Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Thank you ^
Any idea of approx when the registration links might be posted please?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by znke252
Thanks...now I just have to remember to check back for when the registration links are posted.
If you've attended a previous seminar you'll receive an email when it goes live
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by znke252
Thanks...now I just have to remember to check back for when the registration links are posted.
A new thread for 2017 will get started shortly before it goes live that will have the info (or that's the way Howie's done it in the past).

BTW - we donated $16,384 to 3 great charities, from the charity raffle & left-over funds after bills were paid for the 2016 event.

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - we donated $16,384 to 3 great charities, from the charity raffle & left-over funds after bills were paid for the 2016 event.
That's an amazing achievement. Well done! ^
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
That's an amazing achievement. Well done! ^
Thanks. I'm pretty proud! I think prior to this year we raised $60K for 3 charities (charities vary each year) during the last 5 years, so we have a good track record.

That's a lot of me running around yelling ge-e-e-e-t your charity raffle tickets!! And the funds have increased since we started accepting credit cards for the raffle tickets. Something about travel folk needing to hit their spend for new credit cards or just wanting miles etc.

Also kudos to the hotels, airlines, attendees, sponsors for donating prizes & to the attendees. We also started 2 years ago that you don't have to be present to win, which makes more work for me in terms of shipping prizes or coordinating stuff between donors & winners, but it's worth it due to funds raised.

And great kudos to Howie, for donating any funds left over after the bills are paid to the charities.

This is literally a volunteer run event, & at the end of it there is a zero balance. No funds go to Howie, me (SkiAdcock), or others. In fact Howie donates the IHG meeting planner points (approximately 145K) each year as the grand prize for the charity raffle.

This is a once/year event run by volunteers. It's not at the most spiffy hotel in a really cool area, but rates are fair & the hotel does an excellent job/ are great.

PS - one of these days I'm actually going to sit in on a session. Normally I'm so busy w/ selling the raffle tickets that I don't have time. The only session I'm involved w/ is Sunday after the drawing when they do the hotel sessions, and I moderate the Marriott session.

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks. I'm pretty proud! I think prior to this year we raised $60K for 3 charities (charities vary each year) during the last 5 years, so we have a good track record.

That's a lot of me running around yelling ge-e-e-e-t your charity raffle tickets!! And the funds have increased since we started accepting credit cards for the raffle tickets. Something about travel folk needing to hit their spend for new credit cards or just wanting miles etc.

Also kudos to the hotels, airlines, attendees, sponsors for donating prizes & to the attendees. We also started 2 years ago that you don't have to be present to win, which makes more work for me in terms of shipping prizes or coordinating stuff between donors & winners, but it's worth it due to funds raised.

And great kudos to Howie, for donating any funds left over after the bills are paid to the charities.

This is literally a volunteer run event, & at the end of it there is a zero balance. No funds go to Howie, me (SkiAdcock), or others. In fact Howie donates the IHG meeting planner points (approximately 145K) each year as the grand prize for the charity raffle.

This is a once/year event run by volunteers. It's not at the most spiffy hotel in a really cool area, but rates are fair & the hotel does an excellent job/ are great.

PS - one of these days I'm actually going to sit in on a session. Normally I'm so busy w/ selling the raffle tickets that I don't have time. The only session I'm involved w/ is Sunday after the drawing when they do the hotel sessions, and I moderate the Marriott session.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock your post should have been in BOLD!
I have seen you in action for a few years now, hats off dear lady.^
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:34 am

Getting 2017 announcement

I have not attended Chicago Seminars and will not get an advanced note. Hopefully when the 2017 event is announced, I'll get an alert from this thread. But if there is a better way to get alerted, please let me know.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Hemera
I have not attended Chicago Seminars and will not get an advanced note. Hopefully when the 2017 event is announced, I'll get an alert from this thread. But if there is a better way to get alerted, please let me know.
Updated wiki. I am sure Howiee will start the 2017 thread in the next few months.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Updated wiki. I am sure Howiee will start the 2017 thread in the next few months.
Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by tphamBU
Looking forward to it! I would be willing to lead the Hyatt Roundtable if needed, too.
me too
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by renes points
updated wiki. I am sure howiee will start the 2017 thread in the next few months.
i will before that :-::-::-::-:
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:57 pm
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
Can't wait for another awesome weekend of Chicago Seminars!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

2017 registration is live: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...-2017-a-2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.