Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam MegaDo Oct 11-17, 2018 SEA-AMS-PRG-PMI-BCN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If anyone is looking for a hotel deal for Sun-Tue in Amsterdam - and please forgive the plug here but I don't get a commission on bookings - Marriott is offering 10,000 bonus points on Sun-Tue stays at the Renaissance and the Marriott.

This is an exclusive deal set up for Head for Points readers - full details here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...ott-hfp-offer/

The rate will be based on the cheapest publicly available, eg member pre-pay, so you're not overpaying for the points.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by Raffles
Air Europa just announced a partnership with Etihad, so it is possible that the free Air Europa status we all now have as a MegaDo participant might be handy if we are flying with EY too.
you ever able to verify this? I couldn’t seem to find anything. I’m EY on the return.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
you ever able to verify this? I couldn’t seem to find anything. I’m EY on the return.
No, never got to the bottom of it. Although, as we're meeting the Air Europa CEO, you can ask him!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by U2936JAN
It looks like the Thursday evening welcome reception hosted by Boeing is no longer on the schedule
In a related schedule change, the registration time has moved form 5-6 pm to 7:30-8:30
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Arrived SEA and heading to the Aloft -- anyone want to get together before registration?

EDIT: at the bar down the street at Sharps.

Last edited by Zorak; Oct 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As no-one has reported back on this I will give it a go.

Just arrived in BCN after a ludicrous day which started in Amsterdam, then on to Prague to see the airport catering facility, then on to Mallorca to see the Air Europa hangers and have a reception at a Marriott Vacation Club and then on to BCN.

Luckily we get a later start tomorrow with the final day kicking off at 9am, organised by Starwood / Marriott.

Monday was a full-on day touring Schiphol including a very cool fire fighting demonstration where they set the training aircraft on fire for our benefit! We also did the engine overhaul factory and one of the hangers with a 787 we could poke around. Sunday there was a focus group session for SkyTeam at W Amsterdam followed by a party. I didn't do the US portion so can't comment on that.

No major mishaps or programme changes this year, apart from a 1 hour tarmac delay this morning due to technical issues with our Czech Airways plane. In a throwback to the 1980s there was proper food served in Economy on all sectors including a hot lunch!

As usual it is an astonishing amount of organisation, something I would never even attempt in a million years, and hats off to Tommy, Melinda and Patrick for getting it done again.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:14 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
As no-one has reported back on this I will give it a go.

Just arrived in BCN after a ludicrous day which started in Amsterdam, then on to Prague to see the airport catering facility, then on to Mallorca to see the Air Europa hangers and have a reception at a Marriott Vacation Club and then on to BCN.

Luckily we get a later start tomorrow with the final day kicking off at 9am, organised by Starwood / Marriott.

Monday was a full-on day touring Schiphol including a very cool fire fighting demonstration where they set the training aircraft on fire for our benefit! We also did the engine overhaul factory and one of the hangers with a 787 we could poke around. Sunday there was a focus group session for SkyTeam at W Amsterdam followed by a party. I didn't do the US portion so can't comment on that.

No major mishaps or programme changes this year, apart from a 1 hour tarmac delay this morning due to technical issues with our Czech Airways plane. In a throwback to the 1980s there was proper food served in Economy on all sectors including a hot lunch!

As usual it is an astonishing amount of organisation, something I would never even attempt in a million years, and hats off to Tommy, Melinda and Patrick for getting it done again.
Congrats to Team Tommy for pulling it off yet again.

BTW, are you sure you meant to use the word 'ludicrous'? It has negative connotations and I have never seen it used ironically...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The British have a far wider range of ‘irony’ words!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
The British have a far wider range of ‘irony’ words!
Well done you then!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick recap on the final day (Wednesday). Marriott arranged a tour of three Barcelona properties with an experience at each - cocktail testing at the Hotel Arts (Ritz-Carlton), local food at the brand new Barcelona EDITION (where the GM generously gave us all a tour including the rooms) and finally a pool party with an exceptional food spread at the W Barcelona.

Overall I'd say it was the best of the three MegaDo events I've attended in Europe. I think this was partly because there was no 'stand out' event such as the Airbus tours in the past, which meant that it was more evenly balanced. Everyone pulled out all the stops - the amount of free food and drink over the three days was crazy!

You need stamina though - Tuesday started with a 5am alarm in Amsterdam for a 7.30am flight to Prague before a two hour event before a flight to Palma before a hanger tour and reception at a nearby hotel followed by a flight to Barcelona. A l-o-n-g day, especially for those of us who had to do 3-4 hours work after all that.

Not sure Tommy has yet recovered from his panic on discovering that the baggage handlers in Prague were unloading all the checked baggage, which was meant to be staying on the aircraft until Barcelona ....
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
A wornout welcome with star alliance and lh I suppose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.