Wiki Posts
Search

I created a travel web-series "Where in the World"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
I created a travel web-series "Where in the World"

I Created a travel web-series called "Where in the World" Check it out and let me know what you think. The first episode follows my wife and I around India.

Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Nice. I've spent some time in India - it brought back memories! A few suggestions, though:

- Lose the intro (up to about 0:40) or cut it to five seconds max. (Added in edit: Maybe 10. But nowhere near 40+.)

- Try to hold the camera so it doesn't shake as much. Various kinds of grips may help in this regard. People in the Travel Photography forum may have suggestions.

- Don't pan quickly across a group of people or whatever. If you don't want to pan slowly, edit out the move. Quick pans are disconcerting.

- Captions would help. Most people recognize the Taj Mahal, many recognize the Baha'i Lotus Temple, but where are the other locations?

- If you show a person, try to show his/her face. There's a segment with the carved elephant seller that is mostly his and Amber's bellies. I know you wanted to focus on the elephants, but in that case zoom in much closer, so the people aren't as big a part of the picture. The in-between zoom doesn't work.

Please post more of them!

P.S. A grammar tip: If you wouldn't say "follows I around India," leaving your wife out of the sentence, don't say "follows my wife and I around India" either.

Last edited by Efrem; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:55 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem
Nice. I've spent some time in India - it brought back memories! A few suggestions, though:

- Lose the intro (up to about 0:40) or cut it to five seconds max. (Added in edit: Maybe 10. But nowhere near 40+.)

- Try to hold the camera so it doesn't shake as much. Various kinds of grips may help in this regard. People in the Travel Photography forum may have suggestions.

- Don't pan quickly across a group of people or whatever. If you don't want to pan slowly, edit out the move. Quick pans are disconcerting.

- Captions would help. Most people recognize the Taj Mahal, many recognize the Baha'i Lotus Temple, but where are the other locations?

- If you show a person, try to show his/her face. There's a segment with the carved elephant seller that is mostly his and Amber's bellies. I know you wanted to focus on the elephants, but in that case zoom in much closer, so the people aren't as big a part of the picture. The in-between zoom doesn't work.

Please post more of them!

P.S. A grammar tip: If you wouldn't say "follows I around India," leaving your wife out of the sentence, don't say "follows my wife and I around India" either.
Thanks for the feedback. I did purchase a motorized stabilizer which you'll be able to see a lot of differences in the next video. I'll release episode 2 probably tomorrow which goes to Railay Beach in Thailand and also has a British woman narrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.