SkyTeam MegaDo Oct 11-17, 2018 SEA-AMS-PRG-PMI-BCN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 11:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

Anyone else going?

https://skyteam.megado.com/
Old May 3, 2018, 12:09 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Anyone else going?

https://skyteam.megado.com/
"Anyone else", implies that YOU are going. Are you?
Zorak likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Notices everyone who attends will be given STE+ status via Air Europa FF program. Maybe worth it for some just for that.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels
"Anyone else", implies that YOU are going. Are you?
​​​​​​
Nothing gets past you
Old May 3, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Meh. If you're into that kind of stuff, I guess, but I'm not going to PMI, staying for only 6 hrs and not even seeing the outside.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Meh. If you're into that kind of stuff, I guess, but I'm not going to PMI, staying for only 6 hrs and not even seeing the outside.
It's not like that's the sole thing on the agenda...
Old May 3, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Zorak
It's not like that's the sole thing on the agenda...
True. I do love me some AMS and BCN. I'm considering it. The YYZ-TUS-SFO *MegaDO was amazing.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:30 pm

Do the segments earn miles, or would they disqualified as this is a package deal?
Delta Dude and manacit like this.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:38 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Hmmmmm..... maybe next year...
Old May 3, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
Do the segments earn miles, or would they disqualified as this is a package deal?
The main “party” flight is a charter, which usually doesn’t earn miles (at least that’s been my understanding from the past *A DOs.). If you use the DL group rate for the TATL flights, though, those should earn normally.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tkey75
As a showcase for Air Europa to host an event, though, PMI is a pretty good destination. If you were to plan an airline charter party flight to a place in Europe where UX has experience handing flights in a beautiful natural setting, you’d be hard pressed to pick a more appropriate airport.

If attending the MegaDo, I’d be tempted to tack on a few extra days in BCN or PMI on the end of the event to do some sightseeing...
Old May 3, 2018, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
If attending the MegaDo, I’d be tempted to tack on a few extra days in BCN or PMI on the end of the event to do some sightseeing...
That's my plan, stay in BCN through the weekend.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Darn it. No special fare from YYZ to AMS.

So if I understand this correctly, you pay for the package you choose (Economy / Comfort / Business) plus you have to cover your own fare to get over to AMS etc. Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong. Hotels etc. you have to cover on your own.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Darn it. No special fare from YYZ to AMS.

So if I understand this correctly, you pay for the package you choose (Economy / Comfort / Business) plus you have to cover your own fare to get over to AMS etc. Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong. Hotels etc. you have to cover on your own.
Correct. One reason I won't be attending. This seems nothing more than a PR stunt. One you have to pay for yourself at that.
Old May 4, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
No bueno for me.

Seemed very attractive at first, as most of the cities were in my travel list for 2018. But after seeing the costs, upon more costs, I lost interest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.