FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Bankrate thinning the blogger herd today....who will survive.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1905859-bankrate-thinning-blogger-herd-today-who-will-survive.html)

kokonutz Apr 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Bankrate thinning the blogger herd today....who will survive....

Excerpt of a note sent to a number of bloggers today:

The Affiliates Team conducts a routine performance review in order to determine publisher growth month over month for the Bankrate Credit Card Network’s Banner Program. I’m afraid that your website will be removed from the Bankrate Credit Card Network’s Banner Program due to poor performance... according to the banner program guidelines, publishers are required to have a minimum of 10 sales every month.

Please remove all banner program solutions from your website. The products will be removed from your site by Close of Business Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Any of our friends here lose a revenue stream today (that they want to admit)?

Also makes me wonder of some folks here aren't vastly over-estimating the number of conversions and resultant revenue some of the bloggers make....

kokonutz Apr 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Anyone!? Bueller? Bueller?

No comment Renes?

Got a list, George!?

gpapadop May 3, 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 29684609)
Anyone!? Bueller? Bueller?

No comment Renes?

Got a list, George!?

I heard of some, yes.

It appears to me that the new owners of Bankrate are doubling down on the big Titan bloggers and eliminating all the marginal little blogs that are not profitable enough (after compliance costs) to make a dent...

I am careful what to say because...some fans of my blog are watching :)

kokonutz May 3, 2018 10:39 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 29710789)
I heard of some, yes.

It appears to me that the new owners of Bankrate are doubling down on the big Titan bloggers and eliminating all the marginal little blogs that are not profitable enough (after compliance costs) to make a dent...

I am careful what to say because...some fans of my blog are watching :)

SOME fans!? You know damn well that this forum is required reading for all P&M bloggers and others in the P&M use monetization space, from the titans to the pikers to all of the Renes!!!!

Just had a random call back from one of them to this place on the face book today! ;)

But goodness, even papadop is scared. The conspiracy runs deep. But the truth is out there!

wrxmom May 10, 2018 7:44 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 29679271)
Excerpt of a note sent to a number of bloggers today:

Any of our friends here lose a revenue stream today (that they want to admit)?

Also makes me wonder of some folks here aren't vastly over-estimating the number of conversions and resultant revenue some of the bloggers make....

I'll admit, my blog got the chop. When you don't post about credit cards daily or every other day it has an impact.

kokonutz May 11, 2018 6:15 am

Originally Posted by wrxmom (Post 29738055)
I'll admit, my blog got the chop. When you don't post about credit cards daily or every other day it has an impact.

Thanks for your transparency. And for not posting about credit cards every day.

But sorry for your loss.

wrxmom May 11, 2018 8:42 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 29741903)

Thanks for your transparency. And for not posting about credit cards every day.

But sorry for your loss.

Thanks.

baccarat_king May 14, 2018 12:56 am

If you can't convert 10 a month; then it's a hobby, not a business. There are hobbies that take far less time (than blogging) and probably can provide far more joy (or even profit).

If it's a hobby, you don't really care so much about the conversions anyway.

So, this is totally a non-issue.

84fiero May 14, 2018 11:02 am

Just watch that you don't step in any cow patties left behind by the herd

wrxmom May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 29750860)
If you can't convert 10 a month; then it's a hobby, not a business. There are hobbies that take far less time (than blogging) and probably can provide far more joy (or even profit).

If it's a hobby, you don't really care so much about the conversions anyway.

So, this is totally a non-issue.

My blog's business model isn't and wasn't ever based on cc conversions, obviously. :) There are other ways to earn money blogging. :)