FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   what miles and points bloggers are on snapchat, and whom do you follow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1778129-what-miles-points-bloggers-snapchat-whom-do-you-follow.html)

SanDiego1K Jul 13, 2016 12:44 pm

what miles and points bloggers are on snapchat, and whom do you follow?

I saw a comment about Brian Kelly documenting his safari on snapchat. His Instagram pictures were stunning, and I would have loved to see more coverage. I am now following him on snapchat. In the very short time I've done so, I am impressed. He has shown the Blade helicopter service from Manhattan to any of the area airports, flew Air France premiere yesterday, and is in a Starwood hotel in the Marais District today. I hadn't know that the Design Hotel branch of Starwood had a Marais hotel so I found it very interesting.

I'm curioius as to whom else is worth following. I couldn't find snapcodes for View From the Wing nor for One Mile at a Time.

bthotugigem05 Jul 14, 2016 9:05 am

I follow Andy from Andy's Travel Blog but he's kinda boring.

Astrophsx Jul 14, 2016 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 (Post 26915606)
I follow Andy from Andy's Travel Blog but he's kinda boring.

He's pretty good ;)

Raffles Jul 14, 2016 10:32 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 26911819)
I saw a comment about Brian Kelly documenting his safari on snapchat. His Instagram pictures were stunning, and I would have loved to see more coverage. I am now following him on snapchat. In the very short time I've done so, I am impressed. He has shown the Blade helicopter service from Manhattan to any of the area airports, flew Air France premiere yesterday, and is in a Starwood hotel in the Marais District today. I hadn't know that the Design Hotel branch of Starwood had a Marais hotel so I found it very interesting.

Wonder if I could persuade my wife to let me hire someone to write my blog so that I can **** around the world like this every week? :-)

sbm12 Jul 14, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm on SnapChat but rarely use it. Don't really get the value proposition for producing good, informative or inspiring content that's just going to disappear. :confused:

skunker Jul 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 26917149)
I'm on SnapChat but rarely use it. Don't really get the value proposition for producing good, informative or inspiring content that's just going to disappear. :confused:

Maybe because it was originally designed to inspire college kids to send nude pics to each other....not that I would know. :p

SANspotter Aug 7, 2016 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 26917149)

Exactly my beef with SnapChat. I've considered using it in the past to document my travels, but what's the point if it's all temporary? I'm really scratching my head at all the other big content producers who use it as their primary social media tool. It's hard enough for me to keep my twitter, Facebook, and Instagram feeds updated - and dammit, if I'm going to spend the time to post something, I want it to be permanent! :D