FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Star Alliance MegaDo 7 Sept. 13-16 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1764443-star-alliance-megado-7-sept-13-16-2016-a.html)

24left May 7, 2016 8:23 pm

Star Alliance MegaDo 7 Sept. 13-16 2016

2 Attachment(s)
RE SMD7

Love the pricing and descriptions

yyznomad May 7, 2016 8:26 pm

I've never been to a SMD... Well, more like I've never bothered to go... Have I been missing out?

24left May 7, 2016 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 26591702)
I've never been to a SMD... Well, more like I've never bothered to go... Have I been missing out?

Don't know, but did you notice on the SMD7 pricing chart, The Exit Row and Business Class options did not include "plenty of good company"?

Seriously? :D

canadiancow May 7, 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 26591712)
Don't know, but did you notice on the SMD7 pricing chart, The Exit Row and Business Class options did not include "plenty of good company"?

Seriously? :D

The guy I sat beside last year was awesome.

There were some really awesome people two rows back.

We ended up blowing up a plane and throwing it around after the Airbus gift shop tour.

Oh and the J FA was extremely hot and awesome.

tcook052 May 7, 2016 10:09 pm

As this topic originated in the Air Canada forum it's been relocated to the External Miles and Points Resources forum which is the venue for discussing paid mileage seminars and events such as the Star Alliance MegaDo. The link to this event is here for those interested.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator

sbm12 May 8, 2016 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 26591702)
Have I been missing out?

Depends on what you're looking for. I helped plan and run the first two. I think they were a lot of fun. I also think that the tone of the overall experience has shifted since then. Not necessarily bad, just different.

Raffles May 9, 2016 2:18 am

I did 6 and may do 7, although the need for an extra day away from home is an issue.

6 was chaotic with little running exactly as planned. It was also huge fun, and as long as you only take the schedule as a vague guide to what may or may happen then you should enjoy yourself. Of course, if you are coming from North America and ponying up for a long haul flight as well you may have a different view on whether the schedule should be stuck to .....

Deals We Like posted last night that everyone who goes gets Star Gold, presumably with Aegean. I can't see any other reference to this though:

'For starters, you’ll receive Star Alliance Gold Status and the opportunity to win hundreds of thousands of points and 5 years of Aegean Gold status.'

cruisr May 9, 2016 7:07 am

Too much money, too much running around, too many flights means too many delays and sorry, if its a short amount of time, as this DO is, it better be organized and follow a schedule. Based on last years comments schedules seemed to become just a guideline.

I have some friends that have done a number of them and they stopped going a couple of DOs back. As with many things the first one was the best one.

Jma12 May 9, 2016 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 26597078)
I did 6 and may do 7, although the need for an extra day away from home is an issue.

6 was chaotic with little running exactly as planned. It was also huge fun, and as long as you only take the schedule as a vague guide to what may or may happen then you should enjoy yourself. Of course, if you are coming from North America and ponying up for a long haul flight as well you may have a different view on whether the schedule should be stuck to .....

Deals We Like posted last night that everyone who goes gets Star Gold, presumably with Aegean. I can't see any other reference to this though:

'For starters, you’ll receive Star Alliance Gold Status and the opportunity to win hundreds of thousands of points and 5 years of Aegean Gold status.'

I can not find this on the website, can anyone please send me the link? $999 for *G sounds like a good deal ^

JetAway May 9, 2016 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Jma12 (Post 26598894)
I can not find this on the website, can anyone please send me the link? $999 for *G sounds like a good deal ^

$999 is just your starting expense. Hotels, positioning flights, etc. run up the tab pretty quickly.

Jma12 May 9, 2016 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 26598912)
$999 is just your starting expense. Hotels, positioning flights, etc. run up the tab pretty quickly.

Thanks but wow sold out already, I regret eating out today :(

goliath May 9, 2016 12:38 pm

I'm in - for the first time!

(if I can make the schedule work somehow, that is)

With #7 starting at my home airport, it was too hard to resist this time... :D

yyznomad May 9, 2016 3:51 pm

So much for attending... I guess this sells out as soon as the flood gates open. Oh well.

24left May 9, 2016 4:33 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jma12 (Post 26598894)

https://megado.com/pricing/

24left May 9, 2016 4:37 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 26600314)
So much for attending... I guess this sells out as soon as the flood gates open. Oh well.

Pretty much.