FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   The bloggers are wearing me out re: Cheap fares on LCC to Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1824952-bloggers-wearing-me-out-re-cheap-fares-lcc-europe.html)

dhammer53 Feb 24, 2017 7:13 pm

The bloggers are wearing me out re: Cheap fares on LCC to Europe

If one more blogger post a tease headline with a $65 fare from the USA to Europe, I'm going to explode.

There was a time when the 'tease' was more realistic. These days, the clickbait and $65 one-way fares are getting dangerously close to the edge. Oldtimers around here are fed up with the likes of all the travel bloggers.

What's your opinion?

dh

tom911 Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm

I think there's more to come. Wait until Wow and Norwegian come out with a U.S. credit card product that can be pumped by bloggers. Get ready for the next round.

kokonutz Feb 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53 (Post 27954988)
If one more blogger post a tease headline with a $65 fare from the USA to Europe, I'm going to explode.

There was a time when the 'tease' was more realistic. These days, the clickbait and $65 one-way fares are getting dangerously close to the edge. Oldtimers around here are fed up with the likes of all the travel bloggers.

What's your opinion?

dh

I'm waiting for the headline "Travel Like I WOULD NEVER Do" :)

oliver2002 Feb 25, 2017 3:24 am

DY is on an aggressive marketing campaign, they even had a multipage insert in Monocle last month. VFTW was pumping 99$ wizz fares to Iceland years ago, my feeling is that there is some marketing budget at play.

Raffles Feb 25, 2017 4:00 am

(deleted)

scubadu Feb 25, 2017 6:46 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53 (Post 27954988)

What's your opinion?

dh

Ummm... you know that you aren't actually required to read the bloggers, right? I mean if it's actually going to cause you to "explode" which seems pretty traumatic, wouldn't it make sense to protect oneself from an untimely demise? :confused:

Regards

gpapadop Feb 25, 2017 8:03 am

What iz de issue with this scubadu guy, is he one of them bloggers? :-)

I want to see the deleted post by Raffles!

Doing posts like these are so easy even a robot can do it...and take a break for the next "Last Chance to apply for X card"....until the next one that is!

Raffles Feb 25, 2017 10:14 am

The deletion was off topic - I will post it on TBB at a relevant point.

Mary2e Feb 25, 2017 10:32 am

I don't waste my time, and never have, reading blogs.

At the beginning, they were doing it for the fun of it and getting almost all their info from FT. Now they're in it for money, and hence, the click bait articles.

I agree with you Dan ^

dhammer53 Feb 25, 2017 10:42 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 27956212)
Ummm... you know that you aren't actually required to read the bloggers, right? I mean if it's actually going to cause you to "explode" which seems pretty traumatic, wouldn't it make sense to protect oneself from an untimely demise? :confused:

I'm not actually reading the blog(s). I'm just looking at the clickbait headline. ;)
There must be lots of new readers, because I know the 'regulars' can't be opening the thread.

dh

84fiero Feb 25, 2017 10:46 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 27956449)
What iz de issue with this scubadu guy, is he one of them bloggers? :-)

I want to see the deleted post by Raffles!

Doing posts like these are so easy even a robot can do it...and take a break for the next "Last Chance to apply for X card"....until the next one that is!

That poster pops in periodically with basically the same post that "you aren't required to read the blogs..." and then runs off. Guess they don't know that they're not required to read this forum either!

Anyway I think it's also a reflection of the dwindling content that the P&M bloggers have to post about in these devalued twilight days of FFPs.

scubadu Feb 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero (Post 27957125)
That poster pops in periodically with basically the same post that "you aren't required to read the blogs..." and then runs off. Guess they don't know that they're not required to read this forum either!

Actually, I never run off. I read the threads on this forum quite consistently. I just generally choose to ignore your attempts to engage me and have placed a few other frequent "voices" here on my ignore list.

Regards

MrTemporal Feb 25, 2017 1:29 pm

deleted.

freeloader Feb 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 27956212)

Regards

Ummm... you know that you aren't actually required to read this forum, right? I mean if it's actually going to cause you to "be confused", wouldn't it make sense avoid reading and commenting on this type of posts? :confused:

I've long learned that when dan talks I listen... or else risk get thrown off the bus ;)

dhammer53 Feb 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by freeloader (Post 27958772)
I've long learned that when dan talks I listen... or else risk get thrown off the bus ;)

T'was a rowdy group on the BRT last year. :p

Shameless plus. Check the Community forum for the current thread. Sorry to be off topic.

dh