Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page > Star Alliance MegaDo 7 Sept. 13-16 2016

Star Alliance MegaDo 7 Sept. 13-16 2016

Old May 7, 16, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, AC SE100K, NH, DL, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Star Alliance MegaDo 7 Sept. 13-16 2016

RE SMD7

Love the pricing and descriptions

Attached Images

Old May 7, 16, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never been to a SMD... Well, more like I've never bothered to go... Have I been missing out?
Old May 7, 16, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I've never been to a SMD... Well, more like I've never bothered to go... Have I been missing out?
Don't know, but did you notice on the SMD7 pricing chart, The Exit Row and Business Class options did not include "plenty of good company"?

Seriously?
Old May 7, 16, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, AA Gold, UA*S, A3*S, FPC Sucks, SPG Gold, CC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Don't know, but did you notice on the SMD7 pricing chart, The Exit Row and Business Class options did not include "plenty of good company"?

Seriously?
The guy I sat beside last year was awesome.

There were some really awesome people two rows back.

We ended up blowing up a plane and throwing it around after the Airbus gift shop tour.

Oh and the J FA was extremely hot and awesome.
Old May 7, 16, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Exclamation

As this topic originated in the Air Canada forum it's been relocated to the External Miles and Points Resources forum which is the venue for discussing paid mileage seminars and events such as the Star Alliance MegaDo. The link to this event is here for those interested.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old May 8, 16, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have I been missing out?
Depends on what you're looking for. I helped plan and run the first two. I think they were a lot of fun. I also think that the tone of the overall experience has shifted since then. Not necessarily bad, just different.
Old May 9, 16, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
I did 6 and may do 7, although the need for an extra day away from home is an issue.

6 was chaotic with little running exactly as planned. It was also huge fun, and as long as you only take the schedule as a vague guide to what may or may happen then you should enjoy yourself. Of course, if you are coming from North America and ponying up for a long haul flight as well you may have a different view on whether the schedule should be stuck to .....

Deals We Like posted last night that everyone who goes gets Star Gold, presumably with Aegean. I can't see any other reference to this though:

'For starters, you’ll receive Star Alliance Gold Status and the opportunity to win hundreds of thousands of points and 5 years of Aegean Gold status.'
Old May 9, 16, 8:07 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Platinum Thanks to FT
Too much money, too much running around, too many flights means too many delays and sorry, if its a short amount of time, as this DO is, it better be organized and follow a schedule. Based on last years comments schedules seemed to become just a guideline.

I have some friends that have done a number of them and they stopped going a couple of DOs back. As with many things the first one was the best one.
Old May 9, 16, 11:48 am

Programs: *S(TK),OWR(AY), MR/SPG(Gold), AS MVP, WS Silver, A3, BA, AP
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
I did 6 and may do 7, although the need for an extra day away from home is an issue.

6 was chaotic with little running exactly as planned. It was also huge fun, and as long as you only take the schedule as a vague guide to what may or may happen then you should enjoy yourself. Of course, if you are coming from North America and ponying up for a long haul flight as well you may have a different view on whether the schedule should be stuck to .....

Deals We Like posted last night that everyone who goes gets Star Gold, presumably with Aegean. I can't see any other reference to this though:

'For starters, you’ll receive Star Alliance Gold Status and the opportunity to win hundreds of thousands of points and 5 years of Aegean Gold status.'
I can not find this on the website, can anyone please send me the link? $999 for *G sounds like a good deal
Old May 9, 16, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Jma12 View Post
I can not find this on the website, can anyone please send me the link? $999 for *G sounds like a good deal
$999 is just your starting expense. Hotels, positioning flights, etc. run up the tab pretty quickly.
Old May 9, 16, 1:11 pm

Programs: *S(TK),OWR(AY), MR/SPG(Gold), AS MVP, WS Silver, A3, BA, AP
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
$999 is just your starting expense. Hotels, positioning flights, etc. run up the tab pretty quickly.
Thanks but wow sold out already, I regret eating out today
Old May 9, 16, 1:38 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), (I guess soon to be ex-)AB Platinum (OW Emerald), QR Silver, HH Diamond
I'm in - for the first time!

(if I can make the schedule work somehow, that is)

With #7 starting at my home airport, it was too hard to resist this time...
Old May 9, 16, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So much for attending... I guess this sells out as soon as the flood gates open. Oh well.
Old May 9, 16, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jma12 View Post
https://megado.com/pricing/

Attached Images

Old May 9, 16, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So much for attending... I guess this sells out as soon as the flood gates open. Oh well.
Pretty much.

Attached Images

Search this Thread