Reload this Page >

Rudy Maxa’s Tours partners with Megado.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rudy Maxa’s Tours partners with Megado.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool Rudy Maxa’s Tours partners with Megado.com

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/tou...r-company.html

Rudy Maxa, one of America’s premier consumer travel experts, has just launched a new eponymous and exclusive tour company-Maxa Tours. Offering curated itineraries through Europe’s top destinations, trips will include Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Monaco, Switzerland and Scandinavia.
Designed as small luxury group tours for 20 travelers or less, the trips are fully inclusive featuring four- and five-star hotels, curated experiences in each destination. An industry veteran, Maxa is well known as “The Savvy Traveler” from his public radio show of the same name as well as Host and Executive Producer of “Rudy Maxa’s World,” the Emmy Award-winning, public television, 98-episode travel series featuring destinations around the world. He also received numerous awards during his 17 years as a contributing editor at National Geographic Traveler magazine.
It seems Rudy now lets the Megado franchise market its trips.

“We know other tour operators take travelers to the same destinations, so we have specifically committed to developing the most memorable experiences for the most accessible price,” adds Tommy Danielsen, president of Rudy Maxa Tours. “We believe that having the Original Savvy Traveler curate your trip how he likes to travel, guarantees peace of mind that you are getting the best.”
https://maxatours.com/purchase-terms-conditions/

One section of it T&C is probably not suited for people who book personal tours for 8000$:

MegaDo reserves the right to modify program itineraries, including arranged sightseeing, and substitute accommodations, including vessels, aircraft and trains, at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond MegaDo’s control. Every effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued

Last edited by oliver2002; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:27 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Impressively slick site.

Interesting to see how the tour dates cut across each other so Rudy can pop in and out of the various itineraries for a day here and a day there.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:33 am

The "right to modify program itineraries" is classic MegaDo.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by JetAway
The "right to modify program itineraries" is classic MegaDo.
I think the Maxa customer base will be less forgiving of MegaDo style schedule changes, where you can just about assume you will be in the country you were meant to be in but everything else is up for negotiation on the day :-)

(For clarity, I have done a couple and recommend them, but flexibility is key.)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
With that price point, group size and itinerary they appear to be competing with the likes of A&F Luxury Small Group Journeys - at a slight discount.

It can be a very lucrative market...but as others have said, they better dot every i and cross every t, because those customers tend to bring a deadly combination of ignorance and arrogance on the road with them!

As always, I wish Tommy good luck in his new venture!
84fiero likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
It seems these kind of tours were marketed by others for Rudy Maxa before: https://www.defineddestinations.com/...aris-rudy-maxa
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I've never heard of Rudy Maxa.

But I have encountered folks on similar types of luxury group trips and this is a great observation:

Originally Posted by kokonutz
It can be a very lucrative market...but as others have said, they better dot every i and cross every t, because those customers tend to bring a deadly combination of ignorance and arrogance on the road with them!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I've never heard of Rudy Maxa.

But I have encountered folks on similar types of luxury group trips and this is a great observation:

A couple years ago ran into a group of them at the restaurant in Petra in Jordan...A&F bling and logos everywhere. Much snapping of fingers, chiding of guides about the quality of the food (it’s the ONLY restaurant in Petra), complaining about the heat etc. Definition of ugly tourists.
84fiero likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.