9th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 19 - 21, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
Dates for 2018 event are: Oct 19-21, 2018

* Event Registration: URL https://chicagoseminars2018.eventbrite.com/ - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). The host hotel is not accepting reservations yet. They will once the event is live.
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #3
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #4.
* Current event sponsors in post #5 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #6.
* Request for volunteers is in post #7. (volunteers get thanks & handshake - and an apple).

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport (ORD) on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E.
Print Wikipost

9th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 19 - 21, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thank you to all the organizers and presenters. Another great event. Looking forward to next year.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Agreed! Excellent presentations with new ideas. I've got so many action items to attend to!

One post-conference disappointment: I learned in one of the sessions that the bonus for a SWA personal CC jumps by 10,000 points if you apply during a flight. So, I logged on during the flight home and it was true...the offer for for 50,000 points. I completed the application and clicked Submit, but never got to a confirmation screen. Yesterday I sent a secure message to Chase, and they confirmed that they had not received my application

Will try again on my next SWA flight(s).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Have been to seven of the nine seminars.
Many many thanks to Howie.....super effort and results. I am sure many thought "it was so simple to do this......because as usual there were hardly ANY glitches ! Just to repeat this always has been an ALL VOLUNTEER EVENT.

Presentations were great and informative. Networking was on at full speed....Sharon, once again you lost your voice but for such laudable causes.

Howie, how will you top this ?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
[QUOTE=HMPS;30348841

Howie, how will you top this ?[/QUOTE]

Next year is the 10th anniversary of the Chicago Seminar Event. I'm sure Howie will come up w/ some cool ideas.

Thank you for being a volunteer each year. It truly helps & is so appreciated, especially for our repeat volunteer folk. It's almost like a family.

Cheers.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:48 am

First time to the this seminar and thought it was well done. Props to ALL of you that made it happen. I have been to my share of seminars over the years (work related, not travel) and what we loved the most was how nice and helpful everyone has been during the entire seminar (which isn't as common in our experience.).

Is there s a single spot where we can download the presentations, or at lead the decks, from the seminar this year?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
a survey is going to go out this weekend -- and it'll include links to presentations that speakers are willing to share. Not all will be shared.
tc fly girl likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Just received an email from IHG, stating that my 2-night stay at the conference hotel earned 22,250 points. Pretty amazing, those would be good for up to 4 nights at the cheapest PointBreaks hotels.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:54 pm

Couldn't make it this year. Has next years date been determined yet?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by thehowieee
a survey is going to go out this weekend -- and it'll include links to presentations that speakers are willing to share. Not all will be shared.
Curious if the surveys have been sent? We are expecting two yet none received. Thank you.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pixelrogue1
Curious if the surveys have been sent? We are expecting two yet none received. Thank you.
It hasn't -- I've been harassing a few folks to finalize a few things -- it'll be going out today
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:00 am

No rush...

More interested in the materials from the seminar than the survey itself. Hope each presenter decided to share the decks/notes with the participants. Thank you.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pixelrogue1
More interested in the materials from the seminar than the survey itself. Hope each presenter decided to share the decks/notes with the participants. Thank you.
Don't get your hopes high. /managing expectations
tebfunk likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:42 am

Thank you.

We understand if some of the content might not yet have been published on a respective blog, and that the presenters want to keep the content from get high exposure. That said, it appeared as the secrets themselves were kept close to the vest and not included in the decks nor presentations.

It is our hope that the presenters decide to share their presentation decks given we were all part of the presentstion and conference, even if that would be on a password protected location where only paid attendees would be the only ones with access.

This was our first time in attendance, yet it has been common practice at least at dozens of other conferences where presenters provide their deck or have another form of handout with their notes within a week of the conference. We presumed the content would be available after the event; lessens learned next time for more due diligence and copious notes.

Hopes are not high, and at the same time hope the presenters may consider these perspetives.

Thank you Howie. It was a great conference.
HMPS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.