Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

What is the best site to receive notifications of award travel deals?

Old Dec 18, 18, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everybody,
Like most, I find it nearly impossible to read all of the new threads in the Flyertalk forums given the abundant categories (individual airlines, hotels, credit cards, etc...)....
99% of my international travel involves using Award Points and preferably in Business Class for longer haul trips.
In a perfect world, I would like to receive a daily summary of any new promos for Award Travel by any/all of the airlines and possibly hotels.
Unfortunately, the wiki on this thread lists approx 50 different sites which are too many to isolate the best.
What are the best sites where I can receive a daily summary email of new airline award travel promos?
Which are the 1-3 best sites (yes, this is subjective)?

Given that I have already maximized the 5/24 rule for credit cards, I am not necessarily looking to apply for new credit cards.
Rather, my focus is on when the major airlines like AA, Delta, UA, etc... run promos for discounted Award Travel.
(I don't want to subscribe to numerous airline sites if one site can cover all of them).
Thanks in advance and hopefully this makes sense.
Anthony

Last edited by atwnsw2; Dec 18, 18 at 8:45 pm
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:02 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Take your pick of any of the points & miles blogs that post regularly/daily - they all parrot the same breaking news and deals. You can watch like dominoes as the news pops up on one after another so as not to miss out. Just patronize the blogs that you feel provide you with value in general - there isn't really much they can add to the award discount announcement other than telling you it exists. Personally I find Doctor of Credit and Frequentmiler to be reliable.

You could also see if there are threads on FT for the programs that regularly have such promotions. If so, you can subscribe to the thread and have it set for email alerts when there are new posts. I'm not sure if anyone maintains an FT thread that covers all of the deals in one, though.
Old Dec 19, 18, 4:02 pm

I used to check pointsbuzz.com. It had a lot of sites with their top posts but I haven't been able to access it lately. They may have gone under.
Old Dec 19, 18, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 84fiero View Post
Take your pick of any of the points & miles blogs that post regularly/daily - they all parrot the same breaking news and deals. You can watch like dominoes as the news pops up on one after another so as not to miss out. Just patronize the blogs that you feel provide you with value in general - there isn't really much they can add to the award discount announcement other than telling you it exists. Personally I find Doctor of Credit and Frequentmiler to be reliable.

You could also see if there are threads on FT for the programs that regularly have such promotions. If so, you can subscribe to the thread and have it set for email alerts when there are new posts. I'm not sure if anyone maintains an FT thread that covers all of the deals in one, though.
Thank you for the response and feedback. Very helpful.
Old Dec 21, 18, 9:11 am

Pointsbuzz.com is back up if you are interested. It combines the top posts from several different sites. I have found it to be a good site for locating current stories and deals.
Old Dec 21, 18, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cliff358 View Post
Pointsbuzz.com is back up if you are interested. It combines the top posts from several different sites. I have found it to be a good site for locating current stories and deals.
That is exactly what i was looking for. One stop shopping.
Thank you.
Old Dec 22, 18, 10:02 am

Love it!

Search this Thread