Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frugal Travel Guy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:05 pm

RIP it seems...

Although still online until just VERY recently, but with no updates during the COVID pandemic, it seems they have finally pulled the plug. Now when you visit the address, it simply redirects you to flyertalk.com with no further message about what happened to the site. I guess it isn't surprising. However, it seems they would have at least posted a message stating why or "good bye" perhaps :-)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
RIP FTG...site

First reported in my blog I believe. Miss you Rick, stop by and say hi sometime for the sake of good old days ;-)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The problem with this, plus the demise of Million Mile Secrets, is that it sets a bad example to other companies who may have been thinking of paying heavily to acquire a miles and points blog :-)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by gpapadop
RIP FTG...site

First reported in my blog I believe. Miss you Rick, stop by and say hi sometime for the sake of good old days ;-)
Maybe my memory isn't as good as it once was.
gpapadop likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Noticed the redirect today. Had been checking occasionally over the last couple years. Raising a glass to a decent site!
Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.