel Booking at Host Hotel (This link will only work properly on a laptop or desktop browser, don't ask me why, because I don't know) - $115/night + taxes/fees. Includes breakfast for 2 each morning
Print Wikipost

OFFICIAL - 10th Chicago Seminars - October 18-20, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by 50th
I have attended in the past and there used to be a dinner on Saturday night. In the past it was at Jimmy's CHop House. Is there anything planned for this year?
Not that I know of, but I would definitely be interested.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:35 pm

I'm strongly considering attending. There are some time slots where I am interested in more than one session. Is it acceptable to ask here for someone attending one of the other sessions, so we can trade notes? If not, I'll delete this post.
tc fly girl and tscateh like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by paradox
I'm strongly considering attending. There are some time slots where I am interested in more than one session. Is it acceptable to ask here for someone attending one of the other sessions, so we can trade notes? If not, I'll delete this post.
You should definitely come and compare notes! It's a very social event, so I often find folks I know or that are talking about interesting subjects and just latch on or meet new people.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:37 pm

I've signed up and look forward to meeting people, trading notes, and learning new things!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
"...I'm strongly considering attending. There are some time slots where I am interested in more than one session. Is it acceptable to ask here for someone attending one of the other sessions, so we can trade notes? If not, I'll delete this post."

Unofficially speaking, when I've attended before, if another session that I was debating going to isn't full / overflowing, then I've been fine quietly moving into it and sitting down in the back.
financialhippie likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Huh? The registration only seems to accept Paypal? For a conference that's all (well, mostly) about credit cards? Am I missing a way to pay by credit card?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
pay with a credit card through paypal? it has been the same exact thing every year.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by thehowieee
pay with a credit card through paypal? it has been the same exact thing every year.
Got it. Yes, when (forced to) entering Paypal, then Paypal gives you the option of paying by account balance, or via a bank account, or by entering your credit card #. No addt'l charge for paying by cc.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
If anyone is going to cancel a hotel reservation please send me a PM, I've been trying to find space at the conference hotel every day for the last 3 weeks with no avail .
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I signed up a while back and had a two-night reservation at Elk Grove Village at the special rate and used the link provided on this thread to make the reservation. As I distinctly recall, the terms stated that cancellation of the reservation would result in having to pay a one-night penalty (I didn't reserve at the flexible rate, don't remember if it was available for this rate). I had to cancel due to sudden changes in plans, but IHG billed me for the two nights instead of one as the cancellation penalty. Can anyone confirm for me that the cancellation penalty was one-night payment, not two?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:59 pm

Only 126 seminar reservation spots left, which is pretty good with 3 weeks to go considering the link and info went up later than usual this year. Maybe a few bloggers can plug or re-plug the event and get the remaining tickets sold?
tc fly girl likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:28 pm

Oct/2019 Chicago semminar

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum so i don't know if I'm writing to the right source,but i tried to register for coming up semminar in Oct.Chicago and after sooo many attempts it's not letting me.Can you tell me how i can register for that event,i just don't get that button turn green or another color except grey.
thx so much in advance for your help
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by FlexChoice
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum so i don't know if I'm writing to the right source,but i tried to register for coming up semminar in Oct.Chicago and after sooo many attempts it's not letting me.Can you tell me how i can register for that event,i just don't get that button turn green or another color except grey.
thx so much in advance for your help
If you go to www.eventbrite.com and enter in "Chicago" in the location and scroll down, you will see the link to the seminar and you could try to register that way
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by 50th
If you go to www.eventbrite.com and enter in "Chicago" in the location and scroll down, you will see the link to the seminar and you could try to register that way
Thank you soooooo much, i don't know what i was doing wrong last night or maybe nothing ,but i took your advise and managed to register! soooo happy and excited,I'll c u there
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:30 pm

Thank you soooooo much, i don't know what i was doing wrong last night or maybe nothing ,but i took your advise and managed to register! soooo happy and excited,I'll c u there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.