Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam MegaDo Oct 11-17, 2018 SEA-AMS-PRG-PMI-BCN

SkyTeam MegaDo Oct 11-17, 2018 SEA-AMS-PRG-PMI-BCN

Old May 8, 2018, 5:50 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Must not have been a first day sellout...the marketing has begun.

This is a one-time special email to participants of the Insideflyer (formerly bonusfeber) MD 80 DO contest.Introducing the first ever
SkyTeam MegaDo.

Oct 13-17 AMS-PRG-PMI-BCN
Optional pre-event in Seattle, WA Oct 11-12
BOOK NOW ›Complimentary SkyTeam Elite Plus status.All participants will receive complimentary Air Europa SUMA Gold status through 2019, equivalent to SkyTeam Elite Plus status. Benefits include lounge access, priority at immigration and security lanes, extra baggage allowance, and SkyPriority services.
Promotions ›Go backstage with SkyTeam.Go behind the scenes at Amsterdam, Prague, andMallorca airports with KLM, Czech Airlines, and Air Europa. Visit the Operations centers, Maintenance facilities, Catering, and meet the SkyTeam management team!
Schedule ›Two vibrant European cities.
Two exciting stops.Start in exhilarating Amsterdam. Hop through Prague and Mallorca. End in sunny Barcelona, Catalonia. Fly in the comfort of our privateBoeing 737-800 charter flight operated by Air Europa. Stay withMarriott and Starwood.
Pricing ›Registration now openRegistration is open. Seats are selling fast -- book now!
BOOK NOW ›MegaDo, LLC
[email protected]

Old May 8, 2018, 6:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

The email you're referring to went out yesterday at 10AM when sales opened. There are still about 35 seats left for those who want to join. Super relevant for Delta loyalists, but unfortunately, the thread was moved to this area
Old May 9, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tommy777
The email you're referring to went out yesterday at 10AM when sales opened. There are still about 35 seats left for those who want to join. Super relevant for Delta loyalists, but unfortunately, the thread was moved to this area
Welcome back to FlyerTalk!

We miss you! You should hang out more often!!

As I say above, seems like a pretty decent offering. Good luck with it!
Old May 11, 2018, 11:45 am

Will DL or another carrier offer a special MegaDO rate TATL from BCN after the event? I'm already registered for the DO and I want to buy my before & after TATL tickets ASAP.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Captain, thank you for joining us yet again. There is a special rate provided from Delta, but it's quite limited as it only supports the main gateways. In many cases, the pricing in economy is quite good, but in Business, in most cases not so much... The code we've been provided seem to be a little troublesome.

That's why we have solicited a great TA who is helping out with folks bookings. I was able to get my flights in business for about 2600 from Seattle to Amsterdam and back to my hometown in Business.

Please contact Melinda and she'll get you squared away.

Update this morning. After our partnership with The Points Guy was announced on their site yesterday, we are selling quite a bit of tickets. About 25 left as of this morning.

Originally Posted by Cochiti
Will DL or another carrier offer a special MegaDO rate TATL from BCN after the event? I'm already registered for the DO and I want to buy my before & after TATL tickets ASAP.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Not sure that TPG calling it an event for AVgeeks will attract the man (flyer) in the street :-)
Old May 13, 2018, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not sure that TPG calling it an event for AVgeeks will attract the man (flyer) in the street :-)
So what? They want to sell tickets. And the AvGeek crowd is slightly more likely to find it a fun experience.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:44 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Deleted...
Damn. I just spit my coffee out seeing your back on FlyerTalk. Didn't we have some bet that you would NEVER return to FlyerTalk? LOL I prefer payment in €s to my HSBC Euro Account.
Also, what did I miss?

Originally Posted by Raffles
MegaDo will NEVER be for the "man (flyer) in the street." Unless said main flyer was accompanying an AvGeek friend.

Originally Posted by sbm12
So what? They want to sell tickets. And the AvGeek crowd is slightly more likely to find it a fun experience.
Yep, What the wise sbm12 said.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by BenA

As a showcase for Air Europa to host an event, though, PMI is a pretty good destination. If you were to plan an airline charter party flight to a place in Europe where UX has experience handing flights in a beautiful natural setting, you’d be hard-pressed to pick a more appropriate airport.

If attending the MegaDo, I’d be tempted to tack on a few extra days in BCN or PMI on the end of the event to do some sightseeing...
Don't sell PMI short. I was in MUC on Sunday morning and they had 4 flights to PMI in the space of 25 minutes. Hard to believe, but PMI is the busiest airport in Europe on Saturday morning in the summer!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
Hi tommy777,

How many places do you have left for the sky team megado?

I'm tommy777 and I'm one of the organizers of the megado.

We typically host these events once a year with Star Alliance, we've done it since 2009 and hosted 8 Star MegaDo's

I've been a little reluctant to do a SkyTeam MegaDo as I am not a SkyTeam flyer, but was persuaded to do so last November after years of requests.

And this one is full of surprises, there's going to be a lot of fun.

The main event that goes on sale on Monday happens in Europe. There are optional events in Seattle which adds a lot of cost, especially when traveling in Business Class, but the main fair is in Europe. And the all in price for eco is $999

To get a better understanding of the dynamics of this event, it's not paying $999 for a plane ticket. That's the all in price for an event that starts on Sunday October 14th in Amsterdam and goes till Wednesday October 17th. All activities, meals, parties, transportation and the charter flight is included. Chartering buses alone is 11K Euros, we are hosting 3 evening parties, including 2 hangar parties, they all cost money to put on, so if you think 4 days of fun and 3 party flights all in is expensive at 250 dollars a day, that surprises me. Sure, you have to get there, you have to pay for hotels etc. But people are using miles, points, sharing rooms etc. to get costs down. You don't have to stay at the host hotels, you can use points. You don't have to fly the official flights, you can fly BA, Norwegian or whatever. Or you can use miles

And the MegaDo is not about visiting Amsterdam, Prague or Palma. It's about access to once in a lifetime experiences, airline CEOs, Marriott Rewards / SPGs management, behind the scenes stuff you can't do on your own. And you get to do it with a group of 152 fantastic people. Zach @ TPG summed last years event up perfectly. https://thepointsguy.com/2017/09/5-h...m-megado-2017/

The charter is the highlight of the trip. We decide our own catering, there is service and free drinks in all classes (of course)

And there will be many, unpublished surprises. From Marriott, from SkyTeam and their carriers.

Happy to answer any questions you might have. It's gonna be a hell of a time.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I just got this message from the organizers:

>> Air Europa has informed us that they were unable to obtain a take off slot at Amsterdam airport.
>> The show must go on! While Air Europa remains on board has a Sponsor, Czech Airlines will take over the operation of the MegaDo charter party flight. Our new aircraft will be an Airbus A319.
>>With the change in aircraft operator, we now have 10 open Economy seats that were initially reserved for Air Europa's best customers.

So with this change, they have downsized from a 152 seat aircraft to a 134 seat Airbus A319 (8C + 126Y)
This will be my third MegaDo, and I am looking forward to it.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
As of this morning, the "sign up" web page is showing sold out in all categories.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgarnatz
As of this morning, the "sign up" web page is showing sold out in all categories.
Congrats to Tommy and his team!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Air Europa just announced a partnership with Etihad, so it is possible that the free Air Europa status we all now have as a MegaDo participant might be handy if we are flying with EY too.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:40 am

It looks like the Thursday evening welcome reception hosted by Boeing is no longer on the schedule

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.